Status: active

The Mute Mate

Chapter Three

~Third Person's POV~

The four people left in the room watched as Sally led the two boys out of the room, their footsteps soon fading into nothing. Philip turned to Matt, an apologetic look on his face. "Matt, I-"

"It's fine, Phil," Matt said, a sad smile on his face as he turned to his old friend. "It's not often you meet a wolf who's mute, after all."

Even if Matt said this with a nonchalant vibe, Philip could still see the pain and protectiveness he had about the topic. Deciding to change the topic at hand, Philip turned to his own bag, ruffling through it till he was able to pluck out two sheets of paper, handing it over to Matt.

"Jett sends his apologies for not coming. However, when they were getting to leave, a pack of rogues attacked us. After we managed to get them off our lands, he decided to send me instead. However, he'll come next week for the alpha's meeting to look over the treaty and sign it. But, I'm afraid i have more pressing matters to discuss with you."

Matt took the paper, leaning over to allow Jake to see the paper as well. As future Alpha of this pack, Matt had begun to allow Jake a view of what he does, letting his son follow him to important meetings and sharing information with him that he didn't even dare share with his mate. "Is this the report Jett did on the rouge attacks?" Jake asked, eyes skimming over the paper quickly before turning to Philip. The ex-alpha nodded his head, his face grim.

"It just started a few months ago. At first, it would only be one or two a month. Then we started getting attacks every week and now, they've started attacking in packs. I suspect that these rogues are ganging up to try to take over our lands."

Matt nodded his head. "It's not just your lands either, I'm afraid. I've talked to the alpha's surrounding us and it seems as though they've been having the same problems as you."

"But why?" Jake asked. However, silence only filled the air.