From the Sidelines

The Beginning

They always say that there is two sides to every story, but I believe that there is always a third side to every story. The person who was watching from the sideline; the person who isn’t bias. I am that person and I am going to tell you the third side of the story; the true side of the story.

It all began the weekend before school started. My friend Kelsey and I decided to go to some jocks ‘end of the summer’ party. I am not popularity status, but Kelsey definitely is, so people are kind of forced to deal with me. No one quite understands why Kelsey likes me, but it’s mainly because we grew up together and she knows me better than anyone.

Anyways we were sitting outside watching drunk people fall into the pool. I really only come to these parties to watch people make fools of themselves. All the sudden Lindsay comes walking our way. Lindsay Fare is the head cheerleader’s best friend. The head cheerleader and most popular girl is Beth Greene. Beth has been dating Kyle Lourdes who of course is quarterback of the football team.

Lindsay was a little drunk and it looked like she has been crying. My friend Kelsey is like the class therapist because she knows how to fix any solution, but this time it was a little more difficult. “I slept with Kyle and Beth knows someone slept with him. I think she thinks it’s me. I am so screwed. I can’t lose my best friend. What do I do?” She began to cry.

Kelsey was stumped for the first time ever. She looked at me for help and I shrugged my shoulders because to be honest I didn’t care at all. Maybe she should have not slept with her best friend’s boyfriend and they would have never been in this situation. It’s her own stupidity that got her here, so why should someone help her.

“I will tell her that it was me. Just make sure you tell Kyle about this.” I spit out whatever cheap beer I was drinking and gave Kelsey a look.

“Omg thank you so much. You are the nicest person ever. I will go tell him now.” She skipped away.

“Are you crazy people are going to think that you are a slut.” I stated.

Kelsey is definitely not a slut. In fact she is still a virgin. What the hell was she thinking? She already had a reputation at school, but you can go from popularity to freak within days. High school can be unpredictable like that.

“So I go the next two years with people thinking I am a slut. I think I will survive.” Kelsey assured me.

I then noticed a very angry Beth walking in our direction. She was wearing a tight black dress and her boobs were practically hanging out of it. She had way too much makeup on. She basically looked like a prostitute.

“I thought Lindsay was the one who slept with Kyle, but I hear that it was actually you.” Beth said trying to hold back her anger.

“Guilty as charged.” Kelsey responded.

“You do know he is my boyfriend right?” She got closer to us as she asked the question and her breath reeked of alcohol.

“Of course she knows that you remind everybody every day. Did you know you do that because you don’t think you’re good enough for him?” I take any chance possible to be a bitch to her.

“Shut up Carson. Clearly I am not talking to you.” She said with attitude. “People are going to hate you and think you’re a slut.”

“Or they will think I am brave because I had the guts to sleep with the guy every girl has had the opportunity to sleep with, but didn’t because they care too much about their reputation.” I was shocked when Kelsey said that.

Kelsey is one of the nicest girls ever and that’s why she is popular, so hearing all this surprised me. I was also proud because she wasn’t very good with standing up for herself and she was doing a pretty good job.

“Wow you have some balls saying that to me.” Beth gave Kelsey a little push, but Kelsey shrugged it off.

Kelsey knew that Beth was looking for a fight, so she was smart enough to avoid it. Beth is one of those girls who love to fight, so this kind of stuff usually happens all the time with her. I got in a fight with her, but I started it just because I was really pissed off one day and I needed to punch someone. Since I hate Beth why not punch her? I got two months of detention, but it was totally worth it.

“I don’t have balls, but your boyfriend had a nice pair of some.” I have never been so proud of Kelsey before.

“Be careful Kelsey because Carson is starting to rub off on you and that’s the very last thing you need.” I think that was supposed to be a threat of some sort.

“I still feel like this was a bad idea, but that was entertaining, so I think I am going to let it slide.” I said with a smile on my face.

“I mainly did it because I didn’t want Lindsay losing her best friend. I know I would die if I ever lost you.” I was touched by those words.

This was the night everything began. The decision that Kelsey had made was the beginning of a chain reaction that lead to no good. I couldn’t see it coming and neither could anyone else.
♠ ♠ ♠
New Story and I hope you like it
Please don't be afraid to speak your mind and tell what you think