Status: Completed

Esia's Protector

Sibling Deathmatch

After fighting a couple or few or more demons, I kind of gotten pretty bored fighting the same ole kind. But this is very lame. I have the item but what should I do now? Once I’d made it out of the tunnel and into the beautiful field of a garden outside the castle. I can breathe in the fresh air that is here. I saw a bench and just decided to take a break. While my vision is getting blurry.

***

I stood towards the window looking at the moon to appear out of nowhere. I turned on my heels and sat down on the bed. I know that---I know that there just got to be a way out here. Out of this castle. Dante where are you? I’d heard the door opened and the woman holding a black rabbit was in her hand.

The woman stood in front of me as she was petting the rabbit.

“Are you here to put my hopes down?” I asked.

“No,” she said.

“Then why are you here?” I asked.

She’d looked at the rabbit and lay down on the bed beside me.

“He wanted to see you,” she said.

It took a minute for her comment register. I looked at her than the rabbit and back at her again. I felt insulted somehow.

“Stop pulling my chain!” I ordered.

The woman stood there silently and then---

She’s not pulling your chain, she speaks the truth.

My eyes turned to the rabbit direction. And as I glared, it was no longer a rabbit. Now it’s in a form of a handsome man with brown eyes.

“What happened to the cute rabbit on my bed?” I asked.

He held his hands in the air.

“You’re looking at him,” he said.

I shook my head. I sat on the bed next him. I had notice that the woman walked behind us.

“Our master wanted you to perform for him when he gets here,” he said.

The woman walks back to where was standing before me and the man.

“Who is your master?” I asked, “I want to give him a piece of my mind,” I said.

He leaned closer to my ear he whispered---

You already know him.

He got on his feet and walked next to the woman and stopped.

“We have a priestess as well,” he said, “We brought some clothing that suits your---taste,” he finished.

The man and woman left the room. I turned around and happened to see THIS!!! This outfit is so revealing to me. I don’t know what this about to honest, but I know their master, how? I really don’t like this right now. Dante….where are you?

*****

GASP

What was that!? Was that a dream? I stood on my feet ready to continue my journey, I stumbled around the garden. What was happening to me? I saw familiar figure in front of my very eyes; however, I knew who it was.

“Vergil, it has been awhile,” I greeted.

“This isn’t like you brother, you seemed….wasted,” he said.

“Yeah, but I can still kick your ass,” I taunted.

This was strange, he didn’t pull out his sword. Maybe, because of his code of honor. Vergil walked towards the blueish green flower. He unsheathe his Yamato just a little bit.

In a blink of an eye, he had the flower petal in his hand. Vergil, my “dear” brother approached me with his so-called cold eyes. I can barely stand on my feet. And I believed he noticed it.

“I hate to help you out,” he said.

“Then don---,” he cut across me by quick chopping my throat with his hand.

I’d dropped to my knees. He’d grabbed my head back by my hair. Placed his hand on my jaw, forced my mouth opened and dripped the flower petal juice into my mouth.

Once all the juice was in my mouth, he turned loosen his grip on my jaw. I’m going to lie, the juice from the flower that Vergil squeezed was in fact replenish majority of my health.

“I’ll be seeing you soon, Dante,” he said as he walks away.

That wasn’t strange at all, but I can understand why he didn’t want to fight me in my weaken state. I stood on my feet. And went to follow his path, nothing didn’t show up, but I know I had to face him before I proceed, besides I still owe him one. Once I’ve reached the opened area, I saw Vergil and Janet standing there.

“You showed up; feeling better?” he asked.

“Before or after you quick strike my throat?” I asked.

“Either will be fine on how you see it, but I just can’t bare fighting my weaken brother,” he said.

“It doesn’t really matter, you owe rematch,”

“I know,” he said as he reached for his sword.

******

I stood there watching Dante and Vergil literally about to square off against each other. I don’t know what clicked in my mind. My body moved on its own standing between the brothers with my arms stretch wide

“Don’t do this, Dante,” I said.

“Get out of the way, Janet,” Dante said.

“But he’s your brother, Dan—,” I got interrupted/

“Janet!” Vergil called me.

I turn to look him.

“Step aside… now,” he said with warning.

There was nothing else I could do to stop them from fighting each other. As they wanted me too. I stepped aside behind a rock not knowing if it was safe or not. But I’m getting this twisted feeling in my stomach like; they wanted to fight.

It has to be some sort of sibling rivalry fetish going on between those two. The brothers was circling around each other waiting to see who was going to make the first move. And just like that they’ve vanished from my sight.

I couldn’t see anything but puddles from rain drops. Wait. Rain drops? I’ve looked at the sky and indeed, there were storm clouds over us. I went further in the distance. But I had other things in my mind. I wanted no, I need to free Esia, but I don’t know where she’s being kept.

As I figured, the brothers are too fast for me to watch them. So, this was my chance to look for my friend. I turned on my heels, but… Vergil know what I was thinking.

“Going somewhere?” he asked.

I shook my head.

He stood there gazing at me. Dante showed up behind him. Vergil blocked his attack then they continued to fight. What am I going to do? I can’t just sit here and do nothing. Esia, please be okay until Dante and I find you.