Status: active

The Mute Mate

Chapter Nine

I sighed as I sat in my room staring out the window. My dad and brother was currently meeting with the other alphas and my mom was out with some of the other Lunas. I grimaced as I finally got up from my spot by the window to start pacing the room. My wolf has begun to act up, causing me to feel really restless, for obvious reasons.

My mate.

Stopping in my tracks, I groaned before I decided a run might do me some good. Changing into a pair of shorts, t-shirt and sneakers, I quickly made my way outside, heading straight to the woods. Considering this was a neutral town, I was fairly certain I wouldn’t run into any trouble, however to be safe, I decided to run in the woods, especially since I haven’t even had my first shift yet.

According to my mom, it all varies. Some go through it when they’re younger, others when they’re older. But the general age would be around 19.

I just sighed, doing some quick stretches before I put my headphones on and started running aimlessly, making sure to keep an eye out for landmarks that would lead me back.

After roughly an hour of running around, I soon slowed down, my breaths coming out in short rasps as I started walking straight, feeling my muscles clench and release as I tried to calm my breathing. This was one of the reasons why I loved running so much. Taking my headphones out of my ears, I put the device in my pocket, just enjoying the serenity of the forest.

After only a mere 5 minutes, I decided to head back. After all this time out, plus the time it will take to get back, I’m sure my family would be worried about me, especially since I didn’t really give them too much of a notice of where or what I was going to do.

Turning back to the direction I came from, I begun to slowly jog in that direction, but a feral growl rang through the air, forcing me to freeze my movements. Slowly, I scanned my surroundings, crouching down into a defensive position as I tried looking for the source of the noise.

There.

Off to my right, hiding in the shadows, I could make out the shape of a large wolf, it’s yellow eyes gleaming. It took a step out from the shadows, allowing me to see him so much better. His brown fur was filthy, all clumped together and full of twigs and mud. A scar ran down it’s snout, crossing it’s lips in an ugly manner. His ears laid back as he barred his teeth at me. I gulped, careful not to make sudden movements all the while cursing myself for not telling anyone where I was going. Although this was a neutral town, his status rang clear.

Rogue.

I kept my eyes trained on him, once in a while looking around to make sure he was the only wolf in the vicinity. The rogue seemed to realize that I was alone and let out a much nastier snarl, his lips curling up into what appeared to be a smirk. I hurriedly connected with my wolf, begging her for advice on what I should do. But Aiyana could only whimper in helplessness. We haven’t shifted yet and apparently we weren’t ready yet.

Suddenly, with a loud bark, the wolf lung at me. Tears running down my face, I squeezed my eyes shut as I turned my body, raising my arms up for some protection.

Pain.

Pain shot through me as the wolf bit down on my left arm, his claws digging into my torso. With tears falling harder, I pulled my right hand back and swung it as hard as I could at the wolf, glad when my fist came in contact with the wolf’s face. He yelped, letting go instantly to stand back, shaking his head back and forth. I crumpled to the ground, cradling my left arm to my bloody body. The wolf turned on me, his face pulled back into a nasty snarl. But a loud bark brought his attention to someone else and soon, I felt warmth hover over me. I looked, seeing a pitch black wolf crouched over me in a protective manner. Seeing him protecting me allowed me to close my eyes as I tried to shut out the pain, ignoring the growls, barks, and whimpers around me, soon falling unconscious.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you guys so much for being such great fans and readers. :) I'm so, so sorry that I've been neglecting this story. I had to get to college to get settled in my dorm and then school started and bleh, just been really busy. But here's the next chapter that you guys definitely deserve. :)

These next few weeks will be a bit shaky with updates since I'm still getting used to my class schedules and what not, but once I get a good feel of my schedule, I'll definitely start updating regularly. I also noticed that I need to go back and fix my story ... so many mistakes and they bug me. -____- But again, thank you guys so much for being such awesome people. :D