Status: Completed

Esia's Protector

Good-Bye, Esia

I was able to catch up with Lady in the nick of time. After I was able to recover from that fight against Dhampir, the poison had warren down some. I was limping a little. Humph. I guess that my right leg is a little of place. All I need is to find a perfect spot to put the bones back into place. Once I found the spot, I took a deep breath and did shift kick to the wall which placed my bone back in place.

“Ouch, but I can’t stay here for long,” I said to myself.

I’d stood on my feet and started to sprint. Of course, as always there were demons that I had to have fun with. I pulled out the sword Sparda. Like the unintelligent demons that they are; they came charging into my attacks. One of them almost came close to hitting me. Almost. The last one retreated before I had the chance to finish it off.

Placing the sword onto my back into its sash. I ran fast to catch up with the others. I knew time was running out and I didn’t have that much time to waste. It is now or never when I’m reunited with Lady and Trish.

****

As I’m getting dressed into the robe that the demons had picked out for me to wear. I’m…. afraid. I didn’t want to die. I don’t want to become a demon, ever!

“Dante,” I called out tearfully.

The second I called out his name. The doors that were closed and the demons that were supposed to keep me guarded burst through the doors while turning into ash. There standing in the light of a silhouette was none other than the answers to my prayers.

“DANTE!!!!” I yelled out excitedly.

I lifted up the hem of my dress and ran towards Dante as he ran towards me. We embraced each other and kissed each other. My heart was leaping for joy. We’d stopped kissing each other but my arms was still wrapped around his neck.

“This isn’t a dream, right?” I asked.

“No, Esia. I’m really here,” he said.

We kissed again. We let go of each and Dante grabbed his sword.

“Come on, I’m taking you home,” he said.

As we were leaving the area, Dante and I started to run. For some anonymous reason, I just couldn’t get the sick feeling out of my gut. It was almost as if; my sub-conscience was telling me to turn back and then the sudden realization hit me. I stopped in my tracks and so did Dante.

“What is the matter, Esia?” he asked.

“This seems way too easy,” I pointed out.

Suddenly I saw a flash of red electric light flashed on the back Dante’s neck. Dante fell down in agony. I’d tried to comfort him but the demons were in my way. Richard, approached Dante with confidence.

“I’m glad you escorted Esia safely to the ceremonial area,” he proceeded, “Alas, she shall be reborn into a “new” creature, and I want you to watch,” he said.

Richard head nodded the demons to take me towards the room; however, my heart ache for Dante. Somehow, that shock damaged him. Richard grabbed Dante by one of legs and started to drag him alone the way.

Inside the Ceremonial Room

“Don’t fear death. Death comes for all those that are on the earth.” My grandmother says.

I lay tied down on the altar, ready to be sacrifice. Janet was the priestess with the book opened. Her eyes were streaming with tears. I wanted to cry, too. But why couldn’t I? The demon handed Janet the dagger.

The days of the conversion is the day when all men must bow to the transformation from to light to darkness and from darkness to light. I, here by decide to convert the creature of the light to the creature of the dark.

Janet lean down to my ear.

“I’m sorry,” she whispered.

A tear ran down my face.

Janet sliced Richards hand with a dagger then she cut my arm. My blood and Richard’s blood were in the same cup. However, his blood completely took over mine. Janet hand began to shake. She dived the knife inside the cup and walked over to the where my stomach was.

Switch. Switch. Switch. The demons begin to chant the same words. But I don’t know how many times. The last words I heard, was Dante’s voice screaming no before I felt the knife drove into my flesh. I saw nothing but darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello! I am sorry for the long wait. However, this is my newest chapter only five more chapters to go. If there are any errors let me know. Please leave a comment, subscribe, and reccommend. Thank you!!! ^__^