Status: active

The Mute Mate

Chapter One

**17 Years Later**

~Sally's Point of View~

I sighed, letting my feet lead me around the seemingly empty pack grounds. My dad had some important pack business to attend to and suggested I went outside to hang out with my 'friends'. Truth be told, I don't have a lot of friends, due to the fact that I mostly stayed in the pack house with my parents and brother.

"Hey Sally!" I turned to the source of the sound and smiled at Kevin, waving hi to him in a way of greeting. I waited for him to catch up before I continued on my walk, him following after me. "Are you heading home?"

I shrugged my shoulders, giving him a weak smile. He just smiled. "No plans then?" I shook my head. He grabbed my hand, tugging me towards my house. "Come hang out with me and Jake then. We're going to watch that new movie World War Z.

I nodded my head, a hesitant smile on my face. He grinned at me, oblivious to my hesitation and pulled me to my house to get my brother Jake. See, there is a reason why I mostly stay in the pack house. My father's a bit on the ... over protective side. And it's to the point where he rarely lets me leave his sight let alone the pack grounds. So I doubted I could go with my brother and his best friend to the neighboring town where the only theater was.

Soon enough, we arrived at my house, Kevin barging into my house, yelling out Jake's name.

"Jake! Jake!"

"I'm coming," an irritated voice rang out, my brother soon coming down the stairs. however, his irritation softened as his gaze settled on me. Hehe, the control I have over my brother.

"Hey Sally. Where'd you go?"

I made circles with my finger, motioning to the nearby area. He chuckled, before looking at Kevin. "Ready to go?"

He nodded his head before throwing his arm around my shoulders. "You think you're sister can join us?"

My brother showed the same hesitation, though he did start heading to the stairs. "Let me go ask my dad."

I pushed Kevin's arm off my shoulder, giving him a small smile before I followed after my brother to my dad's office.

Dad's office was open, so my brother and I walked right in, seeing my dad sitting at his desk with papers strewn across the top. Dad looked up from his work, a big smile on his face. "Hey Jake. Hey Sally. How was your walk?"

I gave him a thumbs up and he just chuckled. "That's good. I'm sure you didn't come here just to say hi to me though."

"Can Sally come with me and Jake to watch a movie?"

Dad sighed, stopping his work completely to give us his full attention. "At the theaters?" Jake nodded his head.

"No."

Jake growled under his breath. "Why not dad?"

Dad growled even louder then Jake, his eyes turning a shade darker. He turned to me. "Sally, go to your room. I'll get you as soon as we're done."

I turned to leave, but Jake grabbed my arm, leaving me to sigh. Here we go again.

"Sally, stay. Dad, you can't keep babying her! She's almost 18!"

"I'll do what I want. I'm her father, not you!"

A woman looking very similar to me came into the room, an exasperated look on her face.

"Are you guys really arguing again?"

"Mom, tell Dad stop babying Sally!"

"Katherine, don't you dare!"

My mom sighed, looking between my brother and dad before settling to look at me. "Come, Sally. Let's do something else while these boys fight it out."

I nodded my head, tugging my arm out of Jake's grip before quickly going towards my mom, who grabbed my hand and led me to my parent's room, my father's and Jake's yells filling the house. I sighed, pulling my mom's gaze to me. She gave me a small smile before pulling me into a hug. "Don't worry. They both just care about you so much. They just don't agree on how to treat you."

I nodded my head, this not being the first time I heard this. My mom ruffled my hair before pulling out some nail polish. "Why don't we do our nails?" I smiled, nodding my head before i took a seat next to my mom on the ground, looking through the various colors my mom produced from her dresser.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone!!! :D Sorry I've been so inactive lately. :( I had a terrible writers block and I lost my muse for my other two stories (... that I took down cause unfinished stories always bug me.) BUUUUT I have a new inspiration for a new story and it's summer!!! So there shouldn't be anything to stop me from writing this story. :P Haha, hopefully my story will be somewhat successful to the point where more than two readers read it. Haha. But enjoy~

P.S. Sorry it's so short. It's more or less just an introduction of her family. :P