Garage Heroes

Chapter Two

To tell you the truth, I was really actually excited about moving. I wanted to try to make friends. I thought it would be nice to have someone that I could actually talk to, instead of just sitting in the back of the bus listening to music by myself. I had grown to like it that way; the loneliness. But as much as I liked being alone, I wanted someone to share nice conversations and good bands with. It had gotten to the point that I was bored with myself. If I was going to move, I may as well try something new.
The car came to a halt in front of a little, sky blue house. It was nice. It had purple flowers blooming next to the steps leading to the door. My dad jumped out of the car and began to grab boxes.
“We need to at least start bringing boxes inside. Maybe we can unpack most of it.” I nodded at him and secured my beanie onto my head. I grabbed my stuff and he showed me to my room.
“Don’t unpack little things yet. I’m gonna take you to the store later, maybe you can find a different color of paint. It’ll take about two days to paint, so get only a little bit of stuff out.” He nodded to the wall. I looked in the direction and realized that my room was red. Not the nice, subtle red. The bright fucking red that hurt your eyes just to see. I nodded back at my dad and he turned on one foot and walked out of the room. I didn’t talk to him as much as I should, I realized that. I always feared saying something stupid to him. I didn’t want to embarrass myself in front of him. I hated it.
I tore open one of the boxes containing my bathroom things. There were two bathrooms in the house, one for me, and the other for my dad. I liked it this way. I would never have to worry about him having to use the restroom while I was in the shower. I carried the box to my bathroom. It was much nicer than my bedroom, the color that is.
“Maybe I can just live in here,” I said to myself, and laughed. I picked up a little blue cup, which was slightly darker than the bathroom walls, and placed my toothbrush into it. I had even brought my own shower curtain instead of throwing it out like my dad had told me to. Everything had to be perfect. Everything in my bathroom was blue. I love the color. I unpacked everything else and headed back to my bedroom. I pulled out a pillow and a blanket out of a box and laid it on the carpet. This would do for the night. There’s no point in going all out if we’re just gonna repaint my room. I wanted to give myself a tour of the house. I wanted to start from outside. I headed back to the door and walked around the house. It was beautiful; all the flowers. I went back to the door and walked into the living room. It had plain white walls, and I knew my dad would just leave it that way. My dad walked in as I headed toward the kitchen.
“Taylor, it’s getting late. You can take a tour tomorrow.” He was right. It was about ten o’clock at night and I was exhausted. I nodded at him and told him goodnight. I headed back to my room where I found my blanket and pillow and drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll get to the MCR part soon, I promise!