Status: a working progress

Starting Over

"...she said I think I'll go to Boston, I think I'll start a new life..."

“You want me to what?” twenty-four year old Milan Lucic exclaimed to his mother after she informed him of her latest ‘idea’.
“I want you to take in Kaylee for a little while. Please Milan? I think it would be really good for her.”
“Mom, if what you just told me about her is true, then she is going to be really high maintenance, and right now I don’t think we will be able to take her in.” Milan told his mom.
“And why not? Milan, she is basically your sister, not letting her stay with you is basically throwing her out of a home.” Mrs. Lucic tried to guilt trip her son into agreeing with her.
“I feel bad, I really do, but I am not really going to be around with playoffs right around the corner, Brittany has her hands tied with Valentina and the dog, so I think having Kaylee stay with us might just be too much right now.” Milan explained, actually feeling bad for not being able to help out the girl who, like his mother mentioned, had played the role as his little sister.
“Then take her in to HELP Brittany. Kaylee has always been good with kids! It would be perfect!” Snezeza countered.
“Mom! I just don’t think it is going to work! I’m sorry!” Milan exclaimed, making his wife look up from feeding his daughter at him.
“Milan, if you just saw this poor girl you would agree in a heartbeat. She really needs a good, stable place to stay. She needs to be with someone she trusts. She trusts YOU Milan.”
“Mom, why can’t she just stay with you then?”
“Because she desperately needs to get away from Vancouver, away from her old life, away from the gossip and lies, and she needs to be in a new environment that she can start her life over in. Boston is the perfect place for that Milan, and you know. Just let her stay with you for a few months. If it doesn’t work out then I will take her in, but I think you should just give her a chance, she really needs one.” Milan looked over desperately at his wife, hoping she wouldn’t be too mad at the words he was about to say to his mother,
“Alright, alright, she can stay with us for a little bit. But, the second she becomes too much then she is going right back to Vancouver.”
His mom and Kaylee, who had been listening to the conversation on speaker phone in the Lucic’s household with Mrs. Lucic, sighed a sigh of relief.
Kaylee was going to Boston. She was getting a chance to start over, pull her life together, and most importantly, to get better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everybody! So, this kind of just came to me this morning and I was like 'hey, seems like a promising start to a good story!' so, here it is. I am still trying to figure out the kinks of everything (hence the no summary and lack of content in the first chapter) BUT i promise that this will be worth the read once I really get it going. SO, motivation and YOUR REVIEWS count a lot cuz even if the review consists of just two words, it is what keeps me going and writing more....hence the reason i stopped writing half my stories cuz people just stop giving me feedback and i write for feedback good and bad so ya....anywayyyyy...hope you guys give this a chance on my promise that it will be worth it in the end! thanks!
-meaghan