Status: Completed

Esia's Protector

My best friend graduated from University!

It wasn't long til after that we had gotten oddly accepted into the venue from Richard's request. I sat on the bed with Dante, as he was laying down next to me. I'd placed my face into my hand. I look at my phone noticing that I got some messages on them. The one that caught my was a message from my best friend, Janet.

To: Eisa Henderson

Hi girlfriend! How are you? I'll be dropping by the mansion pretty soon. I just got off the airplane. I brought some pictures that I want to show you. Also we haven't had a one-on-one girl talk in YEARS I forgot how long. Anyway see you soon, because I'll be there shortly.


Janet ^_^

I smiled at the fact that Janet always been the more cheerful one. But she doesn't know the things that has happening around you as of recently. I finally realized that Dante arms was around me. Being in his arms is very welcoming. And I just look at him with a smile.

"Good Morning handsome," I greeted.

"Good Morning, Esia," he greeted back with an sweet kiss.

Dante got out of the bed and headed towards the shower. I heard the water running.

"So, the text was from your friend Janet, huh?" he asked.

"Yeah! She's always been so cheery," I said.

"She needs to be careful, because a lot of people would take advantage of her kindness," he stated.

I know he was telling the truth about Janet's kindness. There were some people that did took advantage of the goodness in her heart that she possess. I got out of bed and went to the bathtub. As I'm taking a good bath; I closed my eyes to relax. I just heard the shower water turned off. I guess that Dante is getting out the shower and getting dressed.

"Esia!!!" he called.

"Yes!!!" I answer.

"Didn't she said she'll be here shortly?"he asked.

"Yeah," I answered, "What time is it?" I asked.

"It's a quarter til 12," he said.

My eyes widen realizing that when she means shortly; she actually means that she's on the way right now.

30 Minutes Later

Father, Marie, Charlene, Britany, Dante, and I were in the living room together watching TV. The doorbell rung. Father stood on his feet and opened on the door, and there she is....my BFF (best friend forever) Janet Dawnfield.

"Hello!!! AH!!! ESIA!!!" she screamed with joy.

"JANET!!!!" I screamed with joy.

We ran and gave each other the biggest hugs ever. Its been so long since we'd seen each other. I feel so much joy in my heart. We'd unembrace each other.

"Did you get my text?" she asked.

"Yes, I got your text," I continued, "I'm sorry I didn't go to your graduation," I said sadly.

"Oh...girl. I'm okay with that, we both got different lives," she continued, "Your a singer and I'm an archaeologist/author," she continued, "I write about the unique or rare items and you make platinum albums," she said.

Janet placed her hand on my arm and rubbed it with compassion. She let go of my arm and looked at everybody else with a graceful warm smile. Janet turned her attention to everyone.

"Hello everybody!!!" she greeted.

"HI" said everyone.

I gently grabbed Janet's hand patiently and lead her to meet Dante.

"Janet, this is Dante...my bodyguard," I introduced them.

"Hello," said Dante.

Janet expression changed.

"Its you...I saw you on that tower, but you--,"she stopped mid sentence, "No, you must be somebody else," she said with embarrassment.

Janet placed a smile back on her face then turned towards my way.

"Where is...Richard?" she asked.

"Richard is being Richard," I said.

Janet sighed. She reached for my hand.

"Well, I got some drinks and pictures to show you," she said.

We headed upstairs.

***

Janet and I were in my bedroom. I gave her some wine. She drunk some and had a mix expression between just bad taste and a smile. She cough a little.

"Man, this has some really bad after taste to it," she said.

"Yeah, but its good," I said, "How was the university up in the states?" I asked.

"Hmmm, it was fun, I had a boyfriend, but we broke up," she said.

"Why?" I asked.

She shrug her shoulders.

"I felt like I had to run?" she said.

I closed my eyes.

"Running from the run doesn't make sense without a reason," I said,"What was wrong?" I asked.

"Because he was started to become violet and controlling," she said.

"I know what you mean," I proceed, "That was all you needed to tell me," I finished.

She gave me a smile.

"He looks just like him," she said.

"Who?" I asked.

"Dante, he looks just like him," she said, "When I was sixteen years old, I saw a tower coming out of the ground out of nowhere. I'd put on my goggles and I saw him," she said.

"Description please," I said playfully with a laugh.

"He was tall, had that white silver like hair, blue eyes, and his hair were slick back," she said.

I paused. Knowing that the person that she was talking about is Dante's twin brother, Vergil. She has or had a crush on the man that tried to kill me some weeks ago. I can't get over the fact why and why is this demon is even after me in the first place.

"Esia. Are you okay? You look a little pale," she said with concern.

Janet placed her arm around me.

"Sweetie...?" she said.

I shook myself back to reality.

"You wanted to show me something," I reminded her.

"Yeah, I did." she said.

Janet reached for her backpack and pulled out a magazine. The door opened as Richard came into the room, Marie followed behind him. Janet and I looked at Richard.

"Greets Esia and Janet," he said.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Henderson, but Richard insisted," she apologized.

"It's okay, where's Dante?" I asked.

Marie left the room, leaving me, Janet, and Richard.

"Dante, went back to Devil May Cry," he said.

"Why?" she asked.

Richard shrugged his shoulders and sat between us. Richard looked at Janet; who was giving him a weird look.

"What?" he asked.

"Nothing. I just never seen such a nosy man before," she retorted.

Richard laughed at the words that Janet said. He couldn't bring out the words out of his mouth. Janet turned the pages in her magazine about N old relics. She stopped at this page.

"That's a pretty necklace," I complement.

"It's not just some any necklace, this is the medallion that the Legendary Dark Knight Sparda had sealed away, 2000 years ago," she said.

"Wait a minute. Your trying to filled our heads with a myth? A fairy tale of Sparda?" he asked.

Janet shook her head.

"I believe that Sparda isn't just some dumb myth. He was real. He hidden this item so that demons won't be able to obtain it,"she said with excitement, "He had this this pretty little thing inside the tomb under Egypt," she said happily.

Richard and I looked at each other. Richard held back the laughter. I've chuckled a little of the notion. It was kinda hard that the fact that "Sparda" would seal something like that. Something so pretty.

"Well...you kids just love to play pretend," he mocked Janet.

"How about this....when you guys go to Rome, I'll be in Eygpt again looking for the item," she said.

****

Home at last!!! I've made it back to Devil May Cry, psh...Mr. Henderson didn't have to dismiss me like that though. But he did paid me my full total of 6 trillion dollars. Hell, that's just enough to gave my shop some new supplies, equipment, and more pizza money. Of course, Trish and Lady followed behind; however, they went on different missions.

But I couldn't shake thought of the three men walking out the building like that. Their minds wasn't even their to begin with for starters. Richard said or did something to those people, and I'm going to find out. Janet seem to be an okay girl, but she just confuse me for my twin brother, Vergil. (Sigh) The phone ring. I picked up the phone to answer it.

"Devil May Cry?"

"Dante, its me, Esia. Why did you left?" she asked.

"Uh...your dad said since their hasn't been any demon attacks, there is no need for me to be around," I continued, "So, he paid me my money and relieved me of protecting you," I said.

"Dante...I enjoyed having your company," she said.

"Yeeeeah, I know you did," I said.

There were silence between us.

"Be careful in Rome," I said.

"I will," she replied.

We disconnected from each other. I wonder what is going to happen now that since I'm not there.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my newest chapter for DMC: Esia's Protector. Please comment and subscribe. Also feel free to recommend. If there are any errors please let me know. Thank you! ^_^