Status: Coming back, slowly.

Keep the Faith

I'm no superman

“Danielle,” I sighed, leaning against the counter as she ventured into the fridge.

“Oh shit, you only use Danielle when you’re angry or need to get something off your chest,” Danny looked up to me and walked over. “What is it?”

"Two problems," I mumbled rubbing my forehead. "One Johnny thinks you're pretty, two I think Matt's pretty."

"Oh," she said slowly then dragged out. "Shit."

"Yes, Oh shit fits perfectly, where's Brian I want my brother, or my daddy!"

"You're such a baby," she mumbled handing me a beer. "Just drink, smile and shut up."

"I'm not being a baby Danielle, I'm stressed not to mention I'm starting to tire from that damn plane ride, and plus I promised my dad I would call him," I mumbled as I took a sip.

"Go call him, I love your dad I was just fucking with you," she grinned and pushed me into the living room, I glanced back at her than sighed and walked over to the cordless phone, I called my dad's cell number and waited.

"Hello?"

"Dad?"

"Rylie? Hey baby are you in Cali already?" he asked, I could tell he was smiling widely and from what I could hear, my uncle Richie was yelling in the background about his 'Little Riles' being back.

"Yeah I'm at Brian's house, why don't you swing by and see me, I know you're in town, mom said you were," I smiled to myself as I heard him laugh.

"Alright, alright, we'll be by within an hour," he laughed then slowly stopped. "I love you sweetie."

"I love you to dad."

-----An Hour Later-----

I was laid out on the front porch's swing when I heard a car drive up, I glanced up and smiled at the black escalade stopping at the mail box, uncle Richie jumped from the car and ran full force to me, I had changed into one of Brian's big shirts and a pair of his girlfriend's pants an hour before hand, he threw his arms around me and picked me up. "My little Riles! You're not little anymore!"

"Hi uncle Richie," I giggled hugging his neck, he laughed and kissed my cheek sloppily then carried me back to the car, where my dad was just coming out of the passenger door. "Hi daddy!"

"Baby girl!" he laughed as Richie sat me down and let me run in my dad's arms.

"Why is Bon Jovi on the front yard hugging Brian's sister?" I heard Leana ask Jimmy loudly, making me giggle and kiss my dad's cheek.

"Uh," Jimmy looked past Leana who was at the gate and tilted his head. "I have no clue…Brian!"

"It's her father," Brian groaned having to remind his friend, who was probably drunk last time he told him.

"Who's her father?" Michelle asked coming from the kitchen door when me and my dad, uncle Richie, Alec and Tico walked through the gate. "Holy shit!"

“Wow, star stuck much?” Danny looked at Michelle from the swing and laughed.

“Very,” Michelle nodded.

“Used to it,” Danny stood up and waved to my dad. “Hey!”
“Well, Danielle, don’t you look big!” My dad laughed and put his hand on Danny’s shoulder.

“I barley grew since the last time you saw me,” Danny sighed, everyone laughing because that was about ten years ago.

"Hey Jon," Brian waved from the grill as he continued flipping steaks after steaks, burger after burger, hot dog after hot dog, apparently they were being ate before he could even taste one, or me.

"Hey Brian," my dad laughed as I skipped over to Brian and stole his plate that had a hamburger on it, then skipped back.

"Oh!" he yelled reaching for it, but I ducked and jumped around him, running for Richie and my dad.

"Save me!" I squeaked as I hid behind my dad, who laughed and reached back to pat my head. "Aw don't pet me dad, I'm not a dog."

"Sorry," he withdrew his hand. "It's habit with the kids."

"Obviously," I rolled my eyes and bit into the hamburger. "So what's up?"

"That bird," Richie pointed at a jaybird flying to a nearby tree. "And a plane."

"I didn't mean that smartass," I rolled my eyes and shoved him playfully. "Why are you in Cali?"

"Touring, we're here for two days," Richie laughed as I stuffed the whole hamburger in my mouth as Brian made his way over to steal it back.

“Oh, that would make sense,” I nodded.

“Ewww, Ry, don’t be a pig,” Danny stuck out her tongue as I swallowed the burger.

“What can I say?” I shrugged. “I was hungry!”

"How about chewing before you swallow the fucking thing," she said surprised. "I mean Jesus, you just about inhaled it."

"I," I paused. "Was," paused. "Hungry!" yelled.

"I can tell," she nodded her head slowly. "Anyway, Jon what's up dude? Like the hair style you're rocking."

"Thanks?" he said slowly as he grinned. "Nothing’s up actually, just resting today."

“Sounds cool, we’re just hanging around here today,” Danny explained. “Ry actually just got here this morning.”

“Oh did she now?” My dad looked over to me. “Why didn’t you call?”

“I got distracted,” I shrugged.

“Distracted by us,” Brian raised his hand. “My fault.”

"Be glad I called," I chuckled as I stepped back. " I almost fell asleep on Matt's back earlier, then when I was sitting next to Johnny."

"Leave it to you," he laughed as I stepped back again and nearly fell, Richie had to catch me before I slammed against the wall.

"Damn it!" I yelled stomping my feet. "What is it with me and accidents? Wrap me in bubble wrap!"

"Calm it Murphy!"

"I will hurt you," I glared at Danny and pointed at her. "Boo boo."

"Oh shut up," she rolled her eyes at her old nickname, Boo-boo bear. "Hey Jon, look at her leg, she's been here around five hours and within the first two hours she done that."

"Oh good lord Rylie," he laughed bending down to look at it. "What did you do kid?"

"Fell on a glass ashtray," I sighed. "Brian's fault."

"Brian?"

"He pushed me, I fell on Leana, Leana fell on Jimmy and yeah," I shrugged my shoulders. "Accident again that I somehow ended up bloodied."

"At least no broken bones," Richie laughed as my dad removed the bandage to look at the cut, he was still so damn protective over me, even though I'm an adult.

"Was there glass in it?" he asked placing the bandage back over it.

"Yeah, Matt got it out though, hurt like a big ass bitch."

“Oh, don’t be a baby,” Danny yawned. “I’m tired.”

“Then go lay down or something,” I waved her away.

“I just might,” She nodded, smiling slightly, Brian telling her where to go.

“So, daddy,” I sighed and looked back to him. “When are you leaving?”

“The shows tomorrow and we have to go right after that. This is the only time you’ll see me for a while,” He explained.

“Okay,” I sighed. “I’ll be right back, I’m kinda thirsty,” Everyone else stayed outside except for Johnny and I, who walked back into the house. Johnny went to go see Danny and I quickly grabbed yet another beer from the fridge. As I walked back out, I snuck a peek at Johnny, who was striking up a conversation with a hysterically laughing Danny. I giggled and walked back out to my dad.