Status: In progress.

Why Do You Make Things So Complicated?

Chapter two

Please help me. I am on my knees, begging you to get him out of my head.
I think I have some explaining to do.
It's all about that raven haired guy with the breathtaking gray eyes. It's all about him, and that's annoying, because I never chose to think of him and even dream of him!..I just do, even though I don't want to. It is really weird. I mean, if I were him, I would introduce myself or even make small talk, even though I am not very social. I really wanted to meet him. I didn't even get to know his name. Why would he help me out when my back was against the wall due to those bitches who make my life a living hell and then walk away?
I am hopeless. All I've been doing since the previous week is thinking of him and dreaming of him. It really infuriates me, because, as I said before, I never chose to think or dream of him. I even went to the music store a couple of times to see if he was there. But, no, he wasn't. My luck is so bad.
One of my favourite songs brought me back to reality. I wanted so much to go on dreaming and go back to my imaginary world, which is much more better than the real one...but, well, I had to answer my phone. I just couldn't ignore my best friend Andy.
As I picked up the phone, she started screaming excitedly. I could hear our friend Yvonne, who was probably sitting next to her, talking about something that I didn't understand. "Guess what!" Andy screamed excitedly. Wow. Rarely ever was she that thrilled. I mean, that girl gets always excited over almost everything, but not that thrilled.
I laughed. "Hey, what's up? What is it?"
"Well," she started to talk, but trailed off and burst out laughing for a reason that I didn't know, and then Yvonne started talking. "Well, what Andy wanted to say is that we're picking you up in twenty minutes or so, we're going to have a sleepover at my place since it's Friday night and we can do whatever the hell we want to."
At once, I smiled. "Yessss!!" I screamed excitedly at the top of my lungs and started jumping up and down on my bed like a five year old kid. Got a problem with my childish reaction? I don't care.
Mom walked into my room, and, as she saw me jumping up and down on my bed, she smiled and started laughing. "What happened?" she asked when I hung up and sat down on my bed. Jumping up and down tired me a lot.
"Andy, Yvonne and me are going to have a sleepover at Yvonne's place," I smiled. "I may go, right?"
Mom nodded. "Of course!" she smiled. "I'm walking out so as you can pack your stuff."
When she walked out of the room, I opened my closet, wondering what to wear. My closet ws full of jeans, sweatshirts, T-shirts and jackets, but, for some reason, I never knew what to wear. After a few minutes, I settled on my black denim shorts with spikes on the front pockets, black fishnet tights, a plaid red tank top and my blood red Converse sneakers. I fixed my hair, put on some black eyeliner and mascara, and packed my stuff.
When I was ready, the doorbell rang. I grabbed my stuff, ran downstairs and opened the door. Andy attacked me with a huge bear hug, which made us fall down on the floor. She fell on top of me and started giggling. "I'm sorry Emily," she laughed as she stood up and held out her hand. I gladly took it and she helped me stand up. I hugged Yvonne. "Ready to go?" she smiled at me.
I nodded. Andy and I grabbed our stuff and we started making our way to Yvonne's house. The weather was pretty warm, so I didn't mind walking.
"Let's go upstairs," Yvonne suggested as we walked in. "My parents are out for the night, so we can do whatever we want to," she smiled.
I looked over at Andy. She had a huge smile on her face. "Does it mean that I can eat all the cookies and annoy the hell out of you two because the boy I've been crushing on is an idiot?"
Yvonne and I both laughed as Andy grabbed a plate full of cookies and then we walked upstairs. I dumped my stuff on the floor, just like Andy did, and sat down on Yvonne's bed. Yvonne laid down next to me, and Andy preferred to sit on the floor.
"So, tell us more about your crush," I told Andy. "I mean, we only know his name and that you have three classes in common..."
Andy ate a cookie and pointed a finger at Yvonne. "She knows everything, since we have the same classes," she said. "So...let me tell you about him..." she trailed off and ate one more cookie. "As you already know, I have a big-"
"That would be a massive crush, not just a big one, Andy," Yvonne laughed,
"-crush on him, or a massive one, as Yvonne says, for six months. Six fucking months. Can you believe it? I hate it. But I can't stop thinking of him and the way he looks at me...he's really sweet..."
Thirty minutes and ten cookies later, Andy had told me everything about the guy she's been crushing on. It turns out that he can be really good when he wants to, but he behaves like a jerk cause he's worried about his social status. Such an idiot.
"Why people are obsessed over popularity and their social status?" Yvonne whined. "I will never figure that out..." she trailed off and looked at me.
"What?!" I laughed and went on playing with an orange, star shaped pillow. "I don't know the answer to your question. I mean, I have the same question as well."
"Me too." Andy announced. Her smiled was replaced by a frown. "Oh shit...I ate all the cookies..." she sighed.
"It's okay," Yvonne smiled at her.
"...but the thing is that I want more of them..." Andy said, sighed again and rested her head on her hands.
I shrugged. "Guys can be really irritating at times. I mean, there are times when you can't stop thinking of them!" Like me, for example...oh no, don't start thinking of him again, Emily...
Yvonne turned around to look at me. She smirked. "Are you crushing on someone, Emily?" she asked me.
I quickly shook my head no and went on playing with the orange pillow, as if I had a crush and was ashamed of admitting it. But the thing is that I don't have a crush on anyone. And I am sure as hell don't have a crush on the guy with the breathtaking light gray eyes. Luckily, I didn't blush or anything. I always tend to blush when people ask me if I'm in love or something.
"Oh, my mom told me that your mom was talking with my mom on the phone," Yvonne went on talking, "and your mom told mine that a family moved into a house which is a few blocks away from yours. Is that true?" Yvonne asked curiously and stared at me, waiting for my answer.
I shrugged. I didn't even know that. I'm not interested in meeting the neighbours anyways. Most of them turn out to be cold and unfriendly. "I don't know," I shrugged and Andy nodded. "If my mom told yours so, then I guess that it's true..."
Then it dawned on me. I had never seen the handsome gray eyed guy before. "I think that I have seen one of them," I went on talking. "I'm not sure, though..."
Andy's frown turned into a big grin. "That's nice! Tell us more about him!"
I groaned. "As if I know him...I saw him a week ago, and I haven't seen him since..."
"How did he look like?" Yvonne asked curiously.
On thinking of him and how handsome he was made me smile. "Well, I can say that he's really good looking," I started and went on describing how he looked like. Turns out that the girls found him really cool.
Andy was about to go on talking, but stopped and looked at Yvonne. "Wait. Doesn't that guy remind you of someone who-"
"Oh yes!" Yvonne smiled and went on talking. "He reminds me of the guy who was sitting next to me in my Writing and Music class!" she exclaimed.
"-who was enrolled in our school!" Andy cut her off and finished talking.
"Yeah," Yvonne nodded in agreement and continued talking. "He has such a nice sense of style. I actually find him really awesome, even though he's not the one to talk or make friends with someone."
Andy nodded, showing Yvonne that she agreed with what she had just said. "People classified him as goth, punk, or whatever came out of their mouths. Remember?"
Yvonne turned around to look at me and smiled. "I think that he and Emily are going to be friends!"
I stared at them. "Wait," I started, thinking of what they had said. "You mean that...you know him?"
They both nodded. "We're not friends or anything, we just happened to have some classes in common, that's all..." Andy told me.
"He's really antisocial and doesn't hang out with people," Yvonne went on talking. "And people aren't interested in getting to know him better, either..."
I just shrugged, not having anything to say. "I think that he's a good guy," I said. "Those bitches picked up a fight with me a week ago, and he helped me out!"
Andy smiled. "Yeah, he does that a lot. He helps people out, and, as a result, he gets bullied, and then doesn't talk to the people who he helped. I don't know why, though...Some of them have thanked him and tried to make friends with him, but he chose to stay away from everyone."
"I think I have his number!!" Yvonne exclaimed.
I had a brainstorm. "Give it to me," I said. "I am going to text him," I grinned, proud of my idea. Well, it was so stupid an idea...but I just didn't care. I wanted to talk to him. I wanted to get to know him better.
"Here it is," Yvonne wrote down some numbers on a piece of paper and gave it to me. "Call him, text him, do whatever you want to...I would advise you against calling him, though." she told me. "When people talk to him too much or irritate him, he yells, screams, and curses an awful lot. But he can be really kind."
So, I am going to let you know what I wrote, just cause I am a good person. Here's the message:
"So...yeah, I know you don't even remember me, or don't want to know me for some reason, but I didn't have the chance to thank you for helping me out the previous week. So...thank you."
I know...I really do need to improve my writing skills. They suck.
After a couple of minutes, my phone rang. "Oh my God!" I screamed excitedly, like a teenager with a massive crush. Well...I am a teenager...but no, I do not have a crush. Oh, and I'm not planning on crushing on someone either.
"That's awesome!" Yvonne smiled. "What did he say?"
My smile faded as I read his message. "Who the hell are you? Just stop texting me. I don't want to talk with a stranger."
I am no stranger...I'm the girl you helped out the previous week, you idiot.