Status: Completed

Esia's Protector

What Power is over you?

This place is very narrow. The area that I’m in is like one long tunnel and I’ve been walking for hours now. On the other hand, I can use some good descent exercise. Who knows if I gained any weight? Utter than that, there are very amount expensive pictures on the walls. Ten out of twenty was the same picture. I’ve reached the end of the tunnel with this picture of a woman being burned alive. I looked at the bottom of the picture.

A Sin that was never committed was indeed committed, Aerial “The Great” was her name.

I looked around the area that I was in, I realized this…out of all the places; this is a picture puzzle. Somehow some way, I need to put Aerial’s timeline in order. The problem is I don’t know her history, thanks a lot. I need to find out her history without knowing the history. I walked around to the left-side of the wall with more pictures.

I ran to the beginning of the hallway tunnel. There was a closed old history book. I’d opened the book and read the history.

Aerial was born in September 16, 1688, during the beginning of the Salem Witch trails. At the age of 7, Aerial came in contact with her natural born gift; however, it was awaken by an evil force of nature. When her mother found out about the inevitable discovery, she’d made a promise that her daughter power would remain hidden until the day she die. Aerial’s mother was able to keep that promise until Aerial herself died an unjustified death. With two items that she’d personally placed an essence of herself before her untimely death. The rest remains a mystery until this very day.

I closed the book. I looked at the pictures on the wall. All need to do is look at the wall to see if it matched the description of the history inside of this book. I walked towards the picture where there is a woman giving birth to a baby, but the sex is unknown. I read the description on the bottom.

The Unfortunate Birth brought new life.

I walked on the other side of the tunnel.

Discovery Of Witches are hunted.

I continued down the alleyway. Once I’ve reached the last one, this is what puzzled me the most---NOT!!!

Rebirth is a part of life essence.

The dead-end wall began to open a brand new area. This time with a body laying down in a coffin. The body had rotten flesh on its bones; on the other hand, that is not what I was looking at. There was an intriguing “rare” item. Knowing the consequences, I took the item and backed away slowly. The lights went on and the candles lit with reddish fire. As I predicted, the body came to life. It jump out of the coffin with its hands on blazing fire.

The fire demon charged at me. I did a roundhouse kick to knock the demon to the wall. Instantly, the demon got back on its feet and charged again. Since it was only one demon, I didn’t want to do a crazy combo. In fact, I used the Stinger addition with the Million Stab. Once the demon was dead, more of them showed up for some fun time.

“Now this is a party!!!” I yelled in excitement.

I began to shooting with Ebony and Ivory to this flammable demons that is just launching themselves at me. I had rolled over to the other side of the playing field then I used an up closed stinger. I continued to use Ebony and Ivory on the demons until I’ve switched to Cerberus. While I was using Cerberus, I can see the demons turned to stone by Cerberus’s touch. Once I had saw that I used the shotgun to shatter the rest of the remains. And thus I realized that all I need to use is Cerberus. They’re no different from the Blood Gargoyle that I’d encountered 10 or 15 years ago. Once I defeat them. I made my way to the next stage.

******

So, that is it? This is the reason why I was chosen for this so-called ceremony?

This wasn’t my idea nor is it my concern.

But it is your concern, Vergil.

No its not!!! This is Dante’s business and when he is out the way either if he is dead or alive, I will have the power of Sparda to myself.

And you think he will allow you to have that power?

As I stood looking at the window in the night sky, I wonder did I made any sense to Vergil. It is pretty obvious that he’s using Vergil to some extent one way or another. But the one thing that hurts me those is that I’m the ceremonial priestess. Not because I can read the scripture, because Esia and I are so close we see each other as sisters from another mother or father. It hurts. It hurts just thinking about the outcome if was complete.

I’d saw Vergil’s reflection in window. I turned around to face him.

“Did he answered your question?” I asked.

Vergil walk towards the bed and sat down.

“Not all of it,” he said.

I sat next to him. I felt the need hoping that he’ll answer my question.

“Before now, what is it that you was looking for?” I asked.

"Power," he answered.

"There are other things out there besides---power," I said kindly.

He looked my way with those cold and heartless eyes.

“All I need is power,” he said.

“Power isn’t everything,” I faintly said.

“Power is everything. Power control everything. Without that power you can’t protect anything,” he said.

“So, does that mean he has power over you?!” I dared to ask.

There was silence in the room. No body didn’t say a word. A pen didn’t drop. But the only that thing I heard is the sound of a fearful person heartbeat. And that person----is me. I’m so scared I don’t know what to do. I hope he doesn’t kill me.