Status: complete

A ***ers Execution

A ***ers Execution

Sitting in a room made up of dirty stone walls. The guards stalk the halls outside. There’s hay strewn across the floor, there’s only one occupant ANNE…

I’m cold. So cold. I don’t know how long I’ve been here. Weeks? Months?

Pause…

I don’t know. It’s all the same now. God I’m dirty, I smell of sweat, and old hay. Not much of a bed. Hay. a bowl of water is pushed through the door.

ANNE looks at water and ignores it…

Don’t get much water, ain’t gonna bother using it on washing. I’ll only get dirty again. Anyway who’s gonna see me? The guards? Like they care. Don’t matter anymore though everyone knows where I’m headed.

Pause…

It’s been a long time for someone with my convictions to be locked up…

Pause…

What happened to me? I used to work for a lord; I was highly respected in his household. Top maid. Why did he have to die? His son. Why? Why did he have to be so cruel?

Pause…

I didn’t mean to hurt him.

Pause…

He was a nice lad. When he was younger of course.

Fades to black…

They ever gonna get round to me? The dungeons must be packed. Maybe they’ve forgotten about me…

Pause…

It wasn’t my fault. Well, it was. Kind of. He shouldn’t have been so antagonising. I can see his face in my mind…

ANNE laughs…

I can hear his screams in my mind. I can feel the force of the blade cutting through his neck. I can see the chunks of his face that are missing. I can feel the blood squirting over my hands. I can see his body slumping to the ground.

Pause…

He deserved it. He should have known better. I don’t regret it I know it was right. Anyway if I didn’t do it I’m sure someone else would have. He deserved a slow painful death.

Fade to black… ANNE sits in an even darker room than before. This time she’s in chains, a thick metal ring around her neck connecting the chains to her. There’s also metal around her wrists and ankles.

Well. This is it then. Shouldn’t have to wait much longer. The guards’ll be here any minute. To take me away. To die. If I’m lucky it’ll be quick.

Pause…

I wonder, a hanging? More likely a beheading. Used to like the executions, don’t fancy mine though. Ah well all that I can hope for now is that I don’t burn in hell, just like him. Shouldn’t do though. Well, I know I killed a person, but no one who knew him could blame me. It needed to be done. I couldn’t just leave him alive to torment the other girls.

Pause…

Be deserved everything he got.

Keys jangle outside the door…

This is it then. My last look at the world. Don’t think much of people now; I think I’ve only met three decent people in my whole life. They probably don’t think much of me now… goodbye

Fade to black…

Well. This is it then. Shouldn’t have to wait much longer. The guards’ll be here any minuet. To take me away. To die. If I’m lucky it’ll be quick.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a monologue if anyones confused about the pauses and stuff that is why.
Thanks for reading
Check out my other stories through my profile if you're interested.
XxLiz