Status: active

The Mute Mate

Chapter Fifteen

"Sally, come on. Time to get up." I yawned, lifting my head up and rubbing my eyes. I heard a chuckle coming from my right and I opened my eyes to see Jett standing outside, holding the door open for me. I gave him a small smile, taking his hand as he helped me out, subconsciously adjusting the collar of my shirt to hide the ugly scar as the events of the car ride filled my head. I saw Jett frown out of the corner of my eyes as he saw what I was doing, but as I turned to look at him, he had replaced the frown with a smile.

"How do you like it? My home, I mean," He asked, gesturing to the building behind him. I looked at him confused before I looked around, my eyes growing wider and wider the more I took in. His lands were so much different than my old packs, even the houses looked different. Whereas my pack was in a more dry area, almost like a desert, Jett's land was full of green, trees and bushes surrounding us. Whereas my houses were were made of bricks, Jett's houses were made of wood. As I took in the beautiful scenery, I almost didn't notice Jett grabbing my hand, tugging us towoareds he huge house in front of us. I pointed the the house, then holding up a one. He looked at me confused.

"One house?"

I sighed, shaking my head before I took his hand, writing out letters on his hand.

"Do I ... live .... here by ... myself?" He said slowly as I wrote on his hands. I nodded my head looking up towards him.

He shook his head, turning to the house. "I live here with my mom and dad. But when our packs get visitors or if something happens to one of the pack members home or something, they tend to live here, which is why it's so big. We thought that this way, the alpha can keep an eye on the visitors and we know most of the pack members, so they hopefully feel more comfortable here if they do need that place to stay."

I nodded my head, still taking in the beautiful scenery surrounding us. Soon, he had led me into the house, where the walls were wooden, painted an off-white color and the living room was the first room we came upon.

Three pairs of eyes focused in on us and I blushed, moving to stand a bit behind Jett, though I knew they could still see me. Jett chuckled under his breath. "Knock it off guys. You're going to scare my mate away before you even meet her," he said, pulling me from behind him to stand next to him.

Two guys and a girl were in the room, one of the boys and the girl on one couch while the other laid on the ground, the tv playing some kind of movie or tv show.

"Congrats, man," the guy on the couch said as he got up and walked over to us, clapping a hand on Jett's shoulder before he turned to me. "I'm Rob, his cousin."

I took his hand, giving it a quick shake as I sent him a small smile. "Her name's Sally. She's Matt's daughter," Jett said, giving me a reassuring look to which I raised an eyebrow to. He rolled his eyes, a smile on his face before he turned back to Rob, giving him, as well as the other two, a look. Guess he was talking to them through the pack link about my small problem.

The girl was the only one who's expression changed to shock, but it was gone almost as soon as it had appeared as she got up as well to make her way over to us, the other boy not to far behind her.

"My name's Layla, I'm this idiot's sister," she joked, giving Rob a small shove. He grunted, but he had a small smile on his face anyways.

"Don't remind me," he said, earning himself another shove from the petite girl. I smiled, loving their antics before the last guy cleared his throat, diverting my attention to him.

"I'm Kyle. I have no relation to these three here except for being the best friend they could ever have," The grin on my face from his introduction refused to leave my face as I shook his hand, as Jett scoffed.

"Yeah, but we can't rely on you to go out to buy food. Ever."

Kyle just huffed, shoving his hands into his pockets. "Not my fault I got distracted. That old lady needed help."

Rob let out a laugh. "Yeah, two hours to go and help her. And when you finally came back, you didn't even have the groceries or the money we gave you to buy the groceries. Instaed, you had a pan of brownies that was almost empty."

I smiled as they continued to joke and talk to each other, our group eventually moving to sit down on the couches as I listened, Jett sometimes turning to me to give me a quick kiss or tell me a story about something they did when they were younger.

Hours later, I looked at his face as Layla was harrassing Kyle about some prank that backfired on him, I couldn't help but think of how handsome my mate was, especially with such a carefree look on his face. He turned and caught me staring at him, raising an eyebrow at me. "You okay?"

I nodded my head, though my body decided right then and there that I should yawn, which just caused Jett to laugh, pulling me up. "Well, we're heading off to bed. It's been a long drive back and it's 11:00 already."

The trio bidded us goodnight as we walked upstairs, going to the third floor. At the top of the stairs, he turned to me, wrapping his arms around me. I smiled, wrapping my arms around his neck. "Do you want to stay in my room or your own room? I know you might be uncomfortable, especially since you're not in your own packlands and we haven't really-"

I cut him off, pressing my lips to his. I felt him smile as he returned the kiss. I pulled back, a blush forming on my face as he smiled at me. "Guess that answers that question, huh?"

I nodded and followed him to his room. Since my bags were still in the car, he handed me one of his shirts and a pair of basketball shorts before showing me to the bathroom. As soon as he shut the bathroom door, I held the clothes to my face and, hesitating slightly, I took a small sniff. Blushing as Jett's scent filled me, I quickly changed and walked out of the bathroom, seeing Jett already changed into a pair of basketball shorts and a white undershirt. Despite my relief that he had a shirt on, cause who knows how I would have reacted, i was also a bit disappointed. I quickly slid into bed, fatigue hitting me hard as I laid in the soft bed. I sighed in happiness as I snuggled under the sheets, gasping slightly as Jett pulled me to his chest. I turned my head and smiled at him, kissing his cheek before I laid my head down, my eyes already heavy.

"Good night Sally," was all I heard before I was out like a light.