Garage Heroes

Chapter Eight

Gerard’s Point of View
“Jesus fucking Christ,” I pulled my arm up to block the light coming from my window. What a lovely way to wake up. I hadn’t opened my eyes yet, for fear that they would melt out of my skull. I turned my head to try to avoid the sun. I could smell something that smelled like lilacs. My eyes shot open as I remembered Taylor. There she was with her head in my side and her hand on my chest. I pushed her hair away from her face. She was so beautiful as she laid there, asleep and oblivious to the world around her. Her eyes flickered open slowly as I placed a strand of hair behind her ear.
“Well, good morning.” She smiled as her blue eyes began to close.
“Good morning. I didn’t mean to wake you…”
“No, it’s about time I get up. You’re fine, Gerard.” Her eyes opened and she sat up. The Misfits shirt she was wearing was a few sizes too big for her. Hell, it was too big for me. She still looked gorgeous. What am I saying? I had only known her for a few days and I was already getting feelings for her. I began to get up so I could go get myself some coffee. It seemed to be the only thing that kept me sane and I could use some now. Maybe it could snap me out of this.
“Would you like some coffee?” I managed to whisper. Taylor nodded and smiled. We made our way to the kitchen. I was embarrassed to have her in the house. It was so disgusting, and I knew it. But I couldn’t afford anything else. This is what we had, and this is what we would live with. The only good thing to this house was the fact that Taylor was right across the street. I made some coffee and sat at the table. Frank and Ray were awake and they began to toss jokes around about Taylor sleeping in my room. I flipped them off but Taylor was laughing at their jokes.
“I have to go soon. I have more unpacking to do today. Maybe you guys can come over when I get done!” She spoke to everyone, but was making eye contact with me. She smiled and nodded at Frank and Ray and headed toward the door. I jumped up and ran to the door before she could open it. I pulled the door open for her and she nodded at me. I smiled and she smiled back. She walked out and I went back to the table where I found Frank and Ray laughing.
“Why the fuck are you laughing?”
“That was really smooth, bro,” Frank was the one to speak between laughs.
“Shut up.” I threw a plastic cup at him that had been sitting on the table. I got up and went back to my room to continue my most recent drawing. I could hear them talking and laughing so I shut my door and turned on some music. Sex Pistols sounded good right now. I pushed my hair out of my eyes and began to sketch with my colored pencils. I needed to keep my mind off of Taylor. I couldn’t have feelings for her yet. It was stupid. I just fucking met her. But still, I was looking forward to going over to her house. It would be nicer than my own house.