Nicest Kids in Town

Chapter 5

After dinner John, Christine, and Elijah retired to their trailers. But Zac just had to talk to Jordan for a little while longer. Jordan sighed and nodded, agreeing to take a walk with him. They walked around the streets of Vancouver where they were shooting the film. "So what did you want to talk about, Zac?" Zac smiled and laughed nervously. Jordan rolled her eyes. Most girls would have fallen for him right there; Jordan wasn't that easy.

"I just wanted to have a chance to talk to you alone. Is that a problem?" Jordan shook her head no. "I know you think I'm probably really annoying" Jordan laughed and nodded her head.

"Is it really that obvious?" Zac laughed and faked a hurt look. Jordan just scoffed and pushed his shoulder playfully.

"Anyway! I wanted to confirm our little date thing for maybe Friday?" Jordan sighed and sat down on a random huge rock by the lake they were walking around. "What's wrong?"

"It's just that, When you asked me outYou didn't give me a chance to answer." Zac opened his mouth to counter, but Jordan held her hand up. "I know that you had to rush off with Noah to do you scene. I don't blame you for that. I was just really surprised that you would ask me out like that." Zac smiled and put his arm around her shoulder. Jordan shrugged it off, bringing her knees up to her chest.

"Why wouldn't I ask you out? I mean, you're awesome Jordan! You're crazy, insanenutty" He rambled.

"Oh wow, Now I can totally see why you would ask out the lunatic." She said, offended completely.

"No! That's not what I meant!" Jordan stood up and looked down at him.

"What did you mean? That I was insane in a good way? Like, 'oh Jordan's so insane, she wouldn't dare rip someone a new one!' Well guess what Zac, I'm not like that. I'm not afraid to go crazy on someone and especially on someone that I can't stand!" She screamed. Zac stared at her, not believing that all this was coming out of her mouth. "I now understand why people say you shouldn't date your co-workers. It just gets out of hand and you'll end up hating them in the end when something bad happens!" Jordan then sighed and pressed her hands to her face, hiding the oncoming tears pricking at her eyes. She then turned her back to him, starting to walk away.

"Jordan wait! Come back!" Jordan shook her head no and turned back towards him, walking backwards.

"I'm fine Zac, Really. I'll see you onset tomorrow or at the meeting. I justI gotta go." With that, she turned and ran all the way back to her trailer. The thing about Jordan is that she didn't get the part of Tracy by being the skinniest girl in town. So running was not one of her forte's. She despised it more than she despised Zac. But it seemed like the only thing that her mind could think of doing. She was just about to run in front of John's trailer, sobbing her eyes out when she realized that she would have to stop before he heard her. John really was like a 'mother' figure to her. He would help her with any problem that she could ever have, she didn't want help with this one. She didn't need guy advice from her cross dressing 'father'. Jordan ran into her and Christine's trailer and right back to her bunk where she collapsed on the bed, sobbing quietly.

"Jordan?" Christine called from her bed. Jordan quickly wiped away the tears and buried her head in her pillow. "Jordan? What happened?" Jordan shook her head and sighed. She had to convince herself that she was fine. Zac was not worth crying overhe just wasn't.