Why Klaus?

Meeting Again

I entered the shady nightclub where I knew vampires frequented. The air was thick with the scent of blood, sweat, and sexual tension. People were gyrating and writhing to the erratic beat of the trance music. Scanning the room for any suspicious activity, my eyes alighted on the velvet roped VIP section. There was an assortment of people there, about half vampires. You could tell by the languid way they were draped in their chairs, as if they owned the place. Several of them had young women on their arms, giggling as they were fed champagne. I saw a shadowy figure get up and lead a young teen out the back hallway.

Inconspicuously, I followed. I went around several couples making out and heavily petting. One couple was almost going all the way. “Ew, get a room” I remarked. Reaching the hallway, I peered around the corner. It was devoid of anything except the hardwood flooring. They were headed to the alley behind the club then. I headed to the end and saw a movement out of the corner of my eye. It was a door, off of a side passage, swinging shut. Just as it was about to close, I slipped out.

I was on a fire escape, with the dark alley below me. The night was cold and silent. Without warning, the silence was pierced by the noise of a struggle. I heard scuffling and a groan. As quietly as I could, I crept down the fire escape. I sidled along the rough brick and hid myself in the shadows. The sounds were coming from around the corner. I tiptoed to the corner and peeked around it.

A shadowy figure was standing close to the young teen. A crisp English accent came wafting through the air. I held my breath and prayed, prayed that this person was not the person it could be. Although the accent was clear, the muttering of the figure was indistinguishable.

Suddenly the figure lunged at the girl. He latched onto her neck and she started struggling violently. This time when he spoke, I could hear his words clearly. “Easy love” he crooned. The girl’s struggling got weaker. At the rate he was going, the girl would be dead within minutes. I quickly drew in my breath. I would have to intervene to save the poor girl’s life.

I stepped forward, out of the shadows. The girl abruptly dropped, the arms holding her captive had disappeared. Oh shit. Where was he? I suddenly felt an arm wrap around my throat and hot breath on my neck.

“I was planning on having her for a drink, but I could just as easily substitute you.” Oh please do not tell me I have to run into you here, of all places. I maneuvered around his arm so I was facing his chest. Pressed up against it, I murmured, “Now Klaus, that’s no way to treat a young lady is it?” I felt him tense at the mention of his name and he suddenly thrust me up against the alley wall.

His hands moved up to my throat and he growled “How in the bloody hell do you know my name!?”
I simpered, “I am very hurt that you don’t remember.” His hands constricted around my neck as he yelled, “Answer me, bitch!” I reached up and swept the hair out of my eyes so he could see my face clearly. “Now I really am offended. How do you suppose it feels to be forgotten by the very man who stole your innocence?” His hold loosened as he took a step back, visibly stunned. His blue eyes blinked once, then lit up in recognition.

I sauntered forward from the wall and circled around him. What do I do? Ahh shit. What the hell. I’ll just play around with him. I sauntered up to his ear. “Well?” I whispered. Klaus threw his head back and laughed. "Oh my dear Savannah. It has been too long.”

I thought, More like not long enough. The last time I saw you, you were making it clear that I would rue the day that I ever slept with you. Not in so many words of course, but I think being torn off of me by your dear brother as you very nearly made me a vampire gets the point across just as well.
But I said “Obviously, you have downgraded to common girls from clubs.”

“As opposed to commoners masquerading as ladies at a ball?” Klaus laughed as I said,
“Of course.”
He grinned and shook his head as he ran a hand through his hair.
“What brings you to this fair city?” he enquired.
“Not you.”
“Oh?” He raised his eyebrows.
“Nope!” I said.
“Then what?”
“Oh, you know, stuff…” I said vaguely.
“No, I don’t.” His demeanor became slightly more threatening as he took a step towards me. I coolly said, “Now what makes you think I would tell you?” He took another step closer. “How about you tell me and I don’t drain you completely of blood?” I sighed. “Back to the old threats so soon? Really?” I smiled.

“Savannah, I swear, if you do not tell me, I shall empty your body of every drop of blood, burn you to a crisp, then scatter your ashes to the wind.” There’s the Klaus I know. I shook my head slowly. “Well, seeing as I am not inclined to tell you anything, nor have any desire to be subjected to the scenario you just spelled out, I do believe we have reached an impasse.”

He let another throaty growl escape. “I believe, my dear Savannah, that you forget you are still human, and hence, can not only suffer pain, but die.” His eyes turned crimson as his mouth opened to expose his fangs. I shook my head and tutted. Then I disappeared.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, reviews, comments would be greatly appreciated!