Status: **In Progress

Don't Open the Door for Strangers

Happy Ever After

Jimmy fell to the ground. His knees, elbows and palms hit the hard asphalt, battering them even more.
Dying hurt a lot less than he thought it would.
“Jimmy?” a voice questioned.
He opened his eyes.
“Matt?” The teenager looked around. Matt, Austin and Jack were gaping at him, a smoking gun in Matt’s hand. He looked behind him, where his father lay in a pool of crimson. He was staring at the sky, the light was fading fast from his chocolate brown eyes.
“Ji... Jimmy?” he gasped.
Jimmy crawled to his head and looked the man in the eyes. There was a gaping hole in his chest where the bullet struck, blood seeping through his shirt and onto the ground.
“I... I never meant.. meant for things.... things to turn out...this way, Im sorry.”
He weakly offered his hand as if in apology.
“With all of the shit you did to me, and killing my mother, you really think one sappy ass apology is going to make everything okay? Well I got something for you, dad.”
“Fuck you!!” Jimmy spat at his father. He tried to haul himself to his feet and failed. Matt ran over to his adopted son and scooped him up into his burly arms.
“Don’t you EVER. Do that to me again, James Owen Sullivan. You had me worried sick!!” Matt nagged.
Jimmy vaguely heard him, for he was very light headed and dizzy. Blood was seeping from the many wounds on his body and he hurt everywhere.
“Im sorry dad.”
Dad. The word hit Matt like a tidal wave. Jimmy had never called him dad.
Just then, half a dozen police cars and an ambulance roared into the cave’s entrance. Several officers jumped out and yelled, “Freeze!! Hands where we can see them!” they held their guns out and marched into the assassin head quarters.
Two paramedics took Jimmy from Matt, despite his protests and ushered him into the vehicle. They shoved needles into his arms and busied themselves with cleaning his wounds. The kid was out.
Upon inspecting the caves, the officers found illegal torture devices and the assassins business was not licensed. They arrested several people, including Johnny and Zacky. They filled the cars and drove off.
Matt got into his cruiser with Jack and Austin in the back seat and followed the ambulance to the hospital.
***
Matt paced around the waiting room. They had taken Jimmy into surgery for loss of blood and extreme trauma.
“Mr. Sanders?” an attractive lady in a lab coat asked.
“Yes?” he replied.
“Your son is out of surgery and awake.”
Matt followed her to his room and sat down next to the bed.
“Matt I am sooo so-“ he began but Matt put his hand up.
He grabbed the sixteen year old in a hug and held him captive for a good five minutes.
“Im proud of you son,” he admitted. He let the kid go and sat back down.
“It was stupid. I almost got you and my best friends killed!!!”
“YOU almost got yourself killed!!!” Matt added. Jimmy sighed.
“Thank you.”
“For what?”
“Saving my ass!” the teen chuckled.
“That’s what dads do.” Matt muttered, looking at the floor.
“I love you dad.” Jimmy smiled.
Matt blushed.
“I love you too Jim-Jam.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sad to say that this story has come to an end. I really hope you guys enjoyed it, but i'll probably never know because you must be silent readers!!! But anyways thanks for reading and I'll be sure to have something else in store soon!!