Status: Completed

Esia's Protector

You Know The Name

After a long battle in the Demon World I had to take a break. It has been months. I had got off my motorcycle, I didn’t realized that Lucia has been waiting for me back in my shop.

“Dante, I’m glad that you’ve returned.”

I took the motorcycle helmet off my head.

“Lucia, you’re not the only one that I returned.”

I placed the helmet on the left side of my motorcycle handle. I got off my bike and headed towards the shop. Lucia took off my jacket and placed it on the hanging stand. I on the other hand, headed straight to my desk. I'd done my usual. Expect that the telephone wasn’t ringing. Which is not surprisingly unusual.

“Has there been any calls since I been gone?”

“Yes, quite a lot actually, Mr. Dante. I took care of them.”

“Thank you, Lucia.”

“Is there anything that you want me to do before I leave?”

I thought about the choices: either vacation or keep trying to make money for Lady to take it away from me in the end. I gotta be honest; liked the payment that was supposed to be given to me; however, I guess saving the world is more important than that. I made a decision in my head.

“Yes. I’m going on a vacation. And I’ll just sit back and relax.”

“Okay.”

Lucia came behind my desk. She pulled out one of my drawers and took out a piece of paper and black maker. I didn’t know what Lucia was writing until she had got finished with it. After she was finished; Lucia showed me. ON VACATION FOR ONE WEEK.

“That will do.”

We put the paper inside the door and had it visible from the inside. After that Lucia left. Pretty much leaving me alone. The battles from “The City of Uroboros” to “The Demon World” to clawing my way out of the Demon World. I needed a vacation and a pretty good one, too.

I stepped into a hot shower to wash away the aches and pains that was on my body. Doing the things that I had to wasn’t my style like releasing half the forbidden power of the demon world, but it had to be done.

After I'd got out the shower. I dried myself good. I felt like a brand new person. I approached my radio and cut on some music.

WELCOME TO ANY GENRE YOU VOTE FOR. I HAD VERITY OF YOUNG PEOPLE JUST WANTED TO HEAR THIS WOMAN SING, AND BELIEVE ME SHE CAN SANG. THIS SONG IS FROM ESIA HENDERSON WITH I’LL BE YOUR HOME.

The instrumental had played for about 15 seconds, and I was beginning to get little bored. I didn’t expect to hear her voice for the very first time so early in the song. I put the volume on max. And I usually listen to rock, but I guess I’ll make this an excuse to listen to the singer.

The instrumental itself says (figuratively) it was a song to relax. Meaning you have someone waiting for you, when you get back from all the hellish adventures that you been through. But it was something about her voice that put my heart at ease. I walked back to my chair and just listened to her sweet melody from the radio. My mouth began to move automatically as through I knew the song, even though I didn’t because this is my first time hearing this song. When the song had finished. I came back to my senses. As I heard the radio host speaking about the singer.

“I need a break.”

I got out of my chair, cut off the lights, and headed upstairs to my room to end the night.

ELSEWHERE

I was inside my studio working on my moves. I have an hour before my concert begins, but every time I start my practice, something is thrown or fired at me. It’s a good thing I have quick reflexes. This time as I did my practice nothing happened. I was at peace or so I had thought. Once I was about to do my last step. A knife was flying straight towards my eye. I’ve barely dodged the shot. I needed protection and I knew I did. I ran towards my dad.

“Dad, this the last time that someone is trying to kill me.”

My dad was sitting in chair while my twin sister, Charlene was just cleaning her nails. Dad placed the newspaper on the coffee table. Britany had this concern look on her face, but she is being consider the black sheep of the family by Pa.

“What happened?”

“What happened? What happened is that a knife was aiming at my eye. For crying out loud someone is trying to kill me. I need protection man.”

“You need to relax.”

He stood on his feet. Father put his hands on my bare shoulders.

“Take me to the rehearsal room, Esia.”

“Follow me.”

I guided my dad and Charlene to the room where the knife had flown towards my eye. They were wide eyed to see that the wall where that is was leaking blood. I didn’t know what was going on. I faced my father and sister.

“Now do you see, daddy? I need protection.”

“Yes, I see your point.”

Brittany followed us with the house phone.

“Dad.”

He turned around to face Brittany.

“The client wishes to speak with you about the concert.”

He approaches Britany and took the phone and left. My sisters approached me. Britany placed her arms around me in comfort.

“Are you okay?”

“Ye—No, I’m not okay. Someone is trying to kill me.”

“It could be a secret admire, Esia. You never know.”

I felt annoyed by Charlene’s retort, but I had to be the adult and just ignore her. Dad came back.

“I’ll call for your protection, but the show goes on.”
“Okay.”

One hours later

I changed into that outfit. I was standing in front of the mirror. My sisters were going to be my backup singers. My father told me not to sing the other song, sing I’ll be your home instead. The woman approached me.

“Esia, you are ready.”

I took a deep breath and walked behind the yellow silk curtains. My hands was shaking, but it wasn’t out nervousness of the crowd, instead it was the fact that someone might try to attempt to assassinate me. I carefully listened to the announcer. Once my name were called the curtains pulled up. I stood as the instruments play for 15 seconds. And I started singing.

Don't look back
Don't regret
Time's falling out of these hands
I'll let you leave me

Go on,
You know Home is always inside your soul
I took a couple of breaths.
All the light to bless your way
Don't be afraid
And I'll be your home

In this time
In this place
This moment is all we have
And tomorrow we never know

Tears ran down my cheek.

Every precious time
Let it go
Somewhere away
You will learn, and you'll love,
Forgive the past and you can move on

All the distance
You've come to a place (Come to a place)
Then you see that your home is away
Now the sun is rising
Lighting up your sky again brightly

Every precious time
Let it go
Somewhere away
You will learn, and you'll love,
Forgive the past

Go on,
You know Home is always inside your soul
Wherever you go
Whatever you see
I'll be the place
And I'll be your home.

There were silence and the crowd cheered loudly. My sister walked next to me. We took a bow and lift the stage. As we have arrived backstage. I asked the producer have he seen my father. But he shook his head. I went to my dressing room and changed into this.

As I was leaving there was a note on my mirror. It reads: Roses are red. Roses are blue. But a good look at you I can’t stop trying to kill you.

I dropped the note and ran out the building. I knew of one place that’ll guarantee my safety or so I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the second chapter of my fan fiction. I DO NOT own the song I'll be your home. The artist Oikawa Rin. If there are any errors let me know. Also, please comment and subscribe. Thank you! ^_^