Status: active

The Mute Mate

Chapter Ten

~Sally's POV~

As I slowly gained consciousness, I could feel myself being rocked gently. As little as I moved, the movement still caused pain to shoot through my body, I squeezed my eyes tightly, tensing slightly as a particularly painful jolt ran through my body.

The rocking ceased instantly and I felt myself being lowered so I was sitting on the ground, my back resting against something warm.

“Are you okay?” I heard a masculine voiced asked before a face appeared in my line of vision.

I swallowed hard, not recognizing the boy, no, man in front of me. Staring at him for a few seconds, I slowly nodded my head, my eyes never leaving his face. He gave me a gentle smile, relief evident in his eyes.

“That’s good. Wouldn’t want Alpha Matt going on another rampage,” he told me, a small chuckle leaving his lips. “When he found out you were gone, he practically woke up the entire town with his screams.” I blushed, looking down, But then I noticed my arm was wrapped in what looked like a ripped up piece of cloth. I suppose the unknown man noticed me looking at my arm, since he spoke up as soon as I looked back up at him. “I needed to wrap your arm up. It’s not professionally done and I’m not really an expert on stuff like this, but I think I remember my parents always telling me to make sure a wound stops bleeding until we can get someone better to look at it. I gave him a small smile, internally wishing I could talk. Getting an idea, I took his hand, using my finger to write out two words.

It took a few tries, but he finally got it, reading it aloud as he looked at me with a confused look. “Thank you?”

I nodded my head before I begun writing on his hand again, telling him about my problem. As I finished, I looked up and he stared back at me, surprised.

Blinking a few times, he shook his head. “That sucks. No wonder why your dad’s worried about you.”

He looked up at the sky, where the sun had already begun to climb into the sky.

“Come on, we’re about ten minutes from the town. Then we can get a doctor to check you out.”

Without waiting for a reply, he gently scooped me up and began walking again. Huffing in slight annoyance, I looked forward, watching the trees pass by. After a few minutes of silence, I realized I still haven’t learned his name, Looking over at him, I tapped his chest. Looking down at me, I begun to write letters in the air.

“What’s my name?” he asked, looking at my nodding head. “My name’s Davis. I’m from the Firestone pack.”

That pack name sounded familiar, but I couldn’t quite place where I had heard it from. Shrugging it off, I continued to listen to Davis make small talk, telling me stories about his pack.

xXxXxXxXxXx

“You’re a lucky girl, Sally. Most unshifted wolves wouldn’t have survived a rogue attack, much less make it out with only a few deep lacerations,” the doctor told me, scribbling things down on his clipboard before looking at me. “You’re free to go, but please be careful. It’ll be at least two days before you’re healed completely.”

Nodding my head, I shook his hand before waving bye, heading to the lobby of the small building, almost stopping in my tracks as I saw two people glaring at each other in the middle of the room, the tension in the air thick.

Dad and Jett.

~3rd Person’s POV~

Matt waited anxiously in the small room, waiting for his daughter to come out. Although the nurse tried to reassure him that she was in no serious condition, he wouldn’t quit worrying until he saw her for himself. His wife and son were sitting in the chair next to him, both just as anxious as the alpha.

Suddenly, the sound of running footsteps could be heard echoing through the halls, soon revealing the alpha of the Firestone pack. Jett headed straight towards the nurse, not even sparing a glance at the trio that were sitting down. All Jett cared about was seeing his mate safe.

After hearing what happened from his younger brother, he practically shifted right then and there, tempted to chase that rogue that got away from Davis. But he knew he had another thing to do first. Check on his mate.

“Is there a Sally here?” He practically shouted at the nurse, worry pumping through his veins.

The nurse nodded her head, a bit taken back at the sudden appearance of the young alpha. “Yes, she’s currently with a doctor though. She should be out shortly.”

“So she’s okay?”

The nurse, seeing the obvious worry in his eyes, nodded her head, her look softening. “She only has a few deep lacerations on her left arm and torso. But the doctor’s assuming she’ll be perfectly fine in two days at the latest.”

Nodding his head, he thanked the nurse before turning around, finally noticing Matt. Making his way over to the older alpha, he nodded his head in greeting. Matt nodded his head.

“So you heard about her condition?”

“Yes. My younger brother found her with the rogue and attacked the rogue.”

Matt nodded his head. “I would like to send my thanks to your brother then. But I must ask, where is the rogue that attacked her?”

“He got away.”

“WHAT?”

Matt stood up, anger running through his veins. “He let him escape? He could have told us valuable information about the other rogues. Now instead, he'll have information on us to tell the other rogues!”

Jett stood taller, a deep growl emitting from his throat. A part of him didn’t like the way the older man was blaming this on his brother while the other part kind of understood where he was coming from.

“He didn’t choose to let him escape. He chose to save your daughter first.”

The two still stood, almost nose to nose as their wolves refused to back down to the other.

“Sally!”

The feminine voice broke the two from their stare down to watch Katherine run to her daughter, Jake following after his mother. The alpha pair watched as Katherine brought the girl into her arms, fussing over her before she began scolding her for going out into the woods by herself, especially in a town that wasn’t apart of their territory. Matt threw Jett one final glare, a bit irritated the other didn’t back down, before he went to join his family.

Jett stood there, watching the family fuss over the girl before he let out a small smile. As much as he wanted to run up to her and hold her in his arms, never wanting to let her go, he knew he had to be patient. With the way her father protected her, Jett knew she probably was sheltered and naïve to what was going on in the world. That much was obvious by the mere fact that she went out by herself.

Turning on his heel, he made his way towards the exit. But just before the door closed behind him, he gave one final look at the family and was surprised to see Sally staring at him, mixed emotions running across her face. But the moment was short as the door shut firmly behind him, leaving Jett with only the memory of the look she was sending him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry. T-T I was updating this story on my other account ... and I forgot about this site ...

So you guys get 9 chapters all at once. ^-^; I'm so sorry and I'm going to try really hard to remember to update this site.