Nicest Kids in Town

FINALE

"Kimmy if you don't come now then we're going to miss our flight," Elijah muttered as they stood at the security checkpoint of the Portland Airport.

"Hold on you! You can rush the prego lady, okay?!" Kimmy yelled at her husband.

"Hey! I'm pregnant too and I got here way before you." Jordan laughed, leaning against a wall.

"Oh my God, can we just go? Our flight is going to leave without us!" He explained slowly. Zac laughed from Jordan's side as he "man-hugged" Elijah and pulled his sister into a hug.

"You may be an idiot, but I'm going to miss you," Kimmy said, trying to hold in the tears

"Same here." He laughed. Jordan then came over and hugged Kimmy tightly. "Take care of my little neice or nephew. Elijah too." She laughed.

"Bye guys, stay in touch," Elijah muttered as Jordan glared at the same security guard that had been there when Oliver and Cayla left. They walked through the security checkpoint and out of sight.

"Wow, it's just the two of us now," Jordan said, turning to look at Zac, "It feels so... empty.."

"Yeah one that screams, vomits and poops all the time," Jordan smirked. "I can't wait," she smiled, looking down at her cell phone. "She should be in London by now."

"I really hope this thing goes smoothly. We've had so much drama in our lives, I don't think I can handle it anymore."

Zac nodded and helped Jordan into the car. They drove back to the hotel where it felt more empty than it had ever been.

"Hey, I have something to show you," Zac told her when they walked into the hotel room. "Now, you have to promise me that you're not going to freak out. But I talked to Catherine and she helped me arrange this," he told Jordan, sitting her down at the small table and handing her a manila folder.

Jordan looked at Zac, then slowly opened the smooth folder in her hands.

"Zac, What is this?" She asked hesitantly.

"You said you wanted to live in Portland. And the people were sick of dealing with movie schedules, so I sort of bought the house that you guys are using as the Cullen house. Please don't be mad." He told her, trying to judge her reaction*

Jordan was silent for a moment. But that did last long before Zac was engulfed in a tight embrace.

"Zac! This is incredible! I can't believe that you did this." She laughed, looking through the papers.

"I figured you needed something to do while I was in LA. Decorating a new house would be something to keep you busy. There are enough rooms for everyone, when they all come back." He told her as she kept looking at the clock. "Worried?"

"No! What ever gave you that idea?" she asked, still taking glances at the clock.

"Then why do you keep looking at the clock?" He asked smugly.

"She's my best friend, of course I'm worried," Jordan sighed. "I wish I could be there, just in case she needs me."

Zac took her into a hug and started to stroke her short hair. "I know, but she's half way around the world."

"Yeah, but I'm so worried for her and Oliver. They're so perfect and they don't even see it..."

"I think they do, now that they know what it's like to lose it." Zac reassured her. Halfway around the world more drama was unfolding in the flat where Cayla slept soundly under the eyes of her father and grandmother.

"Well isn't this lovely? Just how it should be. Quiet and Christine free." She laughed, sipping on her earl grey tea.

"I thought you'd know me better by now," Christine spat, walking into the flat as Sarah spit out the tea. "What, you didn't think I'd catch on?"

Christine's father stood up, guarding Sarah from his steamed daughter. "What are you doing here? We got rid of you!" Sarah screamed.

"That's what you thought. You see, Monika was really surprised to hear from me, seeing as she's still in Italy," Christine spat shoving past her father. "But before that I knew you two conniving assholes were behind this,"

Sarah laughed, walking over and sitting down next to Cayla who slept peacefully on the couch. "Oh really? Did you figure it out or was it that best friend of yours?"

"Jordan and I had a fight, if you must know," Christine said, picking the little girl up, getting her away from her psycho grandmother.

The movement caused the little girl to stir a little. "Mommy?" she question, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

Christine smiled and kissed her forehead. "I'm so sorry honey." She whispered.

"Aw, how sweet. Too bad it can't last," Sarah mocked, throwing her left hand in Christine's face, the engagement ring was proudly displayed. "We're getting married next month." This just caused Christine to just get a smug smile on her face.

"Oh really? I know the feeling." She smiled, showing the engagement ring that brightly shined on her left hand.

"I told you she'd figure it out," Oliver smirked, speaking for the first time. "I do believe that this is over now. You can get out of my house."

"This isn't over. Not until I say that it's over!" Sarah yelled.

So, this isn't over yet?" Christine taunted. "What are you going to do next? Pull a decapitated rabbit out of your witch's hat?"

"Ya know what? I'm getting really sick of you and your smartass mouth!" She yelled.

"Yeah well I got really sick of you like three months ago and I've still had to deal with you," Christine shot back as she put Cayla down on the floor behind her. "Would you like to make another point?"

Sarah smiled and pulled a gun from her jacket. "I'm so sick of dealing with you. It's finally time to just take you out." Christine's father put his hand on Sarah's shoulder.

"No, You're not gonna shoot her."

"Why not? You've never loved her, you said that yourself," Sarah shrugged. Oliver had ushered Cayla out of the room and up the stairs. Christine was staring at Sarah as if she didn't have a gun pointed in her face.

"You're not going to shoot her. This wasn't the plan Sarah." Her father stated sternly, trying to pull the gun away from her.

"There's a plan? Wow, I never knew you were so organized dad. I'm proud of you," Christine smirked. She knew she was either going to walk out of here dead or completely happy. Either way she wasn't leaving without making a final impression on them.

Her father and Sarah still fought over custody of the gun. "Fuck the plan! She's jumping on my last nerve now! It's time to take her out!" Sarah screamed.

"Just stick to the plan. It's fool proof, nothing can go wrong," he pleaded with her, still wrestling over the gun. "Sarah."

"No!" She screamed right before the gun went off loudly. Everything froze. No one said a word or breathed a breath, especially Christine's father. He fell back onto the floor, blood seeping through the front of his shirt. Sarah stared in shock and dropped the gun to the floor, not believing what she had just done. "What have I done?" she questioned, looking down at her hands in shame. Christine and Oliver were frozen in place, not believing what had happened. "No," Sarah backed away from him and the gun she had dropped on the floor, her body shaking and tears brimming her eyes. "No, I couldn't..." She tried to explain to her guilt subconscious.

"Daddy what was that loud noise?" Cayla asked, poking her head back into the room. Sarah looked between the three other people in the room and the gun on the floor. The look of hopelessness in her eyes.

The realization of what she had done was beginning to set in. All the consequences flooded into her mind, scaring the life out of her. Sarah shook her head wildly. "No! I didn't kill him! He's not dead!" She screamed, running over to his body and pounding on his chest; trying to get him to breath. "No!"

"We should call the police," Christine mumbled. Sarah looked up, her eyes bloodshot and her cheeks were tearstained. The blood was seeping into the carpet and onto Sarah's clothing.

"No. No one is calling the police. You understand?!" Sarah screamed, picking up the gun and pointing it at them once again.

"Don't do this, not with her in here," Oliver told his mother. "She doesn't need to see this," he continued as she pushed his daughter out of the room. "Mother what do you want?"

"I want you to take the blame for your fathers death!" She yelled to Christine. Christine shook her head.

"No way, I'm already a suspect in his murder. I don't need to go to jail for something I didn't do!"
"You do if you want to walk out of here alive," she spat standing up with the gun in her hand.

"Mother stop..." Oliver said, slowly walking towards his mother. Christine put her hand on his arm, holding him back.

"Don't go near her. She's not right."

"Are you calling me crazy?!" She spazed, causing Christine to jump as she refocused the gun.

Christine shook her head no. "No. You aren't crazy." Sarah scoffed, standing up and slwoly walking towards her. Christine backed up, pulling Oliver with her.

"You've always thought I was crazy. Admit it!"

"You haven't exactly done much to prove me wrong," Christine told her gently. "I mean you're holding a gun to my head, what am I supposed to think?"

"You won't be thinking much once I blow your brains out if you don't do what I told you!" She threatened.

"Don't, it'll ruin your life," Oliver told her.

"At least I'll have a life," she said back, not taking her eyes off of Sarah.

Frantic knocks pounded on the door suddenly. "Open up this door right now or we'll be forced to break it in!" A police officer yelled from the hallway. Sarah stared at the door with fear in her eyes.

"Who called the cops? I said no police!"

"We've been here the whole time," Christine said frantically. "You would have seen it if we had done it," she said, her voice slowing down as she figured out who had called the police. Her eyes darted to the door where the little six year old was listening to the conversation through the door.

Sarah followed Christine's gaze, seeing her grand daughter hiding in the doorway. "You!" She screamed, shooting the gun off towards her. The bullet hit the doorframe, causing Cayla to scream and run back into the room.

"What the hell is your problem?! She's only six!" Oliver bellowed watching his daughter run into the room and hide behind his legs.

The police then kicked in the door, flowing in and tackling Sarah to the ground. The gun flew out of her hand, right to Cayla's feet. She screamed, beginning to sob and hold onto her father's legs tighter.

The breathing was heavy in the room as the police struggled to get the handcuffs on her wrists. Tears were in everyone's eyes as they relived the events that had just happened. "There they are! Fox News from America, what's happening in there?" the reporter jabbed at the police officers who were running into the room.

Christine turned to Oliver, looking down at Cayla. "Take her into the other room, Now." She demanded. Oliver nodded his head and picked his daughter up, running into one of the bedrooms. The police were pushing the reporters out of the flat while they brought Sarah out. "I'll get you Christine! Don't think you're off the hook just yet!" She screamed to her.

"Just get her the hell out of here," she muttered towards the police captain. He nodded once and they escorted her out and rolled a stretcher out with the body on it. "Oh my God," she sighed as the police officers left and the reporters began knocking on the door. "Go away!" Christine screamed, putting her head in her hands. Oliver walked out of the room and sat down next to her, wrapping his arm around her shoulder.

"Hi," she sighed, catching her breath for the first time in about an hour.

"You came back..." He muttered, looking at her with sad eyes.

"Of course I came back," she said. "I can leave if this is awkward or something. I'll stay with Jordan and Zac."

"No, No that's not what I meant. I'm just surprised that you actually came here after all I told you." He admitted.

"I'm surprised that you didn't kick me out after what I did with Cayla," she told him. "Look, I didn't mean anything that I said, I just..."

He nodded. "Yeah, I know. I guess you found out by now that Monika isn't back."

"Yeah. Jordan was the one that convinced me something was wrong," she confessed. "I could barely see straight. Jordan and I got in a fight, actually." They were sitting against the door that the reporters were still knocking on.

"You two got in a fight? Is that even humanly possible?" He laughed.

"I would say yes. We were both pretty mad and she went to the bar and we got even worse and I threw the glass at her," she scoffed, biting her bottom lip. "She didn't get hurt, it missed."

Oliver looked down at her hand that was still bandaged up. "She didn't...But you did I see." Christine sighed, folding her arms so he couldn't see the bandage anymore.

"When I was picking up the shattered glass. She didn't stab me or anything," she told him before they fell into silence, the reporters had disappeared or were remaining silent on the other side of the door.

"Yeah, I figured she wouldn't stab you." He laughed. Christine nodded, leaning her head back against the door and closing her eyes. Oliver looked down at her hand and smiled. "So does this mean you're gonna marry me?"

"Of course."

"You actually want to marry me after everything that's happened? You really want to spend the rest of your life with me?" He questioned as if she had lost her mind.

"Why wouldn't I?" She questioned, opening her eyes again. "Why else would I go through all the things that have happened? You are the most important thing in my life. When she held that gun up all I could think about was what I would do to make sure you lived."

He laughed, shaking his head. "Well all I was thinking about was what I would do to keep you alive."

"Then I think we're a good match," she smiled. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you too." He smiled, brushing the hair from her eyes. He slowly leaned in, just about to kiss her like he'd been dying to for the past few months.

"Daddy? Is it safe to come out now?" Cayla asked from the doorway.

Oliver nodded and she ran into his lap. "You came back to us?" she questioned when she looked up at Christine.

Christine nodded. "Of course I did. Did you really think I wouldn't?"

"I knew you'd come back!" she giggled, hugging Christine tightly. "Can we be a family now?"

"I knew you'd come back!" she giggled, hugging Christine tightly. "Can we be a family now?"

Oliver smiled, looking to Christine with love burning in his eyes. "Of course we can love."

"Can I call Jordan first?" Christine asked when Cayla bounded off to play. "She's probably dying to hear what happened,"

Oliver nodded. He then leaned in and kissed her lovingly. The kiss left her breathless and confirmed in her mind that she had done the right thing. Oliver pulled away and laughed lightly. "I've been waiting to do that for so long." Christine smiled and nodded.

"I've missed that."

"Go call your best friend. You can tell me about your fight with her later," he told her, pulling her up off of the floor.

"Alright, it's not a great story...but ok." She laughed as she pulled her cell phone out of her pocket. She dialed Jordan's number, having her instantly pick up.

"It's about damn time you called me!"

"Sorry, I couldn't tell Sarah "hey I need to call my best friend," when she had a gun to my head," Christine scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"She held a gun to your head?! I'll kill her!" Jordan screamed, obviously pissed off.

"Yeah, that was after she shot my father and before she shot at Cayla." Christine said simply. "And don't waste your money coming over here; she's in prison awaiting trial."

"Figures that the second you go over there, everything goes to hell. Is Cayla alright? Is your dad ok?"

"Cayla's fine, just a little rattled. As for my father, he's in the morgue," Christine sighed.

"Wow..." Jordan sighed. "I don't know whether to be happy that he's dead or feel sorry for you losing your dad."

"I'm not sure either," she sighed. "Anyway, did you tell Zac the good news?" Christine asked. Oliver looked at her a little strangely and she held up one finger telling him to wait.

"Yeah and guess what?!" Jordan exclaimed, happiness ringing through her voice.

"What?"

"Figures that the second you go over there, everything goes to hell. Is Cayla alright? Is your dad ok?"

"Cayla's fine, just a little rattled. As for my father, he's in the morgue," Christine sighed.

"Wow..." Jordan sighed. "I don't know whether to be happy that he's dead or feel sorry for you losing your dad."

"I'm not sure either," she sighed. "Anyway, did you tell Zac the good news?" Christine asked. Oliver looked at her a little strangely and she held up one finger telling him to wait.

"Yeah and guess what?!" Jordan exclaimed, happiness ringing through her voice.

"What?"

"I'm going to live in the Cullen house!" She cheered, following with an appropriate giggle.

"You're...what?" she asked in complete disbelief. "How is that possible?"

"Zac bought the house from its owners. They said that they hated having to deal with a movie schedule, so they sold him the house."

"That's amazing! Congratulations," she said.

"Thanks. So how are you and Oliver?" She asked, slight apprehension lining her tone.

"Getting married," she responded simply.

"You Are?!" She screamed.

"Yeah," she smiled.

"Oh my god, that is so amazing! It's about time you joined our little marriage group!" She laughed.

"Trust me; it's not going to happen anytime in the near future. I thought you'd kill me if you weren't involved," Christine smiled. "And I rather like living."

"You're right about that one." Jordan agreed. "Well then what are you doing on the phone with me? Go hang with your man!"

"Because you were about to book a plane ticket to London," Christine replied smartly. "I'll talk to you later, tell Zac hello," she said, clicking the phone off before Jordan could respond.

"So, You going to fill me in on Jordan's big news?" Oliver asked, walking over and taking her in his arms.

"She's pregnant," Christine told him walking into the room where the last hour had been spent. "It's going to be strange using this room," she muttered

"Would you like to use a different room?" He asked, keeping his arm around her waist.

"Lovely," she laughed, turning around and looking up at him. "This is what I missed the most," she whispered.

"I missed it too." He whispered back, pulling her in and kissing her again. "I missed you more though.

"That's not possible."

He nodded. "It's true. You have no idea how much I would sit in here every night and just wish that you could be here with me."

"Doesn't matter anymore. I'm not going anywhere," she told him, pulling a folded piece of paper out of her pocket. "I'm now a citizen in the United States and the United Kingdom," she said, handing him the paper.

He smiled, kissing the top of her head. "How did you get this? This kind of stuff takes forever." He questioned.

"The customs inspectors were fans," she shrugged. "It was simple, that and a few threats go a long way."

"You threatened that customs inspectors? Real nice love." He laughed.

"I've sort of become a different person in the last couple of months," she muttered. "I threw a glass at Jordan's head for God's sake."

"Well hopefully we can get you back to the way that you were. It doesn't matter though..." He smiled, holding her tighter in his arms. "...I'll love you exactly the way you are forever."

Jordan laughed as she looked at the phone. "Oh. My. God." Zac walked over to her with a questioning gaze. "What's going on?" Jordan looked up to him and smiled. "She's engaged for real!"

"It's about damn time that happened," he muttered sitting down with her. "So, did everything go alright. You were practically ready to book a flight to London," he smiled, looking at the screen on the laptop.

"Everything is fine. Oliver, Cayla, and Christine are becoming a family. Sarah is in jail and Her father is dead. Seems like everything is under control." She smiled.

"Wait, what?" He asked. "How is that fine? Her father's dead and Oliver's crazy mother is in jail. What happened?"

"Sarah had a gun and shot her father accidentally." She said, as if it wasn't some big deal at all.

"And everyone's okay?" he asked, a little panic in his voice. "Nobody's bleeding?"

"Everyone's fine. I mean, She shot at Cayla, that I'm pissed about. Other than that though...It's all good."

"She's insane." He muttered. "How are you holding up?"

"I'm alright. Surprisingly happy." She smiled, leaning against him.

"That's great, and I'm glad to hear that," he told her. "But I'm leaving for LA in three days," he told her gently. "I'll be back in six weeks."

"You're leaving me?" Jordan asked, sitting up and looking at him with sad eyes.

"For six weeks, that's all. Then I'll be back, I promise," he told her. "You knew this was going to happen eventually, right. I mean at least you'll still have a bit of filming to distract you."

Jordan nodded, looking down to her stomach. "Yeah, But then you'll have to leave again for more filming and publicity." She sighed. "What if the paparazzi come looking for me up here? They know that I'm here and they know we're together. If they see me with a bump, they'll figure it out..."

"Were you planning on hiding the fact that your pregnant for nine months?" He asked. "People are going to figure it out eventually. Why are you worried about that?" he asked her softly.

"People already hate me for being with you. If they find out that I'm married and pregnant with you...All hell will break loose." She admitted. "

"Would it help if I took this off?" He asked holding up his left hand where the wedding band sat. "It's your decision, but if you don't care, I'd rather keep it on."

She smiled. "Of course you can keep it on. I don't want you to think that I'm not happy because of all this. I am really. I just hate being in the public eye, You know that."

"Yeah, but you're famous. I'm famous and your best friend is famous. We're all practically screwed," he told her, scoffing slightly. "It won't be that bad, it'll only make it worse if you try to hide it,"

Jordan nodded. "You're right. Plus it won't help once the movie comes out. Then I'll have to go do appearances and it'll have to come with me." She laughed, putting a hand on her non-existant stomach.

"Popularity tends to increase when the public is reminded that you're human. Being pregnant definately qualifies as normal. Speaking of appearances, are Christine and Oliver coming back for the premiere?"

"I don't know. They should. At least her, she is the star of the damn movie."

Jordan, I got citizenship to the U. K. We're not going to come back for the premiere. Tell Catherine. Jordan's Instant Message dinged from the computer as Christine's sign name signed off.

Jordan laughed, shaking her head. "Guess that answers that question." Zac nodded. "Well, I better e-mail Catherine." She said as she opened up her e-mail and began typing up the news.

"What do you mean she's not coming back? She's the goddamned star of the movie!" Catherine yelled when she showed up at the hotel room fifteen minutes later. Jordan was laughing from the couch. "What's so funny?"

"I just didn't expect such a reaction from you!" She laughed.

"It's not funny. People are going to want to see her, and she's not going to be there!"

"Hey, It's not my decision. She has UK citizenship and wants to stay there with Oliver and Cayla. She's starting her new life, Just like I'm starting mine." She smiled, looking over to Zac.

"What does that mean? Are you two leaving to live in Australia or something?" Catherine muttered, sitting in one of the living room chairs in the hotel room.

"No! Me and kangaroos don't get along well." Zac muttered. Jordan laughed and rested against Zac. "We're moving into the Cullen house. That's where we're gonna start our new family."

"New family...you are aware that we do not provide a daycare center," Catherine said firmly. Jordan's eyes widened at the director. "I'm kidding, congratulations."

"Thanks. Don't scare me like that. I'm under enough stress as it is." She laughed lightly.

"So, you're the new owners of the Cullen house. That certainly makes my life a hell of a lot easier. I should be thanking you," Catherine said. "But I'm going to tell you, once the movies are filming all your decorating has to change. So you have two options. Keep living in the Cullen house for your life, or let the set designers ransack your home every two years."

Jordan looked at Zac, searching his eyes for help with the decision. He smiled and shurgged his shoulders. Jordan groaned and looked over to Catherine. "He's no help at all." She laughed.
"I'd like to keep it all the same for the main filming part of the house. The other parts where nothing will get filmed will be re-decorated."

"Sounds good to me. And I know, men can't make decisions, I lived with one for ten years," she laughed. "If you need anything, let me know. I'd be happy to help."

"Thank you Catherine. You really just made my job a hell of a lot easier. Moving into a fully furnished house! Awesome!" She laughed, going over and hugging her.

"Glad I could help, I have to go. I expect you on set tomorrow, around ten." Catherine said, standing up and walking towards the door.

"See you at 10:30!" Jordan called after her.

"Ten o' clock," Catherine corrected.

Jordan nodded. "Ha, Yeah. Come on Catherine, Lets get real here...10:30." She smiled.

"Fine."

"Love you!" She giggled.

"You're too much," Zac muttered as he closed the door after Catherine walked out of the hotel room. "You going to be okay for a year without your best friend here?"

Jordan sighed and sat back down on the couch. "I hope so." She said, looking up to him with tears brimming her eyes. "I've never been away from her for this long..."
\"Aw, honey. Please don't cry. I'm sure that she's feeling the same way," Zac muttered, rubbing her back soothingly. "At least she left you something," Zac smirked.

"What do you mean?"

"She told me to give this to you," Zac muttered, handing her a small gift bag. "She also told me to tell you that she didn't spend a fortune."

Jordan laughed, knowing that it was something that Christine would do. She opened the bag, pulling out what was inside.

"She bought you a string of pearls," Zac mused. "She must have a different perception of what a fortune is," he murmured. The price tag was still on the strand, it cost only about sixty dollars, a note was attached. 'Consider it an early present for being my maid of honor.'

"Awww, These are beautiful." She laughed, replying to the card.

"Who are you talking too?" Zac asked, slightly amused.

"Her." She smiled dreamily.

"You're strange," Zac muttered. "But you're right. They are beautiful."

Jordan snapped out of her little memory trance and hit his arm. "I'm strange but you love me!"

"I'm going to run to the store, do you want anything?" Zac asked Jordan, standing up and grabbing the car keys.

"Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream." She smiled innocently.

"Alright. I have my cell, I'll be back shortly, call if you need anything," he told her, kissing the top of her head before walking out of the door, leaving her behind the screen of a laptop.

Jordan smiled and brought up her buddy list, seeing that Christine was online. I <3 you! She IM'd.

"You got the necklace?"

"Of course I got it. Zac gave it to me a minute ago. Thanks for not spending a lot of money. Way to leave the price tag on..."

"You wouldn't have believed me if I didn't leave it on. How do you like it?

"I love it. It's so beautiful. How did you know that I love pearls?"

"I've known you forever. How would I not know? So, what are you up to? Oliver and Cayla say hello."

"Hi guys!!! I'm just sitting here. Zac went to get me Ice Cream. ^_^"

" You really are pregnant aren't you?"

"Yup. In all my soon to be huge glory."

"I'm so never having kids...lol"

"You don't need to, You already have one!"

"That's true."

"I so can't wait to see how your mothering skills are gonna be. It's gonna be so cute. Lol."

"Very funny. You're going to be dealing with newborns. Cayla's potty trained. ;-)"

"Meh! I'd rather deal with newborns than hormonal teenagers as soon as you will. lol."

"My daughter will never be hormonal, thank you. It's Oliver. Christine and Cayla went to make waffles for breakfast."

"Oh she will too. No matter how much you deny it, she will. Especially with you as a dad."

"Thanks a lot. You've got Christine laughing at me. What's that supposed to mean?"

"Oh nothing. Just girly things. So you happy that your lover girl has returned to you?"

"I hear I owe you a thank you, and maybe a bandaid. So, she threw a glass at your head?"

"Yeah! She's got one hell of an arm on her, even if she missed."

"Seriously, thanks for standing up for me, I owe you."

"Yes, You do. Especially for what's about to come to your door."

"What are you talking about?"

The doorbell to their flat rang just then. "I'll get it!" Cayla yelled, running towards the door. She opened the door and accepted the delivery. "Christine, Someone sent you roses..." She said, carrying in the huge bouquet of roses to her.

"What the...?" Christine asked, looking at the card. She smiled and opened the box of flowers. The roses had been dried so they looked like they had died. "Move," she told Oliver as she took the laptop. Oliver moved to the side, laughing lightly.

"They're beautiful thanks. I have to go, we're making waffles. I'll call you sometime next week. <3!"

"You're very welcome. Have fun with the waffles, just make sure they don't end up all over the kitchen like last time."

"She sent you flowers?" Oliver asked, looking at the bouquet. "Dead flowers? How nice of her?"

"Oh hush Oliver. They're dried, not dead." She laughed, placing the roses on the tabled.

The reporters were still outside, the previous day was still fresh in their minds. "Should we do something about them? Maybe they'll go away if we answer their questions."

"I suppose so." Cayla was sitting on the counter, putting her fingers all in the batter.

"This is how you stir it, right?"

"Use a spoon, sweetheart. I want you to stay in here, just keep stirring until we come back. Alright?" Christine said, handing her the spoon and placing her in a chair at the table.

"Ok mommy." Cayla smiled. Christine kissed the top of her head and walked back over to Oliver. "Ready?" He shrugged and took her hand, playing with the ring on her finger. "Is that going to become a habit?" She asked him before they opened the door.

He nodded. "One I've been dying to catch."

She smiled as the door swung open and the photographers flashes began. The questions were being shouted as they stopped on the top step.

"One at a time! We'll answer you questions, but only if you don't scream them at us." Christine shouted to them.

"What happened last night?" The first reporter shouted.

"My mother hates Christine. So she threatened to shoot her. Instead, she shot Christine's father and killed him. She told us not to call the police, but my daughter managed to. She's arrested and it's over."

"Thank God," Christine muttered from his side. "Who's next?"

"When's the wedding?" The next reporter shouted with a laugh.

"Wouldn't you like to know," Christine laughed. "We're not sure yet. Probably not anytime terribly soon. And when we do decided on a date. The press won't know," Christine smirked as the disappointment radiated on the reporters face

"Oh come on, You know we'll be there anyway! Might as well tell us!" One man complained.

"'Fraid not. Next?" Christine smiled.

"What about your daughter Oliver? How does she feel about you two being together?"

"She loves it. Cayla calls her mommy. I'm glad Cayla loves her, it'll make it easier for us to become a family."

"Now what about Jordan and your movie back in the states? What's going on with all of that?"

"Twilight is still being filmed. The director finished my scenes early so I could be here. The release should be in December sometime."

"How's Jordan dealing with you being out here while she's in the states?"

"I don't know. I'd tell you to ask her, but I'd prefer that you left her alone. It's going to be tough, but we'll manage."

"Are you hinting that something is going on with Jordan? Is her relationship with Zac on the rocks?!" Suddenly all the reporters burst into questions about Jordan.

"No. Jordan and Zac are fine. If that's all your questions then I'm going to have to ask you to leave," Christine said. None of them moved.

The flashes kept snapping, but no one said anything. "Alright, We're done! Go away!" Oliver yelled, bringing Christine back into the flat.

"It went alright for a little while, I guess," she sighed, picking up one of the roses and looking at it sadly.

"I'm sure that she misses you too..." Oliver said, walking up behind her and kissing her shoulder.

"We've never been apart for this long," Christine told him. "With her having a baby I feel like I should be there, now more than ever. No offense," she told him, looking up at him.

Oliver nodded. "I understand. But don't you think that you should let her try this on her own? She's got to learn to do some things without you."

"I know. It's just going to be hard," she sighed, zoning out the window. "I love it here. It's so different than the States."

"It gets boring after a while." Cayla muttered, walking behind them as she went towards her room.

"She's a little sassy for a six year old," Christine muttered. "Do you think she's okay?"

"Yeah. She gets like this sometimes. I think she got that trait from her mother. Monika was sassy too."

"I need to meet her," Christine smirked, turning around to face. him. "Just to see how I compare to her," she smiled, walking into the kitchen and looking at the bowl of batter.

"She's somewhere off in Italy. I don't know where exactly she is and I don't want her coming back here. Monika doesn't deserve to have Cayla in her life." He sighed, sitting down at the breakfast bar. "Besides, There is no comparison between you and her. You're so much more than she could ever be."

"She's a dancer," she reminded him. "That's how you met. That's why you fell for her. As much as you want me to be, I'll never be a dancer."

"I don't care if you're a dancer or not. And that's not why I fell for her..." He sighed.

"Really? Now you have me intrigued. Care to share?" She asked, handing him a mug of tea and sitting next to him.

"I fell for Monika because of her personality. She was sarcastic, sassy, and fun." He then looked to her, smiling happily. "I fell for you for the same things, but 10 times more." He laughed.

"This is too perfect," she told him. He looked at her strangely. "Everything that happens to me ends up badly. So far, nothing bad has happened. Nothing that's stuck," she muttered. "That worries me."

He laughed, taking her hand and kissing it. "Well then that means I'm different and we're meant to be."

"I hope so," she smiled."Because I've never been happier."

"Me either." He whispered, leaning over and kissing her happily.

-------------------------------

"Goddamn it!" Jordan muttered as she picked up the string of pearls. The pearls fell off of the string and danced across the floor. The strand had broken.

"Ugh! Stupid string, Why do you hate me?!" She yelled as she got on the floor and started to pick up the pearls.

"They broke already?" Zac asked walking back into the hotel room. "I mean I knew they didn't stand a chance, but they didn't even last an hour," he joked, leaning down to help her pick up the scattered pearls.

Jordan looked over to where his foot was, hearing an odd crunch. "Zac!" She screamed, trying to push his foot away. Zac stood up, picking his foot up. "Oh Zac, You broke one of them!" Jordan groaned, taking the broken pearl in her hands.

"Hey, now things can only get better, right?" He asked, pulling he rup onto the couch. "I mean, when the two of you see each other again she'll have a dead rose and you'll have a broken pearl, you'll be back together again." He told her.

"They're dried roses..." She muttered stubbornly.

"Whatever, it's the same thing," he muttered throwing the groceries haphazardly into the small refridgerator.

"Hey! Where's my ice cream?" She asked, pulling her legs up to her.

"Here," he told her, tossing the small pint of ice cream at her. "Here's a spoon," he muttered, tossing that too.

Jordan rolled her eyes and stuck the spoon into the ice cream, taking a huge bite out of the frozen treat.

"That's sickening," he muttered. "Hopefully your cravings won't be as disgusting as Christine's were," he reminisced.

Jordan nodded. "Me too." She then looked down at the ice cream thoughtfully. "Even though...This would be good with some ketchup."

"Ugh, you've got to be kidding," he mused. "This is the kind of thing you need your best friend for."

"Awww...." Jordan pouted.

"I didn't mean it like that. You know I'll do whatever you want, even if it includes drowning ice cream in ketchup," he told her, handing her the bottle of ketchup. "She'd be here if she could, you know that."