Garage Heroes

Chapter Three

I woke up to my dad closing his bedroom door a little too loudly. I didn’t mind, though. A few moments later, he knocked on my door to tell me to get ready to go get paint for my room. He didn’t want to paint his room; his was a nice white room with brown trim.
My dad left my room and I decided to get dressed. It was too hot for skinny jeans, which sucked, considering that’s all I ever wore. I picked out some shorts and grabbed a Pink Floyd shirt. I put on my black Converse high tops and quickly straightened my hair. I put my blue Beanie on and went to find my dad. He was waiting for me in the kitchen, eating a sandwich.
“So, what color are you planning on for your room?” He turned to look at me.
“I think blue would look nice. Not too dark. But, a little darker than sky blue.” I smiled. He nodded at me while he chewed the last bite of his sandwich. He pulled his keys out of his pocket and motioned toward the door. I hurried to the door and opened it for him. As I walked out to the car, I heard something that sounded like a garage band. I really hoped it was, I fucking love local bands. I listened a little closer, but the music stopped. I looked to where the music had been coming from, and sure enough, there were four guys walking out into the grass, coming out of a garage across the street. One of the guys saw me staring, and nodded and smiled at me. He had long, messy black hair. He was wearing an Iron Maiden T-shirt. I nodded and smiled back at him and got into the car.
My dad got into the car and laughed, “That was kind of amusing.”
“What do you mean?”
“You looked really awkward nodding back to that guy. Uncomfortable.” I shrugged but laughed, “Maybe you can make some friends, Taylor.” I looked over at my dad before he got the last couple words out. He looked so hopeful for me.
“I can try, if you’d like,” I smiled at him and watched a grin form on his lips.
“I would, it’s about time you get out of the house more.” He winked at me and I laughed.
We pulled into the store and he told me to go pick out a color. I showed him the color I wanted and he told me I could go back out to the car while he got everything. I took the opportunity and walked out. I remembered the guy from across the street and hoped he lived in that house, or nearby.
♠ ♠ ♠
Mwhahaa. Finally some MCR.