Status: Completed

Esia's Protector

My Questions Needs Answers

I was laying down in bed when I noticed how quick the day turned into night. I didn’t know what was going on. I heard the door opening behind me. I sat myself up in the bed and I saw the unknown man, a skull sorceress, and Vergil. I stood on my feet and waited for the comments that was going to be said to me. But about what I wonder?

“Janet, right?” he asked.

“That’s me, why am I here?” I asked.

“You’re here for a purpose. You’re the only one here that can read the ancient scriptures of conversion, “he said.

“Great! I should be honored,” I’m sarcastic, “But how do you know that I can read it?” I asked.

Vergil and the skull sorceress looked at one another. She approached me and handed me an opened scroll. I took the scroll and begin to read it silently to myself as I hear the man speaking.

“Janet Dawnfield, a university student. Graduated with honors of studies of ancient history of facts, myths and English writing. Writer by day and scholar by night. That is why I chosen you,” he said.

My eyes looked at him. I couldn’t say anything. He was telling the truth about my studies and occupation. I saw a dress on the bed.

“Wear that dress. It will fit…well with the ceremony,” he said.

As he turned a walked away. I yelled out—

“Wait!!!” I yelled.

He looked at me.

“Besides a conversion ceremony, who is it for?” I asked.

“Esia,” he said.

I whisper her name as he left me stun. The only that stayed with me was Vergil. We had intensive stare down. There has to be a way to save Esia. But…how?

******

After defeating Kara, I had to find the next guardian to free Esia. I found the Skull Key laying on the floor near the closet. I knelt down and picked it up and headed towards the Castle Entrance. Once I made it there, I unlock the door and I was inside of a piano room with pictures of stone statues there waiting to be obviously disturbed or awaken.

Play the melody in my ears, but make the music be sweet and insufferable. When the Stars comes out, play with the light of the moon to enjoy the ceremony at hand.

The music sheet is already on the piano stand. I don’t know how to play the piano, but I can try. Thank you, Lady for the slight piano lessons, I guess. I relaxed my fingers and begin to play Fur Elise. As I was playing the piano, I can literally feel the room temperature fallen. I readied my devil arms for combat. And as I expected, the statues came alive.

I scoffed.

“When where there anything that will surprise?” I jokingly asked.

The statues surrounded me. I’d equipped myself with the Beowulf. I have quickly switched to Sword-Master. The demonic statues without even thinking, on the other hand, every minion does that. I mean seriously, what lackey doesn’t attack with their own freewill? Oh sorry, I’m in the middle of fighting.

Once I’ve made a quick defeat to the statues (thanks to Beowulf), I grabbed the item that resemble a shield like figure. The demon barrier was already broken; however, I can’t stop the funny sensation that I’m somehow being watched by an unknown most certain presence that I can’t precisely put my finger on. I need to ignore this new comer and search and rescue, Esia.

Meanwhile

As the man in the grey hoodie was standing in the room alone. I approached him to get his attention. I had to know why. And what was his goals if heevenwas to succeed in this “ceremony”.

“Vergil, are you bothered?” he asked.

“Not bothered, baffled,” I stated.

He placed his hand behind his back and turned to face me.

“Ask away,” he insisted.

I approached him closely.

“What is the meaning with this ceremony, and why do have Janet of all people, to do the ritual reading?” I asked boldly.

“I choose Janet, because she is Esia’s best friend,” he proceed, “They are sisters but not sisters. That is how strong their bond is to even surpass their own family bonds. It wouldn’t hurt if I were to choose somebody that hasn’t grew up or had a strong connection with her that isn’t her kin or blood kin” he said.

“If you did succeed, what will you gain? What will I gain?” I asked.

There were silence in the air. The unknown man took a deep silent breathe before he opened his mouth.

“…., you gain power that is out of this world and the demon world,” he said.

“You haven’t answered all of my questions,” I said.

He turned his back on me.

“I don’t need too,” I replied.

Knowing this if I asked anymore questions; he won’t answer me, but my questions will be answered whether he wants to or not. I turned on my heels and went my way. He’s hiding something from me. But what is it that he’s hiding?