Status: Completed

Esia's Protector

A Better Day

“NO!!!!!” I yelled out as I burst out of the demons’ grasp towards Esia’s side.

I reached out towards her once coca brown skin, now gray with her eyes sealed shut. Gone. Esia, the woman whom I loved is now gone. I’d heard the dagger dropped to the floor along with Janet’s knees. I looked over to my right. Janet is in much pain as I am because she had to be murder, no, “sacrifice” her best friend.

“Fear not Dante, Esia is going to be one of us. After all she is now a demon,” Richard said.

Out of rage, I rushed towards Richard, but Vergil intercept me.

“It seems as though you loath the idea of having a demonized Esia,” he said, “No mater, you will die,” he said.

Vergil flung the attack of my sword away. It was me vs. the horde of demons vs. Vergil.

“You both will”

The battle was intense back and forward, but I was starting to get exhausted. Even I was also facing my brother, he was slicing away at the demons that was blocking him from me. My eyes glanced over towards Janet who was now looking at the book.

My attention turned back to the horde that was charging at me. When Vergil finally reached me; our swords clashes, and my bullets were flying.

“Vergil, Richard isn’t going to give you power. He’s been promising you lies,” I barked.

But Vergil said nothing. Heartbeat. Heartbeat. Heartbeat All eyes turned to the now reawakening Esia. Her eyes opened from brown to a bright red color. Esia, is now demonized. And a sudden realization hits me, and it hurts my heart to say. I have no other choice but to slay her.

****

As I was flipping pages left and right to see if there was anything I could do to reverse the spell. Once I’d found the reversal spell, I’d felt a surge of hot energy coming from the main source, Esia. I did what any other nervous person would do…., smile.

You dare try to reverse the transformation, Janet?,” she’d asked coldly.

“N—No, I was just going to go about my business is all,” I lied.

Then…. let me help you,” she said.

With a single wave of hand, I flown away from the book and away from the area. A force like that felt as though it was a really, REALLY powerful gust of wind. I landed hard on the floor. However, though the force was strong, I think I hit my rib on one of the temple pillars. In my now blurry vision, Richard was approaching her with a sly smile on his face.

“Esia. To me, the most once was a beautiful human…. now the most beautiful demon that I ever seen,” he awed.

Esia looked at him smiling back towards Richard.

***

What happened to me? I looked around my surroundings and see that my area is in the vortex of darkness. Then I remembered that Janet were forced to sacrifice me. Dante couldn’t save me in time. In my heart was pure sadness as the tears filled my eyes.

“Dante…,” I called out to him with tears in my eyes.

What seem to trouble you, young soul?

As I turned around to see the sudden sweet voice behind me. I saw a woman a bit taller than myself. No doubt this woman has beautiful silk black hair, sea blue eyes with pale skin. Her outfit seems to be that of the 17th century. She had a kind stance but something about her is off. I just can’t find out what.

“My name is Flenur,” she introduced herself.

“Esia,” I responded.

“Tell me what the matter is?” she’d asked.

“I’m trapped here in this vortex and I don’t know what to do,” I proceeded, “All I know is that I was tied up and--and my best friend killed me,” I said broken heartedly.

The woman laughed innocently.

“You’re not dead, Esia. Our souls just merely switched,” she said smiling.

I shook my head.

“Hahaha don’t get me wrong darling. Richard has been searching for a suitable body for me for centuries. Each of them failed to hold my soul and power until today,” she said as she looked through my vision.

“What do you mean? How are able to talk to me and control my body at the same time?” I asked.

Flenur smirked.

“I’m talking to you subconsciously but the rest of me is in control until your completely consumed into the vortex,” she said.

“No, you may have my body, but my soul and my love for Dante are stronger than yours and Richard combine,” I’d reassured her.

As Flenur and I had a stare down. I can see that Richard and my Flenur fighting Dante and seems to be Vergil. What just happened? Did I miss something?

****

Richard caresses Esia face gently while he turned to look at us. In my peripheral vision, Janet is slowly taking her time to towards the book of conversion. Dante stood on his feet as the last remaining demons were no more. It was just me against him and the power that Richard has sworn to me. Richard faced us with a begrudging smirk on his face, what could he be…. (sigh), right.

“I never expect for the sons of Sparda to be such a mere pawn in my hands,” he proceeded, “Dante, her father (pointing at Esia) hired you to protect her. Do you want to know why besides it being your job?” he asked.

Dante waited for the answer.

“I needed you to keep her safe until the day of the ritual. I used him and used you,” he proceeded, “I didn’t want Esia as a human. I needed her body to the soul carrier of my beloved, Flenur,” Richard stated.

He turned his back to face the now Flenur in Esia’s body.

Of course, I couldn’t let everything be so easy, now couldn’t I? Vergil, your so stuck on the lust for absolute power until it blinds you even after your death and resurrection…., such a tool,” he said.

Before my mind could ever process, my body reacted to his words and so has Dante. However, Flenur power is so powerful that it knocked us both backward toward the stony wall. We landed on our backs then to our feet. We readied our stances before we can plan our next attack. On the other hand, Esia’s body began to shiver.

“What’s the matter?” Richard asked.

“Dante, Dante please help me,” she pleaded.

She shook her head and her eyes turned back to being demonic.

“Let’s not harm Esia, but rather let’s go around her,” said Dante.

“That is if she let us,” I said.

Dante head motioned towards Janet. I saw as Janet reached the book. Silently enchanting the reversal spell to bring back her friend. Annoyed by this, I agreed to Dante’s terms and we’d did our best to go pass Flenur. In each passing moment, I noticed that her movements were getting weaker and weaker. Flenur dropped to her knees weaken by the spell that Janet was casting.

***

Flenur was being weaken and besides since its not HER body on the plus side, her abilities are limited. Richard interfered with our plans (excluding Janet), he brought he very own sword, a shadow variation of the Rebellion. Like what we did with Arkam some years back, the sons of sparda (Vergil and myself) worked together. Without hesitation, Vergil and I rushed Richard together since Flenur was going out of commission due to Janet’s enchantment.

The battle continues as me and Vergil was nearly on our breaking point. Suddenly, a missile fused with lighting is shot towards Richard. He went down to one knee before looking towards Lady and Trish’s direction. As expected, he left the now Flenur weaken side. Vergil pulled Janet closer to Flenur.

“Richard,” she called weakly.

Richard turned around to see that Janet, Vergil and I is there to make sure that Esia is back to being human. This predicament left Richard in a spot, what will he choose, Lady and Trish or saving Flenur? It took Richard a long time to make the decision. He made the decision by coming our way as expected.

With driven force, we were pushing against Richard but the more we push the faster and harder he fought. He took out Lady and Trish first. Before Janet could finished the final step, he kicked Trish towards Janet stopping her in the process. Then he focused his attention was on me and Vergil. All three of us went devil trigger making the fight more interesting.

***

I struggled to stand on my feet. While the brothers were fighting Richard, I’d quickly did the enchantment. I can see Esia’s body is lifting itself up with ease. I continued the spell quickly. Took the dagger, cut a piece of my skin, carefully placing my blood in my mouth.

Before I can make the final move. I took a deep steady breather. Raised the dagger, then injected the blade inside of Esia’s body. I can see the light beaming from Esia’s body. Then, she’d dropped to the floor. By that time, I can see Vergil and Dante injected their swords into Richards body.

Smoke was coming out of Richards body.

“You sneaky bastard, you placed Holy water on your sword,” he said.

Before Dante could respond, Vergil took his sword and beheaded him.

“Let’s go,” Vergil ordered.

***

I ran over to Esia. I’d lifted her into my arms. I called out to her a couple of times. Finally, her brown eyes were shown before me.

“Is it over?” she asked.

“Yeah, its over,” I answered.

We shared our kiss. Releasing her grip. We stood on our feet. Then we’d all headed for the exit.

9 Years Later

It has been nine years now and lot has happened. My shop has gotten destroyed and Esia paid off the bills and loans that I’ve borrowed from Lady. In fact, she’d had the shop rebuild as a business and home. However, that’s not all she done Esia retired from her singing career. Vergil and Janet have gotten married and has three kids together, two boys and a girl, their names are: Max, Shan and Veronica.

Esia and I are now married and is expecting our own soon. I still can’t believe that she’s only 6 months into her trimester. As for me, I still find the thrill to hunt down demons.

Phone rings x3, Dante hits the table with his feet as the phone is tossed into the air. Esia catches the phone. Dante looks at her.

“Hello. Hold on one sec,” she said.

Esia bent down to whisper in Dante’s ear.

“Its for you,” she said.

Esia left the room.

“Yeah, could hang up the phone and call within a second. Thank you,” I said.

Phone rings x3, once again I hit the table with my feet as the phone is tossed into the air. This time I’ve caught the phone. You wanna know the name?

“Devil May Cry,”

[The End]