The World Will Never Look at You the Same Way

Easy Like Sunday Morning

It was a beautiful morning. The soft curtains of the cafe helped to cut through the sun shine as it peeked through the window. Amy was perched in her favorite chair, legs tucked under her, drinking an iced chai tea with milk and reading a book. Her soft brown hair fell delicately over her shoulder, and her green eyes were fixed in a steady gaze at the pages of her book.

The ding of the bell signaled another occupant had entered the cafe. Patrick approached the barista and gave his order. He glanced around the cafe while he waited. That's when he saw her: a cute girl nose deep in a book. 'She looks so familiar,' he thought to himself. A smile played on his lips as he watched her. She was so intense. She bit her lip and, completely unaware of her surroundings, she laughed. It wasn't just a laugh though. It was a snort. She quickly picked up her head, pink in the face, and looked around.

He picked up his coffee and walked over to her.

"Must be a funny book," he said, chuckling.

"Oh God, you heard that? I'm so embarrassed!" She was still blushing slightly.

That was when he realized where he knew her from. "hey, I recognize you from your movie."

"What a coincidence, I recognize you from your music... Wait, you saw my film?" She asked. Though it had gotten pretty big in some local film festivals, it had only just made its way into Sundance.

"I saw it with a few friends of mine when it was in the Chicago Film Festival." He responded.

"I see. I didn't know hot shot rock stars like yourself still checked out the local scene," she teased.

He laughed. She liked the sound of it. "You're never to big for your roots. You're kind of a big deal at the local festivals."

"Well, what did you think? Did the hype live up to the real deal?" Curiosity was her weakness.

"I thought it was incredible. Really." He smiled to show his sincerity. It was a really great smile, she thought to herself. "You've got a lot of talent."

Amy gestured for him to take a seat, and he did. They sat in in silence for a bit, neither one knowing what to say, but neither one wanting to leave. She cleared her throat. "I guess we haven't really introduced ourselves. I'm Amy." She held out her hand and he shook it. "I'm Patrick. It's nice to meet you." She smiled and he couldn't help but stare.

They made small talk. She told him about the book she was reading. They talked about movies that they'd seen recently. He was getting ready to ask her if she had any new projects lined up, when he was interrupted by a strange noise.

Her phone chimed. She had a text. She glanced at it quickly. "I'm sorry. I have to get going. It was really great talking to you though." She said as she got up to leave.

"Wait!" Do you think we could meet up again sometime? Maybe I could give you my phone number or something?" He asked.

"Tell you what. I will be here tomorrow. Same time. If you'd still like to talk, then we'll meet here. If you change your mind, no harm no foul." She smiled and he agreed to the arrangement.

She gathered her things and left the cafe with a small wave. He smiled and waved back. 'I'll see you tomorrow. There's no way I'd miss it,' he thought to himself as he watched her make her way down the street.
♠ ♠ ♠
**This is my first fanfiction ever. Hopefully it's not terrible. Let me know what you think. :)