Status: **In Progress

Don't Open the Door for Strangers

Help Is Always A Good Thing

It was a dreary California Tuesday morning. Matt woke up late, very groggy, his hair sticking up at weird angles and his eyes blood shot. He could only breathe out of one nostril and his pillow was soaking wet.
He then realized Jimmy was not up for school. Matt took off up the stairs and knocked lightly on Jimmy's door.
"Jimbo? You're late." he tested, knowing that the waters would be murky from last nights fight.
No answer.
He tried the door knob. It didn't turn, just jiggled. Matt didn't recall having a lock on this door. He banged on the door with his fist.
"James Sullivan open up."
No answer.
Then Matt did yet another thing he swore not to do except for his job.
He put his foot on the door and kicked it in. His powerful legs plowing through the wood, sending splinters here and there, knocking the chair away and sending the thirty year old tumbling backwards.
He laughed lightly to himself, he had never done that before and it was fun. Soon he was back to business.
Jimmy was nowhere in sight, but his window was wide open, the purple curtains flowing with the light morning breeze.
Matt went into a panic.
"Shit." he ran down the stairs and grabbed his keys off the counter, giving no fucks about what he was wearing what his hair looked like, or even what his breath smelt like. He just needed to find his son.
***
Jimmy woke to the sound of Austin sawing logs. He sat up as sand rained down from his black hair. He whipped it from his pale face and turned his head as some poured out of his ear.
His phone said it was 9:07 am. He missed school. Oh well.
He noticed that Austin and Jack were cuddled in each others arms, spooning. He held back a laugh as he shook them awake. Jack coming to his senses and pushing Austin away, disgusted.
The night before, the three teens had come up with one decent plan. They would return to the gym every saturday, hoping to catch a glimpse of the presumed killer.
"Jim, don't you think you should let Matt help us? He is a cop." Jack suggested.
"Matt would never let me get my way. He'd only take justice, not revenge." Jimmy explained.
"Revenge isn't always the best way, man." Austin chimed in.
"Come on guys. Don't be pussys." Jimmy taunted the teens.
"My mommy told me not to subject to peer pressure." Jack said in his best impression of a little kid.
"Of course I'm with you." Austin cheered, catching Jimmy in a head lock and giving him a noogie.
Jimmy bit Austin's arm, causing him to flinch back and pulled himself together.
"Let's get down to business."
***
Matt banged his fist on the dash board and yelled out in frustration. He had been all over town, he checked both Jack and Austin's houses, the music store, even the ice cream shop and still no Jimmy. He wished he had just let things go and let Jimmy learn his own lessons, but then again those lessons could end up killing him.
Matt pulled into the pier’s parking lot and sighed. He banged his forehead into the steering wheel and laid there for a few minutes.
When he picked his head up, something out of the corner of his eye caught his attention.
Three unusually tall, lanky boys were running down the road. Matt couldn’t miss Jack Barakat’s skunk-like hair.
“God damn it.” Matt muttered to himself and took off after them.
***
Johnny laid on the cool hard floor, gravel cutting into his face. He could feel the warm blood flowing from the gash in his eyebrow.
“Now, you get to fix this mess, and I’m demoting you!!” Synyster shouted at him.
Great, the assassin thought, all the hard work I put in to get to this rank and now its gone.
“Get up and get to work.” Syn snarled at him. “And I don’t want to see you back here until its cleared up.”
Johnny got up, his head and body aching, and walked out of the main chamber.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd like to give a shout out to my bestie Kara, without whom, I would never have gotten into this kinda stuff!! I wish you guys could read her stories. They're like, 10x better than mine!
Love ya girl :)