Status: Completed

Esia's Protector

My name is Fury

It looks like I’ve made it to the door that held the ritual. I looked down at the black rabbit that was looking at me, as though it was waiting for me to respond to it. Come to think of it. Was this rabbit even normal? For some odd reason, I couldn’t tell or sense if the animal was a demon. I shook the idea out of my head.

I placed my hand on the doorknob. Once I opened the door and crossed the threshold….

“No, not this,” I said to myself.

It appears I started from the beginning before I had cross the door threshold. Having the realization dawned on me. This was none other than a loop that needed to be solved. But how? The rabbit hopped in a distance and turned to face me. Just in case, I readied my guns and devil arms.

“You don’t look surprised, Son of Spared,” it said.

“Should I? I knew there was something kind off about you,” I said, “But I wasn’t exactly sure if it was you that was pulling the strings,” I stated.

The rabbit laughed.

“Ohhhh, poor devil boy. I’ll give a little ease in your heart,” it said mockingly, “Behind me is where the sacrifice is being held but you are going to have to go through me,” it said.

No lie. First I chuckled and I laughed. I’m going to fight this little guy? All I have to do is walk towards it and its poor heart will give out.

“Don’t be serious,” I mocked, “I’m stepping over YOU without caring about your name and I’m going to kicking your leader and my brother’s ass and I’m getting the girls out of there, sweet-cheeks,” I said.

“Sweet-cheeks?” it asked.

The rabbit glowed red and grow into a humanoid figure. A man stood before me with his sword in his hand.

“My name is Fury not sweet cheeks,” he said.

In a blink of an eye. Fury was in front of me with a fast hard swing of his sword. I barely blocked his strike my own sword. I countered his attack with a slash of my own. Once, I was able to get space between us; I quickly switched to the swordmaster technique. Fury thrust his sword near my heart; however, I dodge it in time before the blade pierce my body.

When Fury was in close range, he also dodged my attack and tries to counter with his own. I pulled out Cerberus. Hoping that the ice element could slow him down for a little while. Once he did an air dash, I placed a shield around myself. A piece of the blade shattered the ice shield but I used my gun to shot him out the air.

Meanwhile

Janet and I were being escorted by Vergil and horde of demons. When we reached to bathing area, I took off my shoes and placed my feet in the strange aqua green water. Richard was standing there with his cloak. Richard eyed Vergil before putting his glance on me. Vergil took Janet by the arm and left the room.

“Richard? Please…., I have something important I need to tell you,” I said pleadingly.

“…., Go on,” he said.

I licked my lips and gathered the courage to speak.

“I’m pregnant,” I said finally.

I looked at him in the face. Richard walking in the same water that I’m in and stood in front of me. He sighed as he lifted my head lightly. He smiled.

“Esia, you’re not pregnant,” he said.

“Yes. I—I am,” I stuttered.

“No, you’re not. Since you came inside the castle and I held the item on me. You became expose to its power that has temporarily changed one of eyes,” he said.

I wanted to sank down in the water but Richard wouldn’t let me.

“Exposure is good because that means you can be converted more thoroughly,” he said.

I bit my bottom lip. Richard inched closer to me and places his lips on mine. But I couldn’t fight back or wriggle my way out because he held me tightly in his arms. After he finished kissing me I looked at him with my lips swollen.

“My first and last time kissing a human. Next time, the woman I see is going to be a demon,” he said.

He let me go and left me in the bathing room alone with two other demons.

******

Fury was faster than I thought he would be and for a demonic small rabbit, he can take a lot of punishment. Our swords clashed as we looked into each eyes intensely.

“Well, demon hunter. I think it is time to put this to an end,” he said.

I gritted my teeth before I spoke.

“Your right,” I agreed.

I flipped his sword into the air with my own. Then I used the other sword to pierce his heart. Fury’s sword landed on the floor blade first. I watched as Fury face went pale and fell back releasing his dying body to the cold stone base. He didn’t move for some time but his spirit wasn’t released either. No matter, I had to get Esia and Janet out of this place in one peace.

*****

Dante cleared just about the first floor. However, Trish went to go help him without me. With guns in my hand, nothing seems to be out of the ordinary. How disappointing, they haven’t left any demons for me to kill. I thought to myself the second I heard footsteps running behind me.

I quietly followed to the speeding footsteps and hid myself quietly. As I stood above the two people at the bottom, there were a woman and a man. The woman stood on top of the parlor with a sword in her hand. The man exchanged his hand to help the woman.

I’m no expert in reading lips and I couldn’t exactly hear what was going on. The woman in the ceremonial outfit stepped down the parlor and handed the man the sword. She said something else to him before he turned his back and walked away.

Now the only question remains: Are they planning on running away? Double suicide? Or what? I guess no one will never know but those two but for now, I have to find Trish and Dante to put a peace of mind to Esia’s father.