Status: In progress.

Why Do You Make Things So Complicated?

Chapter nine

Oh, damn you dreams. Who said that you actually can invade my mind whenever the fuck you want to?
Let me explain.
According to the other dream I had the previous night, I was reading a science fiction book, and it was right. While gazing at the stars, I heard some noises coming from the balcony door. I just ignored it and went on gazing at the stars. I heard that irritating noise again, and then an idiot started talking. It was midnight, for God's sake! All I wanted was peace, and then that idiot had to destroy it! I went on reading the book, but, of course, the idiot who caused that annoying noise wouldn't let me do so. He threw a stone at the window. I sighed as I opened the balcony door and got out to see what was going on. Oh. The idiot I was talking about turned out to be a freezing Taylor with a guitar on his hands. He sang a song he wrote for me. Sweet.
Oh well...another dull, bad day. The only thing that I want is to be left in peace, but I don't see it happening anytime soon. That, along with my already bad mood, makes me be mad at everyone today.
Let me tell you that the dream didn't come to its end. As I said before, this day sucks.
I sighed as I walked into my first class, which was History, and took a seat at the back of the class. I couldn't wait until the bell rang. The class was so boring that no matter how much texts I texted and how much drawings I drew, the time just wouldn't pass by.
I would sleep, but I couldn't. The teacher's loud, monotonous voice wouldn't let me do so. Since I was incapable of sleeping, my phone was dead and staring at the door was so uninteresting, I decided to pay attention to the lesson, just for a change.
So I paid attention to the lesson, praying to God that the bell wouldn't ring after what seemed like an eternity to me. That's what happened, though. After a long and really boring hour, the sound of the ringing bell brought a smile to my face as I put my book into my bag and walked out of the classroom.
After my last class before lunch, which was Chemistry, I dumped my books and the notebooks I didn't need into my locker and looked around. Isabella's locker was a few feet away from mine, and Maria's locker, which was next to mine, but neither of them were nowhere to be found.
As I started making my way to the lunch area, hoping that they would be there, I bumped into someone and fell down on the floor. Ouch. That hurt. I looked up, only to see a tall, fair haired guy looking at me.
“I'm sorry,” he apologized and held out his hand. I took it and helped me stand up. “You alright?” he asked me.
I nodded. “Yeah, I am fine. Sorry for bumping into you. I-” My eye caught some of the popular students, including Gabriella and her boyfriend, walking towards that boy. I just apologized again and walked away in a really fast pace, not wanting to get picked on or have Gabriella pick up a fight with me.
As I walked into the lunch area, I saw Isabella sitting alone. I walked over to where she was sitting and sat down next to her. “Hey, where's Maria?” I asked.
“She wanted to buy something to eat.” she told me and fished her cell phone out of her jeans pocket. “The food here sucks, though.” She pulled a disgusted face, which made me laugh, and texted someone.
A few minutes later, Maria placed the gray food tray on the table and sat down next to me. “What's up?” she smiled.
I shrugged. “Nothing new. I can't wait to get out of here.”
Isabella nodded in agreement. “That day is so boring.”
There was something that made that today's school day even more boring. Neil wasn't there. And Taylor was missing as well. I didn't see them at all today.
I turned around to look at Maria. “Did you see Neil today?” I asked.
She just shook her head and continued eating. Isabella nodded. “Yeah, I saw him today. We have some classes in common.” Before she could go on talking, some of those really popular students walked up to our table. I could see them smirking at each other. The only thing they seemed to be good at was making people's school life a living hell.
“Hey, losers!” the tallest of them yelled at us, then laughed with the others, whose laughter was fake. I looked at the shortest of them. He was laughing with that the immature, rude idiot told us, but I could tell that this wasn't what he wanted to do, and he wasn't who he wanted to be. He caught me looking at me and shot me a death glare. If looks could kill, I'd have died a hundred times now. He knew that I knew he was nothing more than a hypocrite, though.
I stood up and raised my hand, ready to slap the rude one on the face, but he shoved me away. “What?!” he laughed and pointed a finger at me. “Did you think I'd let you slap me? You are pathetic!” he told me and the others went on laughing.
That was it. I wouldn't let that guy call me pathetic. I know, I'm not perfect, and nobody is, but I am not a pathetic human being.
I grabbed the guy by the collar of his shirt. “You're the pathetic one, you idiot!” I screamed at him. “You are nothing more than a fake! I won't let you call me pathetic, because I am not!”
As I was about to go on screaming at him, I saw Taylor running towards us. He grabbed the guy I was screaming at by his shirt and punched him. After that, they all walked away. “Thanks,” I smiled at him.
He just shrugged and sat down next to me. “Anytime.” Only when he sat down next to me did I notice Neil. He was standing behind Taylor, then he sat down next to Maria. Needless to say, he looked perfect. He looked at me. I think I lost myself into his breathtaking gray eyes.
He held my hands in his. “You alright?” he asked me.
I just nodded and looked down at my feet. I was blushing fiercely, and he didn't need to know. From the corner of my eye, I could see Taylor glaring at Neil. I felt guilty. He had asked me out, and now here I was, holding hands with Neil.
I stood up and excused myself. “I'll be back in a minute,” I said. Before I could walk away, I saw two guys, a blonde and a dark haired one walking towards us. As they reached our table, I found out that the blonde guy was the one I bumped into before. He smiled at me.
“Um...” the dark haired one started, “the headmaster asked me and Jason,” he pointed at the other guy, “to inform the students that a school play will be organized, and I was wondering, would you like to take part?” he asked and looked at us, waiting for our answer.
I looked at him. He was holding a piece of paper, in which he had written the names of some students that would take part in that school play. Gabriella and her friends were some of the people to take part in that. I smirked. My existence was one of the things that infuriated her. If I took part in that school play, I would make her even more angry.
“I want to take part in that school play,” I smiled at the guys.
The dark haired one gave me the paper he was holding and a pen. “Just write down your name,” he told me.
I did as he told me and handed him the pen and the paper. “Thank you,” he smiled at me. His gaze fell on Neil and Maria, who were making small talk. Actually, Maria was the one to talk endlessly. He just listened to what she was telling him and nodded every now and then. The blonde haired guy smirked at the dark haired one, who nodded at him and grinned.
“Do you want to take part?” he asked them.
Maria nodded and wrote down her name, whereas Neil shook his head.
“Oh, thank God,” he spoke, “because you,” he pointed an accusing finger at Neil, “you'd scare the hell out of the audience due to your freakish looks!” he laughed. “I don't think that people like you should take part, cause they are weird and ugly and scare people. I don't think you want to frighten people, right?” he smirked. “How come you didn't scare that nice girl over there,” he pointed a finger at me, “I don't know. That's really strange.”
“Get the hell out of here before I break your nose and send you to the nurse,” I threatened him.
The guy didn't speak. He went on glaring at Neil, who started speaking. “She's right. Get the hell out of here, aren't you scared enough of me already?” he asked the guy.
Both of them looked at each other and frowned. Before the fair haired one could start talking, Neil went on talking. “Before you go, I recommend that you don't take part in that because the audience will be put off by you.”
The dark haired guy glared at him again. “Is there more? Your looks have frightened us enough already.”
Neil shook his head. “No, you are free to go. I hope you'll see me in your dreams and wake up screaming in the middle of the night, frightening as I am.” he smirked.
The two rude, idiotic guys walked away.
“I hope you'll see me in your dreams and wake up screaming in the middle of the night, frightening as I am!” Isabella mocked Neil. “That was awesome!” she smiled at him.
He just shrugged and went on reading the book he had started reading before. I looked at Isabella. She was talking with Maria, who was laughing at the dark haired boy's reaction. There seemed to be something wrong with Taylor, though. He didn't talk at all. The only thing he'd do every now and then was to shot death glares at Neil, who probably didn't notice that.
It turned out that the play Maria and I decided to take part in is 'Romeo and Juliet'. Oh God. Why did I decide to take part anyways?
Because Gabriella took part in it, you silly.
Oh, shut up brain.
The students who decided to take part were told to gather at the lunch area after school. When Maria and I got there, the first thing that I saw was that blonde guy whose name I forgot staring at me. I looked at Maria, who just shrugged and shook her head, showing me that she didn't like that guy at all. I nodded in agreement.
A couple of minutes later, the headmaster and the Literature teacher walked into the lunch area. I really liked her. I would like her even more if she gave me the role of Juliet, just to infuriate Gabriella even more, though.
The Literature teacher introduced herself, because some of the students didn't know her, and told us that how she came up with the idea. She also told us that she had already found a role for each of us, since the vast majority of the students who decided to take part were attending her class.
The blonde haired guy got the role of Romeo. I looked at Maria, who looked back at me and frowned. The only thing that I wanted was to take the role of Juliet just to get on Gabriella's nerves, but that guy getting the role or Romeo was something that I didn't think of. I was aware of the fact that Gabriella liked him, though. If I got the role of Juliet, I would infuriate her even more than I had thought. That would be really great.
In the end, I got the role of Juliet. Ha. Take that, Gabriella.