Status: **In Progress

Don't Open the Door for Strangers

The Nightmares Are Still Tormenting

The cave was dark, damp and smelt of mildew and god knows what. Johnny Christ wondered through it, hunched over, a torch in his massive hand. Water kept dripping onto him from the stalactite’s above him. He had hit his head on one earlier, resulting in a gash above his only good eye.
He was trying to concentrate on the path to his master ahead of him, but his mind kept wandering to the gym. He had gone there to renew his membership, even being an evil henchmen you gotta keep in shape.
But anyways, he couldn’t forget the boy he had seen there. He looked to be about 17, his hair black as night, and a burning vengeance in his ice blue eyes. The boy looked to be so young, yet so full of hatred and burning desire for revenge.
He looked familiar.
Johnny thought back through all of the assassinations he had executed over the years, never remembering having seen this strange child.
But one does not simply forget eyes like those.
10 years ago, Johnny remembered the one assassination he wished he’d never went through with.
Shelly Sullivan.
Johnny’s thoughts were interrupted as he entered the main chamber of the cave.
“JOHNNY!!” A deep voice roared.
“Where the fuck have you been?” Synyster shouted at the man, spit flying from his mouth.
“Town.” Johnny muttered.
He debated on telling Syn about the boy, but soon shooed the thought away. The guilt of killing the boy would ride on the mans soul fifty times worse than killing the boys mother. It still killed him to think of the way the bullet tore through her once beautiful face.
“Something on your mind, Short Shit?” Zacky Vengeance piped up from the corner.
“No.” Johnny replied.
“I think you’re lying.” Syn sneered and smacked him upside the head.
“Fuck you.” Johnny spat back, turned and walked away.
***
“Jimmy?”Matt whispered and poked his adopted son.
Jimmy didn’t even flinch.
“James Sullivan.” Matt said firmly.
Jimmy snapped back into reality.
“Wh- what?” he stumbled.
Matt grabbed him in a hug. Matt had a feeling that there was something sketchy about the man with the marred face.
“Come on Jim, lets head to the station.”
The encounter went on unnoticed, but Matt didn’t want to stand there any longer.
Jimmy burned with anger. He was shaking in the passengers seat of Matt’s Honda. Once at the station Jimmy calmed down a bit. Matt couldn’t shake the words the teen had muttered at the gym.
“Hey Matt?” the teen said shyly.
“Yeah kiddo?”
“Im gonna go home.”
Jim turned and walked out the door, Matt assumed he was going to walk.
***

Blood. Blood everywhere. It was all over the blue and white carpet in the small breeze way of the small house Shelly loved. After divorcing Brian five years ago and moving away, she had worked her ass off to pay for this cute little house in the country. She worked her ass off to pay the babysitter she needed for her sweet son because she worked her ass off. But now it was ruined. And so was Shelly.
Jimmy crawled out of the dryer. He stepped in something gooey, but he didn’t look down to see what it was. For 6, he was intelligent, and he knew what happened when people got shot. His babysitter had sat him down through both Kill Bill’s and many other action movies.
The person went everywhere, just as his mom did. She was laying face down on the floor, a terrible noise coming from what was left of her face. Jimmy began to cry. His mom was the prettiest lady in the world, his best friend and just about the only thing he knew in this world. He vaguely remembered his dad.
Jimmy crawled over to his mom, he smoothed her hair down, getting himself covered in her blood and brain matter. Then they took her away. He struggled. Screaming, the image of his mother burned into his brain.
Matt had just returned home form a late shift. He had chased three stupid hoodlums around town all fricken night, and he was not in the mood for bull shit. He was extremely glad Jimmy was a quiet kid.
Then he heard him shout. Matt took off upstairs and found the teen in bed. Thrashing and soaked with sweat and tears, a silent scream caught in the boys throat. Matt shook him awake, and the boy clung to him. Jimmy was fighting to catch his breath but the tears kept on choking him. Matt held the boy until he calmed down.
“No wonder why you don’t sleep.” Matt sighed and laid down with the teen.
Jimmy knew he was WAY too old for Matt to lull him to sleep, but he didn’t object and he knew he desperately needed it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whatcha think?