Status: Irregular Updates

My Summer's Dilemma

Chapter 3

I awake to the licks of Brady, which did not smell good by the way. I laugh and push him off of me, sitting up. I sit there for a few minutes, feeling dizzy from the sudden jolt. I swing my legs off the edge of the bed and look at my alarm clock; 8:32. I groan, getting up to stretch. I walk out of my room to use the bathroom, but my brother had beat me to it.

"Hurry up, I've got Brady slobber to wash off," I say, banging on the door.

He walks out, his black ear-length wavy hair combed back.

"Go ahead, I feel bad for you, I know what he ate this morning," he says, his sandy brown eyes sparkling at his amusement.

He walks pass me and into his room, then closes the door and laughs. I have an idea of what Brady ate. I close the door behind me when I get into the bathroom. I take off my clothes and take a quick shower, making sure to vigorously cleanse my face with my mother's face scrub. I step out of the tub and dry myself with my towel, wrap it around myself then walk back to my room. I slip on a pair of boxers then a pair of some regular blue jeans. I pull on a black shirt and a pair of black chucks. I step down the stairs to check if anyone was in the kitchen. Nope. I walk in to find my favorite breakfast on the dinner table. Even a glass full of cranberry juice. I guess my mother is trying to lighten my mood up before I fly out to see Michael. I sit down and sip some of my juice, I don't know where to start. There's Eliopsomo, Galaktoboureko, Apaki, Spanakopita, Xerotigana, Bougatsa, and Kaseri cheese, fried of course. I cut myself a piece of each platter and pile it onto my plate. I take my time eating and pour myself some more juice. My mother comes down and sets my suitcases down in the living room, then walks over to the kitchen counter.

"Good morning sweetie, I see that you've helped yourself to the breakfast," she comments, pouring herself a cup of tea.

"Yeah, it's all great mom, thanks. Really," I respond with my mouth full. She shakes her head, joining me at the table and cuts herself a slice of eliopsomo, along with some kaseri cheese.

"So," she starts, looking up at me. "Are you ready to go to Massachusetts?"

"Well, no. But do I have a choice?" I ask, biting down on a piece of apaki.

"No," she admits. "But, you'll like it out there, trust me."

On the drive to the airport, I watched as we passed my friends houses, parks and stores I'd hang out in and it made me feel sick. I know it's only 2 and a half months, but this is my home. It's what
I know best, and I'm getting sent across the country into a state I've never been to, with a man that I'm not very fond of. It made me upset with my mother all over again. She didn't have to send me there, she could of signed me up for something local, I even could have worked with my father. Oh well, its done now. When we get to the airport, my father opens the door to the trunk and takes out my two suitcases. Before I get out of the car, I scruff up my brother's hair and say bye to him. I get out and walk around to the passenger side to hug my mother. When I go to embrace her, she has a sympathetic smile on.

"It'll be over before you know it sweetie." She stands on her tiptoes to kiss my forehead, then backs away a little bit. She pulls out a blue card and hands it to me. "I was going to wait till you started college to give you this, but since you're going away, I guess now is a good time to have it." It's a credit card, awesome.

"Thanks mom," I say, a smile spreading.

"Don't go crazy now, it's still under my name till you get a job," she smiles and pats down my shirt. Her eyes well up, and I take that as a sign to go.

"Love you mom," I kiss her cheek.

"I love you too honey, be safe. Don't go making a fool of yourself since I'm not there to watch you," she smiles.

"Yes ma'am." I walk over to my bags and give my father a hug.

"Call us when you land, okay?"

"I know dad, bye." They both get in the car and I walk towards the entrance of the airport. In approximately 6 hours, I will be landing in Massachusetts to see Michael after 5 years. I hope this goes well.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the super short chapter you guys. D: It was sort of a filler, just to get on to the time when Kenneth arrives in Massachusetts. Anyways, subscribe, recommend, and please comment so I can know what you guys think. :)
To those unfamiliar with the Greek Culture, here are the foods in English.
Eliopsomo = olive bread.
Galaktoboureko = custard pie.
Apaki = smoked pork.
Spanakopita = spinach pies.
Xerotigana = fried dough spirals.
Bougatsa = another breakfast pastry consisting of custard, cheese, and maybe meat.
Kaseri cheese = cheese make of sheep's milk, sometimes containing a little goat milk.