Nicest Kids in Town

Chapter 36

"I can't believe we're playing laser tag!" Jordan laughed when the car drove up to the arcade, the sign for laser tag was neon and flashing. "I haven't done this in so long!"

"I figured that we both needed a night to just be children and have fun. You watch Christine so much, I understand why and you're a great friend and a great person to do it, but you need a break sometimes too," Zac laced fingers with Jordan and led her into the arcade, handing her the laser gun and the vest.

"I can't believe you thought of this!" she exclaimed as the door to the laser room opened. "This is going to be one of the best nights of my life!"

---------------------------------

"Cora, what did I tell you about the bathroom mirror?" Noah sighed as he walked out of the bathroom. His teenage daughter was sitting in the room watching television. "Care to explain to me why there are headless gummy bears stuck on the bathroom mirror?"

"I was bored," she shrugged. "There's nothing to do here!"

"We're not here to do things, we're here to pay respect to a former colleague of mine," Noah explained, loosening his tie and untying his shoelaces.

"Well maybe tomorrow you'll let me hang out with Jordan and Christine," Cora scowled, walking towards her bed. "But since you won't let me do anything else, will you let me sleep?" Noah nodded a smile on his face as his daughter climbed into bed and curled into sleep.

-----------------------------------

"We've been over this, I hate surprises. I specifically remember telling you that while you were dragging me down the streets in Frederick," Kimmy retold Elijah while his hands were firmly over her eyes. She was trying her best to stay mad at him, she was failing miserably.

"Just be quiet, we're there," he told her as he helped her up three steps. "Welcome to London," he told her. She opened her eyes and saw the beautiful sunset on the streets of London. Looking down she realized where she was standing.

--------------------------------

"Just one more step," Oliver told Christine. Her eyes were still firmly shut, completely unaware of her surroundings. "Open your eyes,"

"What is this?" she asked, looking at a small house in the middle of nowhere.

"This is where I grew up," he told her, opening the front door and leading her into the room. Looking around she found pictures of the three of them on all the walls.

"Alright, this isn't what I expected in your family," she admitted, looking over all the delicate antiques that were set out on the tables. "I would have expected your father to build some massive house in the middle of London,"

"Nope, this is home," he replied, attempting to stifle a yawn.

"You can show me the rest later," she told him. "We can sleep now," he nodded and walked her up a flight of stairs.

"The guest room is right there, I'm just across the hall," he told her. She frowned at him and walked into his room. "This works too," he muttered, following her into the room. The walls were painted an ivory color with blood red lining in the corners. He handed her a baggy shirt and pointed towards the bathroom where she could change. She returned a moment later, the black dress replaced with a baggy tee-shirt. "You don't know how much I appreciate what you've done for me over the past few days,"

"What? Lying to you about your father's death?" she muttered. The lie was still fresh in her mind.

"I thought we were over that." She shrugged. "Alright, listen to me. I was angry, and I apologize for the horrible things that I said to you. I couldn't live without you and what happened that afternoon didn't matter," he told her, his hands firmly holding her face to look at him. "I love you."

"I love you too," she responded. That part was obvious, they had connected when they first met on the set in Toronto, hearing the words was a new level. Christine had watched Kimmy and Jordan fall in love and now it was really happening.

---------------------------------------

"That's so not part of the game!" she screeched, they had finished their first game and were now about to start their second.

"We can make it part of the game, or we can stop playing," he threatened. Jordan pouted at him before tugging on the vest and picking up the gun.

"Fine, every time you're hit, you have to kiss me," he told her. She rolled her eyes and walked into the darkness. The echoing racket of the alarm sounded a minute later, her vest was flashing red and white.

"Damnit," she muttered.

"You're saying that like you don't like kissing me," he taunted from behind her. She smirked and leaned forward and pecked him on the cheek. "You've got to be kidding me," he mumbled, pulling her into a longer, more romantic kiss. More romantic until they backed into a wall and Jordan's hair was smashed into used gum.

"Who does that?" she screamed as she realized that she could very well be a permanent fixture to the arcade. Zac laughed as he walked out of the room to find an attendant to help them. "Don't leave me here you asshole!" she hollered after him.

"Calm down, I went to get help," he laughed when he walked in with a teenage girl who looked ready to wet herself. "Thanks for your help, we'll be alright here," he told her when she wouldn't leave. Jordan scowled at the girls' retreating back.

"I've had enough of this game," she told him, grabbing his hand and walking out of the room and towards the snack bar. She grabbed a soda and pulled him towards a table. "What made you choose this? We can do this in America,"

"You needed a night to just have fun," he answered simply. "My turn, why twenty?" she looked at him with a confused look, he smiled and elaborated. "When you agreed to marry me, you said we had to wait until you were twenty,"

"Oh," she gasped. "Well, I was scared. I wasn't expecting you to do that and I needed to say something,"

"Well, I have something to tell you," he smirked. "Yes, would have been a lot easier. It has fewer syllables." Jordan rolled her eyes, a smile on her face.

"We don't have to wait that long, but I do want to wait a while. We're not rushing anything," she told him. He nodded and stood up. "Are we leaving?"

"We have one more place to go," he told her, leading her to the doors and out to the car that was waiting for them. "How was your night?" he asked the people in the car. Kimmy was in the passenger seat and Elijah was driving, of course, the cars were backwards so it was strange for them to look at the couple in the front seat.

"We went on a tour! I saw London from a double-decker bus," Kimmy exclaimed as Elijah laughed from the driver's seat.

"Do you know where we're going?"

-----------------------------------------

"Come on, we have to go back downstairs." Oliver and Christine had been talking about all sorts of things since they arrived at his childhood home. "I'm expecting more guests," he told her to soothe her confused look.

"Christine!" Jordan called from downstairs. "Are you alive?!" Christine laughed and pulled on a pair of gym shorts that Oliver handed her. "Thank God!"

"Jordan calm down," Christine laughed as they all pooled into the living room. "We're fine," she smiled. "Do you realize that the premiere is in two weeks. And after that we'll all be separated?" Christine posed.

"That'll never happen,"

"We'll, I'll be in New York," Elijah said. "I got a letter from the director of RENT! and they want me to come to New York and audition,"

"That's so great!"

"Why didn't you tell me?!"

"Guys, I'm going too," Zac said. "They loved the trailer of Hairspray, they offered me the part on Broadway." Their positions hadn't changed at all. The indignation on Jordan's face said it all.

"You didn't tell me either? Who else has something they didn't tell me," she asked eyeing the other three in the room. "Nobody?"

"Not quite,"

"You too?" Christine nodded. "Where are you going?"

"Chicago , as Velma Kelley," Jordan's jaw fell to the floor. "I'm sorry, I just found out the other day," she shrugged. "It didn't seem appropriate for me to just blurt it out." Jordan couldn't believe it. Three of the people she cares about would be on Broadway.

"What are the rest of us going to do?"

"Sit back and let the three of us bring in the money for a while," Zac offered, looking between Christine and Elijah. "Besides, we can get a penthouse in the city and I'm sure you'll find things to do in New York," he muttered.

"Why are you releasing Jordan and Kimmy into a city with your money?" Christine asked, looking between Elijah and Zac. Jordan and Kimmy threw two of the pillows at her. "What? You'd spend it in like twenty minutes,"

"Well, what would you suggest we do?"

"Might I suggest, getting a job?" Christine smirked.