Status: Brand NEW! I finally got the guts to post my first chapter of my first story.

Always the Omega

Chapter 3: The Cliffs

I have to be careful now. My thoughts are heard by the entire pack in wolf form, so I have to zip my big mouth shut for a few hours just like Michelle ordered. Michelle and Connor were ahead of me by a few flanks. This particular run is very easy for the average shifter, because of all the flat land throughout this part of the forest. Well it is for a trained wolf, but not for me. No one bothered to take the time to teach me anything, even if it was better for the pack as a whole to gain strength.

Michelle kept glancing back and giving me her best smirk with her elongated snout and chuckled, "Stupid Omega you'll never be better than me." She saw me stumbling and tripping over tree roots every time she even cared to glance backwards. We three were still a good fifteen minute run from the peak of the cliff where Nanook ran the rogue wolf off of it.

I know I'm not much to look at as a wolf, but my pack kept me because of my nose. I owed it to them, to Trevor. I know that being an Omega anyway is useless and most packs don't even take their Omegas on pack runs. I'm pretty lucky I guess, even though I don't feel like it.

Connor was acting strange. From where I am running it looks like Connor keeps giving Michelle little glares when she is not paying attention. His thoughts aren't very nice either, but she is so full of herself that she is not even noticing. God I really do hate her.

'Maybe if I 'accidentally' push her off the cliff I will feel a bit better.'

Soon as that though slipped through Michelle practically sat down, sliding to a halt, and turned to me. "Didn't I already tell you little Omega to watch it. You’re pushing on my last nerve. You shouldn't even be here, you worthless piece of...” "Michelle!" Connor just interrupted her mid-sentence.
Oh shit...

She scowled and turns her head to him and barked, "Don't challenge your Luna Connor, because you will lose." He then bowed his head in submission, along with an added bow as his belly touched the ground. She smiled, "Good choice." Now looking back at me she took a few steps closer, growling. I then rolled over on my back giving her my stomach and elongating my neck so she knows that I am fully submitting to her. But I guess she didn't care, because she set her large paw on my belly and clawed as she pushed down slowly puncturing my flesh. I whimpered in pain as my coat and skin turned a bloody red. I closed my eyes because I didn't want to see my body get torn open.

Then there was a release of pressure. Shooting my eyes open I saw a blue blur fly out of a bush taking down our Luna. I blinked hard just so I could gain my vision back. On the ground was our Luna non-moving passed out from hitting a tree head first that this strange wolf threw her into. That usually doesn't happen with shifters, especially a Luna, they should just get right back up again, but she didn't. I was terrified looking at this strange wolf in front of me, but for some reason I had this adrenaline rush. I liked it. I liked the scared feeling. 'I think I'm going to die.'

Even though I couldn't really tell considering that I had hit my head on an exposed tree root as I rolled over for Michelle. This wolf was one I have never seen before, even his coat. I guess we didn't have to go searching for the rogue wolf after all. He came to us.

Just a few feet from where our Luna lay was a blue coated wolf, he was black based color, but his top coat was a rare blue tint. I figured it was the way the sunrise light was hitting him, but as he moved into the shadows closer to me it was really a bluish black tinted fur... I now realized he was growling about to pounce on me. He was close enough I could tell that his eyes wouldn't leave mine. They're a beautiful mixture of forest green and the palest lightning blue. Almost hypnotizing the way the colors swirled together.

Stepping closer I began to scramble to get up, so I wouldn't get injured more than I already am from Trevor and Michelle. I fell right back down now noticing that Connor was standing over me with a protective stance growling at this stranger. Realizing a bit too late that he needed to call Trevor, as the blue wolf and Connor rammed each other mid-air. Snapping and snarling in ways that I've never witnessed. Forgetting about the call to Trevor; I lay there staring at the men fight. It felt like forever had passed when the two wolves were getting tired, but I noticed that Connor was losing. I remembered then that it was up to me to call to Trevor. I have never done this before and my lungs are aching made it hard to gain the proper air the howl a distress call. But I will try with my all. Standing up, I planted my back legs stiffly so I wouldn't fall. Stepping my front paws apart for a steady balance, breathing in with everything I had. I then craned my neck, raised my head up high pointing my muzzle to the sky, and let lose a howl. I released the deep throat breath. Man it hurt like hell.

Not even a second later I heard Trevor and the rest of the pack howl back to let me know they were on their way to the cliff. In my head I heard a familiar female voice, "Great howl little Missy. You did well." It was Kendall. I smiled and thanked her.

Going back to look at the fight right before me. Connor and the wolf were dangerously close to the Cliffs now. The pack wouldn't reach here in time to help Connor. I had to do something. I decided to sneak around weave through the nearby bushes and watch the guys every move. I guess being small has its upsides. I'm very silent. Now sitting in a bush the men were now tumbling towards I waited a few second. They stopped right in front of me now circling each other. That is when I leaped and landed right in front of the stranger’s front paws with a "Humph". Connor stopped growling and now looked pale and worried. The blue wolf looked down and realized I was sitting there.
"Stop fighting!" I screamed out. Connor just looked at me like I was stupid.
"Avory!" called Trevor's voice.

The new strange wolf ran after hearing his voice and the padding of wolf feet close by. He stopped at the forest tree line and looks back straight at me... Then he ran away through the bushes.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have been back at school for awhile and it was just to stressful to get back to my story. I'm sorry for the wait.
Please subscribe, comment, etc. as you please. Let me know what you, my readers, think.

~TearsFallFreely XD