Status: active

The Mute Mate

Chapter Eight

~Sally's POV~

Just as that one word was said, silence followed. But the silence only lasted so long before all hell broke loose. My dad lunged at the boy, rage filling his eyes as a deep growl resounded from him. My mom let out a loud shriek as my brother quickly pulled her away from the pair. Philip quickly latched onto my dad, trying his best to get him off. The few people still lingering after the meeting quickly gathered around, trying to figure out what had happened while also trying to help Philip.

I, on the other hand, could only stand there, frozen. I could only watch as my dad and my mate fought it out, shrugging off anyone who could get their hands on them. Tears soon began to fall as the familiar metallic scent filled the air. I opened my mouth, wishing with all my might I could speak.

"Stop!"

I quickly turned my head and watch as one of the people from the stage stood tall, arms crossed over his chest. If I remember correctly, I believe that Jake told me his name was Michael. He was pretty young compared to the other council members, maybe around his early or mid twenties. He had dark brown hair and eyes, his skin a few shades lighter than my mate's. He looked between my mate and my dad as everyone else quickly backed away from the fight. My dad glared at my mate, who only held a calm look on his face. My dad quickly wrenched himself away from him, taking deep breaths through his nose.

"Jett. Matt. Follow me," Michael said, turning on his heel as he walked through one of the doors. I watched as my dad exchanged a few words with my mom, who had tears gathering in her eyes, before following after the council member. I let my gaze shift over to my mate, who I realize must be Jett, and froze as I found him staring at me. We stared at each other for who knows how long. He finally broke eye contact, turning to follow after Michael. I watched him walk away, letting out a long sigh as the doors closed behind him.

I felt someone's hand on my shoulder and I turned my head to look up to Jake. He sent me a strained smile, gesturing to my mom. "Come on. Dad told mom that we should just go up to our room and get some rest. We'll deal with this in the morning."

I hesitated, taking one last look at the door before I nodded my head, following my family through a different door.

~Third Person's POV~

Michael led the pair to what appeared to be a conference room of some sort. Upon entering the room, Michael went straight to the phone and begun making calls. Within ten minutes, the other council members were in the room, all seated comfortably in front of the two alphas. "Now," Michael began, deciding to take charge of the impromptu meeting. "We need to hear what happened. From both of you," He said, cutting of the complaints from the alphas.

"You," Kristen spoke up, looking at Jett. "You go first."

Jett cleared his throat before he told his side of the story, telling them his father was about to introduce him to Matt when he looked at the girl behind Matt. "I looked into her eyes and I ... I just knew she was my mate." Matt growled lowly, getting a warning look by a few of the council members. However, Jett ignored it, continuing on with his story. "As soon as I said the word mate, he tackled me and you know the rest."

The council members all exchanged looks before Kristen turned to Matt. "Is this true?" Matt slowly nodded his head, knowing there was no use in lying. "Then, care to explain why you attacked him?"

Matt stayed silent for a few seconds, thinking his words over. "I ... I know my actions may seem random, but .. I'm very overprotective of my daughter because she's ... she's been through so much already and I don't want her to get hurt anymore .. and she's so special .. in more ways than one."

"Stop speaking in riddles and get on with it," Amber snapped, ignoring the disapproving look from her fellow members. However, Michael noticed the nervous looks Matt kept sending Jett. If something about his daughter made him that nervous, maybe it was best Jett didn't hear about his mate's condition just yet.

"Jett, I'm glad you shared your side of the story, but I think the rest should between us and Matt."

Jett glared at the suggestion. "If it has to deal with my mate, I deserve to hear about it," he argued. However, Zachary stood up looking at Jett.

"Don't you think anything concerning your mate should be told to you by your mate?" Jett growled, but kept silent, knowing he already lost this argument. "Besides, if it was life threatening to your mate, we will let you know. But for know, let us hear Matt's story and let us decide." Jett growled, but got up anyways, turning towards the door.

"Jett." Matt suddenly called out, watching as the younger alpha halted, turning his head slightly to look at him. "...Sorry."

Jett nodded his head before continuing on his way out, shutting the door. "Continue," Michael said, all the members turning their attention back to Matt.

Matt sighed before rubbing the back of his neck. "My daughter's mute."

Silence filled the room. "Mute?" Kristen asked, not believing her ears.

Matt nodded his head. "I believe it has something to do with .. who her wolf is."

"And who is her wolf?"

"I believe her wolf is the legendary silver wolf."

Silence again. Michael turned to his fellow members, a grave expression on his face. "Well, nothing's certain yet since she hasn't shifted-"

"Then how did you'd come to that conclusion?"

Matt sighed before he then went on to tell the elders the story of his daughter's warning and the rogue attacks. As Matt continued on with his story, the member's face grew graver and graver. Finally Matt finished his story and awaited their response.

"If what you say is true," Zachary started, looking at the other members. "Then we have much to worry about. But for now, let's just keep an eye on her."

With the meeting dismiss, the members all began to leave the room one by one. "Oh, and Matt?"

Matt turned to look at Zachary. "Yes?"

"I think ... it would be best if your daughter moves to Jett's pack, don't you agree?"

Matt stayed silent, just staring at Zachary. Without even replying to the council member, he turned and left the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
You guys are the best! :D So I decided to update again this week. :D I know that many of you loved who showed up last chapter. ;) Buuuuuut we can never just find our mate and live happily ever after. That wouldn't make for a good story now, would it. :P Now, on to the story!