Status: || February, 2013 ||

Sugar Hearts

Sugar Hearts

I picked up my steaming mug of red tea and carefully made my way into the living room. I kicked off the slippers and, balancing the mug in one hand, I grabbed the blanket, putting it around myself.

I turned on the TV, as I sipped on my drink, flipping through the channels absent-mindedly. I immediately pressed the remote button to go back at one particular channel, as I saw a familiar face looking directly at me.

My heart started to beat a bit faster every time the camera focused on him. I wasn't really listening to what was said, I was looking at his face as he laughed at something the host said, smiling broadly afterwards.

"And guess what guys, Avenged Sevenfold is gonna preform here on Fuse tonight!" the host said, making a small amount of teenagers in the studio scream loudly.

"Right after this!" he added and the weird commercial appeared on my TV screen. A bitter-sweet sight escaped my lips as I started to think about him.

The memories form my childhood invaded my mind, putting a little smile on my face. When he was around, I always felt happier. He knew how to make me laugh even in my darkest of the days.

That was what I always admired in him - the warmness, the ability to cheer people up only with his presence. He was the soul of the group, the crazy one that everyone knew.

And he always was there for me. He put the fact that I was different aside and befriended me. He didn't care what people talked about me, what dirt they threw at me back at the high school. He ignored all of it and hung with me nevertheless.

At first, I was suspicious and insecure. I thought that it was one of the ways to torture me more. I was afraid, that if I became friends with him, he'll eventually betray me. But as time passed by, I opened up to him. I let him in.

And I got the best I could have asked for. He became my best friend.

Those five years of my life were the best. I have never thought, that life could have been this great. I had time best time of my life. But the guys soon started working on their first album and eventually the band was asked to join the tour. They were planning on leaving the next day after the graduation.

He asked me to go with him, but I couldn't. I really wanted, hell, I would have given everything, so that I could go with him, but I couldn't. I got the letter from the New York University and I was accepted. Which meant, I had to pack my bags and leave as soon as possible. After the graduation.

It was the hardest goodbye ever.

*Flashback*


"…it was an amazing experience to learn here, at Huntington High…" the valedictorian was giving a speech to all the graduates. I was sitting in my chair with mixed feelings, waiting for the life-changing moment.

Soon, I'll graduate from the high school and be able to study at the New York University. I was really really happy about it. I've always wanted to study there and I finally made it. I made my dream come true.

And so did Jimmy. He and the band were spotted by one of the recording companies and even were asked to join the tour. Right after the graduation. Which meant, that Jimmy will be gone for almost half a year. And it hurt me. Don't get me wrong - I was happy for the guys making it big, I just didn't want to let go of Jimmy. I was so used to have him around all the time, that it killed me to even think of him leaving me.

I wanted to go with them. I wanted to help them, I wanted to have a good time, I wanted to see something more, than Huntington Beach. I wanted to go with him. But I just simply couldn't. I had to pack my bags, sign some papers and leave on the first plane to New York.

"… Kenny Addison…" the principal started handing the diplomas in an alphabetical order.

I let out another sigh and slightly turned my body, so that I could look back at the further sitting students. I quickly spotted a head with messy black hair, turning at all the sides and shaking from the laughter.

He was happily chatting with Matt Sanders, who was sitting couple of the chairs further. The smile didn't faded from his face as he caught me looking at him secretly. He winked at turned back his attention to Matt.

I turned around and waited for the principal to call my name. I started to play with my fingers as they started to sweat. I was really nervous getting on the stage. I didn't like the massive attention and it always made me nauseous. I tried to calm myself down, but it just didn't work.

Suddenly, I felt someone grab my hands in theirs and stop them from shaking. I looked up and saw a smiling face of Jimmy, his blue eyes sparkling. He was squatting next to my chair, supporting me with his presence.

A smile crept on my face at that small gesture of his. I felt myself calming down, as he drew circles on my palms with his thumbs.

"… Violet Alden…" the man called out and I slowly stood up, making my way to the stage awkwardly. I could feel the eyes looking at the every move I made, but I didn't let myself get lost into those thoughts and I finally climbed up the stairs, stopping in front of the principal. He handed me the diploma with a warm smile.

I took the document out of his hands, thanking him and turning around, ready to quickly disappear from the stage. The howls and shouts from Jimmy and his friends didn't helped me to stay cool and soon I turned all pink, scurrying to my seat.

It was finally over. I graduated from the Huntington High School and now I was able to make my life the way I always wanted it to be. This was the point of the new start and I needed to take all I could from it, to create a perfect life. The life I never had.

The graduation flew by and I found myself throwing the hat up in the air, along with a bunch of other students.

"Hey, Vi!" Jimmy skipped up to me, draping one arm around my shoulders and squeezing them tightly. Soon Matt and Zacky showed up, already without their gowns, followed by Johnny.

"Hey, Violet." they greeted me out of the politeness. I wasn't so sociable with the rest of the guys, but I appreciated, that they didn't push me any further and kept their distance. I just didn't trust them enough.

"Dude, you gonna go to the big graduation party at Kevin's, right?" Zacky asked, glancing at me.

"I think, I'll pass." he said, pulling me closer to him. "I have other plans."

"Whatever man. You're loss." Matt laughed and left with the rest of the guys, leaving me and Jimmy alone.

"What plans?" I asked, looking up at him. He smirked at me, grabbing me by the hand and dragging me to his beat up car.

I took off my gown, put it in a trunk and quickly sat in a passengers seat. I scrunched up my nose in disgust. Jimmy's car was a real trash can. Empty bottles of beer, stinky clothes, leftovers of food, adult magazines - everything was thrown to the back.

"Sorry." he smiled sheepishly and started the car, driving out of the parking lot. We rode in silence for some time, before Jimmy finally spoke up.

"So, since it's the last day of us being… y'know, together…" he started, sadness evident in his voice.

"I thought, we should hang out for the rest of the day." he finished, glancing at me, waiting for some reaction. I couldn't reply, so I just nodded. I was afraid, that if I speak, I'll start to cry uncontrollably out of the sadness I was feeling.

"Good. Then let the day begin!" he stated a bit happier, trying to set the mood.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"I have a surprise for you!" Jimmy stopped in front of me, blocking my way to my home.

The sky was getting darker and it was almost the curfew. This afternoon was the best one I hadn't had in a long time. We went to the beach, ate ice-cream and got kicked out of the mall for disturbing the peace.

"Jimmy." I said warningly. Most of the time his surprises are a bunch of trouble, that I get in afterwards, when Katie and Alaina sees what happened.

"No no, this time it's normal." he laughed.

"Jimmy, you know, that if it's gonna be something destructive, Katie gonna kick you out for good. I'm not so sure about Alaina, tho'. She has a little crush on you." I tapped my chin, smirking towards Jimmy. He laughed loudly, shaking his head and taking the blindfold out of his hoodie's pocket.

He put it on and took my small hand in his, carefully guiding me to the huge house. We silently creeped in, slowly climbing up the stairs and entering my dorm. Thankfully, there were no other girls in it.

He gently took the blindfold, tenderly running his fingers through my cheek. I felt myself blushing and just stood there awkwardly with my eyes closed.

"You can open them now." he whispered into my ear, startling me a bit. I opened them up and saw him standing in front of my, now empty, closet. I put all my stuff into the suitcase in the morning, so that I could spend more time with everyone. With Jimmy.

"Ta-dam!" he sang out, opening the closet's doors.

Hundreds of little heart shaped candies rolled out of the closed, covering half of the dorm's floor. I couldn't believe my eyes.

"I know how much you love these sugar hearts so I thought, I make a surprise for you!" he said cheerfully, taking a handful of hearts and shoving them into his mouth.

"This is crazy, Jimmy!" I laughed out, wiping my eyes from the hot tears that were rolling down my cheeks. He sat on the ground and I walked up to him doing the same. We both sat there, next to each other, surrounded by little sugar hearts, enjoying the moment.

I laid my head onto his shoulder, closing my eyes and I popped couple of sweets into my mouth. He wrapped his long arms around my waist tightly, pulling me closer to his body.

I wanted to stay like this with him forever. I wanted just to freeze the time and be in this moment for eternity.

I couldn't handle not having him around. He was everything to me. He was the one, that I could come at night and tell what was bothering me. He was the one, who always knew how to make me feel better. He was the one, I kept on fighting to survive.

And now, we were nine hours away from breaking apart forever. Me going to New York, him touring with the band. This was the last time I'll see him.

The silent tears started to fall from my eyes, causing me to start sobbing softly. I clung tighter to Jimmy, not wanting to ever let him go. I felt him press his lips to my forehead, hugging me tightly and rocking us both form side to side.

The loud footsteps cause us to break apart. I quickly jumped on my feet, frantically looking around. If any of the carers saw this, they probably would get a heart attack. Suddenly, the doors slammed open, revealing Katie and Alaina.

"Oh my God…" Katie breathed out heavily, looking onto the heart shaped candies scattered on the floor. "Jimmy!!! You know the orphanage rules!!! This is unacceptable!!!" she shrieked, running forward to grab Jimmy by his collar. Thankfully, Alaina stopped Katie and winked at both of us.

It was time for him to go home. I felt the tears threatening to escape again as I stepped closer to him, ignoring Katie's yells and shouts.

I launched myself into Jimmy's embrace, hugging him tightly. He pressed my closer to his chest, savoring the moment. I looked up at him and smiled sadly. He gave me the small smile back and softly pressed his lips to mine for a moment.

The feeling was unbelievable. The fireworks exploded behind my eyes and he kissed me, stroking my cheek softly. I wanted to kiss him more, but he broke the kiss, running his thumb across my plump lips.

He winked at me for the last time, as I felt the heat rising up my cheeks again, and walked up to an open window. He saluted Katie and Alaina and climbed through the window, jumping onto the branch of the tree and safely getting down on the ground.

*End of Flashback*


We didn't stayed in touch long after he left to tour with the guys at the age of eighteen. He had to make it big, I had to make my life the way I wanted to. We took different roads, but the friendship we had, was still there. If not in reality, then in our past. He will always be my best friend.

The song, that the band was playing, ended, making the small crowd cheer loudly. Jimmy waved at the fans, throwing his drumsticks, smiling from ear to ear. I feel smile myself, too.

Taking the blanket off, I stood up, walking up to my flat's window, looking through it. A snow started to fall once again from the black starless sky onto the never sleeping city of New York.

I wished, I could meet him again soon. Maybe not tomorrow or next week, but soon. I wanted to show him, what amazing my life has finally become. What have I achieved. I wanted to share it with him.

"Hey, baby." Ethan wrapped his arms around my middle, kissing my temple softly. "You have a busy day tomorrow, let's go to sleep." he suggested pulling me away form the window.

"Okay." I smiled at him, kissing his lips quickly and dragging him to our bedroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Birthday, Jimmy!

I just had to write a one-shot for this special occasion.

I hope you all enjoyed it!

I had an idea of turning this one-shot into full story. Tell me what do you think!

Stay sweet,
Kay