River Heights

I Get Attacked By A Chord

"So if you need anything, this is my room," she point to a room with black zigzags and blue under the line. In a way it matched it her hair. A neon blue mohawk with black tips. She was nice though despite how she looked. "Everyone shares a room with another person or two depending on how many friends you make here. But I'll give you your own room for now."
"So are you and Robin like the welcoming commity?" I ask looking at each pattern on the doors we passed. Some had flames, waves, and clouds. Most were plain and had no pattern but just two or three numbers at the top.
"So are you guys like the welcoming commity?" I ask. "You and Robin?"
Reno looks back at me and smiles slightly. "Well someone has to. If someone doesn't do it then the new kids will never survive this school. hey, this is your room." Shepoint to a room with the numbers 237 at the top. She opens the door and clicks on the light. "Well, I'll see you at dinner. I'm sure Robin told you which building the Mess Hall is."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I open up the door leading to the courtyard. A guy with messy reddish brown hair and a few freckles jumps from god knows where yelling. I scream and fall backwards onto the closing door. "Oh my god! I'm so sorry! I thought you were someone else." He holds out a hand and helps me up.
"Who ever you thought I was they better be happy I took the scare for them," I say with a nervous laugh.
"You must be new," the boy says. "I'm Chord. I can see people's memories by listening to their favorite music. It's part of the reason I know everyone's secrets here. And like I said, you weren't the one I was trying to scare. I was trying to scare a girl named Song."
"I got it," I say and smile. "I'm Nicole by the way. I can shapeshift."
"Then you should go talk with Charity," he points to a girl with short curly blonde hair and high heels talking with a pretty girl who has dark brown hair, almost red I guess, that's just below her shoulders, and bright green eyes. The girls' expression wass a scowl as if what Charity was saying to the girl was absolutely horrid. "That girl she's talking to is Juno. She's like super popular, but to this day I can't figure out why because she's way more normal than any of us."
"Normal's bad?" I ask confused.
"Well yeah," Chord scoffs. "We have supernatural powers. If you're normal you shouldn't be here. That's kind of why we dye our hair, write on ourselves, etc. We like to stand out because these powers make us abnormal. It's a pride thing."
I nod and move as the door behind me opens up. A skinny girl with choppy red hair and darker red highlights walks out. She takes a look at me and then brightly smiles at Chord. "Hey Chord. Who's this?"
"This is Ni-"
"Don't care," she interrupts. "Want to see a movie." They walk away and I'm left standing there while everyone does their super power thing.