Status: active

The Mute Mate

Chapter Eleven

~Sally’s POV~

I’m not going to lie. It broke my heart a bit, seeing Jett walk away from me. However, seeing how my dad and Jett looked like they wanted to kill each other when I first entered the room, it was quite understandable why he chose to walk away.

“Sally, what were you thinking, going out by yourself when you knew rogues were running around?” My mom questioned me, bringing me out of my thoughts.

I looked at her before I brought my gaze down, shrugging my shoulders as I avoided my mom’s disappointed stare. I heard her sigh in exasperation before I felt arms wrap around my body. I looked up, seeing my mom clearly for the first time. Her red eyes were bright with unshed tears and her nose was quite red. I felt my heart slightly clench at the sight of my mother and I hugged her back just as tightly as she held me.

“Never mind then . I’m just glad you’re safe and that Davis managed to find you in time.”

I heard my father mumble something under his breath that I didn’t catch, however my mother seemed to have heard as she let me go to slap my father on his arm.

“Matt, stop it. You’re acting like a child, not like an alpha. Davis couldn’t catch the rogue, but he saved our daughter. In my opinion, he made the right choice. If he had gone after the rogue, another rogue could have come and attacked our daughter. Be grateful he was there to save our daughter.”

My dad growled a bit, though he did managed to look sheepish at my mother’s words. He sighed before he took my mother in his arms, pressing his lips to her temple. “Thanks Katherine. I needed that.”

She smiled up at him. My brother coughed, bringing them out of their reverie. My parents turned to us, looking almost surprised to see us standing there. My mom laughed, a blush on her face as my dad looked away. I smiled at them, thanking God for my family.

If I could only be with my mate right now, I wouldn’t have asked for anything more.

~Unknown POV~

As the man in front of me finished telling what happened, I couldn’t help but let a growl escape my mouth. “Why didn’t you kill them? He was disposable and it’s vital that girl is dead. If the rumors are true and that girl really is the silver wolf, we need to eliminate her before she shifts. And now that she met her mate, her time of her first shift is fast approaching.”

The man whimpered as I kept my gaze on his pathetic form. “I’m sorry. I almost had her. But that guy came out of nowhere and he wouldn’t let me near her. And he was strong. Not as strong as an alpha, but almost that strong, I would say.”

I nodded my head, scrunching my eyebrows together in thought. If he was as strong as he was saying, then maybe he really didn’t stand a chance.

“Did you, by chance, managed to catch any distinguish features about this wolf?”

“There was one feature, I suppose. Besides him being a black wolf, he had a scar on one of his paws. It was hard to miss, I would say.”

I chuckled to myself. “A scar you say? Well, if it’s who I think it is, then you probably did the right thing.”

“Huh?” I simply laughed at his confused face. “Don’t worry. Even if things didn’t go according to plan, I still have some tricks up my sleeve.”

I stood up, glancing out the window to see the sun high in the sky. “Kevin.”

“Yes sir,” the man said, straightening up.

“Make sure you send a pack of wolves into the town tomorrow, just to rough them up a bit. Make sure you manage to get a wolf up to the girl and try to injure her. Don’t kill her now, just injure her. I … need her to be injured in front of her dad in order for me to continue with plan b.”

With a nod of his head, I turned on my heel and swiftly made my way out of the makeshift house, quickly transforming into my wolf in order to run back to the town. Better get back before those fools start to worry. I chuckled to myself as the town came into sight.

I will rule over all these pathetic wolves.