Unexpected Love

Superbowl

Eden woke up with a major hangover but Colin was there to take care of her. She sobered up just before she had to sign her paperwork. After that was done Colin took her out to a movie. He wanted to talk to her about last night’s events.
They found seats clear at the top since Colin was so tall. During the previews he leaned over to her to talk in her ear.
“So how are you doing?” he whispered.
“Fine. We should really see that.” she whispered back not taking her eyes off the screen.
“I meant are you ok from yesterday? Have you talked to your mom?”
“Yea, she and I are fine. I’m not talking to Jack though. He’s such a dick. By the way we get Harper the weekend after the super bowl. That movie looks awesome.”
“Cool. So are we good?”
“Yes. You’re starting to piss off the people in front of us sweetie.” She said patting his leg.
“Fine I’ll be quiet, even if it is just the previews.” He whispered loudly.
During the movie Colin was thinking about what Tanya had said. Did Eden really talk about their sex life?
“So you think I’m orgasmic?” he whispered into her ear seductively.
“What are you talking about?”
“Tanya said that you said I’m orgasmic in bed.” he said as he nibbled on her earlobe.
“She did? I don’t remember saying that.” she said teasing him.
“I guess I’ll have to make you remember then.” He said working his way down her neck.
Eden was trying not to laugh.
“Colin stop! It tickles!” she whispered loudly.
“No.” he said.
“Colin we’re in public in a movie theatre. I don’t want to get banned from here.”
“There’s plenty of other theatres baby.” He said finding her weak spot.
“Don’t give me a hickey.” She warned.
“I won’t.”
After a few minutes of him teasing her, she couldn’t take it anymore.
“If you don’t stop I’m going to rip off your pants and have my way with you here where everyone can see.” she whispered trying to pry him off of her.
“Go for it babe.” He said moving his hands up and down her body.
“Colin.” she half moaned and half whined.
“I say it’s time we leave.”
“You think? You better drive fast.”
They made it home in record time. Shedding their clothes before they even made it upstairs. When they were finished they lay wrapped in each other’s arms.
“Oh crap!” Eden exclaimed.
“What?”
“We leave in like 4 hours and we haven’t packed anything.” she said jumping out of bed scrambling to get things done.
“Why are you just lying there? Get up and help me!”
Colin continued to lay there watching her stumble around. He’d give her another five minutes before he told her they didn’t leave until tomorrow.
“Colin! Seriously we’re going to be late.”
“No we’re not.”
“Oh really? And how do you know that?” she said putting her hands on her hips.
“Because it’s only Monday. We leave on Tuesday.” He said matter of factly.
“And did you forget your coach called this morning and said we needed to be there by tonight?”
Colin’s smugness fell and his eyes went wide and jumped out of bed. He’d totally forgotten. He got all his gear and the rest of the stuff he needed. Jeremy and Tanya agreed to watch the house so they didn’t have to worry about leaving the dog.
Finally they got to the airport and boarded the plane with the rest of the team and their respective families. When the flight landed they were taken to their hotel rooms for the week. It was amazing how many fans were there to greet them.
“You want to go check out Bourbon Street?” Eden asked Colin.
“I don’t think you and any street named after alcohol should be mixed together.” He said jokingly.
“You’re not going to let me live that down are you?”
“Nope. It was pretty hilarious. You should see the videos.”
“What videos?”
“You and Tanya thinking you’re playing Mario cart. You didn’t even have the game set up all the way. And you guys thought you were racing.” He said laughing at her.
“Give me your phone.” She said reaching for his pocket.
“Why?”
“I want to see this video.”
“No. You’ll delete it.” he said holding his phone above his head, knowing she couldn’t reach.
“What else is there?” she glared at him.
“You’re singing or I should say attempting to sing Thriller and dance to it.” he started laughing again.
“Oh God.” She said covering her face.
“It was cute. You fell on your ass but it was cute.” He said laughing.
“I’m going to bed.”
“Oh come on babe, don’t be that way I’m just messing with you.”
He sighed and turned around. Eden snuck up on him and grabbed his phone and ran into the bathroom. She locked it just in time before Colin reached the door. She was scrolling through his phone trying to find the videos and she couldn’t find them. She opened the door to find a very smug looking Colin leaning in the doorway.
“You suck.” She said handing him his phone.
“I love when I get you going.”
“You’re going to love sleeping on that couch tonight.”
“Seriously? I have practice first thing in the morning. I can’t sleep on that.” he said pointing to the couch.
“If you apologize you can sleep with me and I might give you a massage after practice.”
“I’m really, really sorry for teasing you.” he said giving her his puppy dog eyes.
“Do you really think I would make you sleep on the couch? Have I ever made you sleep on the couch?”
He thought about it and shook his head no.
“You can make me mad to the point where I don’t want to be around you but I always have to sleep in the same bed with you no matter what. I can’t sleep without my big ole’ teddy bear.”
“Are you saying I’m fat?” he said in mock horror.
“Yes Colin you’re ginormous.” She said sarcastically. “Dork. You’re just easy to snuggle up to. And you keep my warm.” she said wrapping her arms around him.
“Come on lets go to bed so you can snuggle with your big, strapping, handsome teddy bear.” He said flexing.
“Full of yourself much?” she said poking his bicep.
“Only when you’re around.” He said.
“Come on. I’m tired and you have to be up early.” She said dragging him by the arm to the bed.
“Night Edy bug.”
“Night.” She said snuggling up to him.
At 5 AM Colin’s alarm went off. It was time to start practicing for the super bowl. The next few days went like this. Colin would get up at 5, be at the practice facility at 7 and come back to the hotel at 6. He was the first one there and the last one to leave. Only one more day to the super bowl and tensions are running high. He wanted this more than the championship.
“Ok time for pre-game ritual. I got the Disney movies, sour patch kids and the popcorn. That’s it right?” Eden asked.
“Yep.” he said popping ‘Finding Nemo’ into the DVD player.
Eden knew not to talk about the game. Watching movies was his way relaxing and getting into game mode.
When ‘Finding Nemo’ was over he put in ‘Despicable Me’. By 10:30 Eden was asleep in Colin’s lap. He was too anxious and excited to sleep. When the movie was over he moved Eden to the other side of the couch and put in another movie. He settled back on the couch and halfway through his third movie he fell asleep. Eden woke up an hour later, noticing she wasn’t in bed. She saw Colin slumped over on the couch, mouth wide open and softly snoring.
She reached over and gently shook his arm.
“Colin. Colin wake up. Let’s go sleep in the bed.” she said trying to stir him awake.
“I don’t wanna.” He whined.
“Come on. Your neck will be killing you in the morning if you sleep here.”
His tall form got up from the couch and collapsed on the bed within 5 minutes. Eden followed right behind.
Eden woke up before Colin the next day. He didn’t have to be at the arena until noon so she figured she’d let him sleep. He needed it but she knew it wouldn’t take long for his restlessness to kick in and he’d be up rearing to go. Just as she predicted he started to toss and turn in his sleep. 15 minutes later he was sitting on the side of the bed yawning and wiping the sleep out of his eyes.
“Morning princess.” Eden said
“Ha-ha very funny.” He said coming over to give her a hug.
“Morning sexy.”
“That’s better.” He said kissing her.
“So full of yourself.”
“Nope just confident.” He said smugly.
“Some can perceive that confidence as you being cocky.” She pointed out.
“Oh well.”
“So what’s on the agenda for this morning?”
“Press conferences, interviews, a little practice and then we play.”
“Seems exciting.” She said brightly.
“Yea.”
She could sense he was nervous.
“You’ll do great. Your family is here. I’m here. We’re proud of you and we have faith that you can do it.”
“I hope so.”
“Alright let’s go meet your parents for breakfast or something. Get your mind on something else until it the game. I’m afraid you’re going to stress yourself out.”
“This is a big deal.”
“I know. And I’m nervous for you. But I want to knock some of this tension out so you can focus.” She said rubbing his shoulders.
“I know a way.”
“No. No more sex. We are meeting your parents.”
“Awe come on.” He whined.
“Nope. Don’t even give the puppy dog eyes. They no longer work on me.” She said walking away.
“Fine I’ll go get ready.”
While she was waiting for Colin to get ready she got a text from her brother Jeremy.
Hey little sis, how’s Colin doing?
Nervous. He doesn’t want to talk about the game so I’m taking him to breakfast to get his mind off it hopefully.
He wants it bad huh?
You have no idea. I want it for him.
Now Eden you can’t go out and tell the other team to forfeit just so your boy can win.
LOL wouldn’t it be nice though. I hate when he loses. He’s so grumpy and bulls up.
Just have sex with him.
OMG! Jeremy! What is it with you two and sex?
LMAO! We’re guys. That’s all we think about. Just ask Tanya.
No thanks LOL
By the way we have some pretty exciting news.
She’s pregnant isn’t she?
Really??? How did you know?
Well you said exciting so that either means you got a dog or you’re having a baby =]
Yes but don’t tell anyone yet.
I won’t.
I’m serious. Not even Colin.
Well that’s not fair I tell him everything.
Fine only Colin!
Yay! Well I GTG Colin’s ready. Bye soon to be daddy
Bye soon to be Aunt Eden! Oh and tell Colin good luck!
I will =]
“Colin guess what?“ she said bouncing in her seat.
"You found the liquor cabinet and had some tequila.” He said joking.
“No. Guess who’s having a baby?”
Colin’s heart dropped and he felt his stomach in his throat. His mind started racing and he started to inhale sharp intakes of air.
“Tanya and Jeremy. Isn’t that exciting?” she said happily
Colin’s breathing returned to normal and he let out a sigh of relief.
“I thought for sure you were going to say we were having a baby.”
“As much as I love you. I don’t want kids right now. You’re quite the handful. Plus I want to be married before we start a family.”
“Good so we’re on the same wave length.”
“Yep. We really need to go I don’t want to keep your family waiting. Oh and don’t tell anyone that Tanya’s pregnant.”
“I won’t.”
After a nice breakfast with Colin’s family it was time for him to head to the arena. They got to go with him but had to stay out of the way. So they sat in their seats and talked. Finally Colin came on the field to practice. Eden would never get used to seeing him work out. The way he could stretch and move his body was enough to send her into a frenzy.
Colin’s sister in law tapped her on the shoulder and politely told her to close her mouth, she was starting to drool. Everyone shared a good laugh over that. When Colin got a few minutes of spare time he came over to get pictures with his family and Eden. Before Eden and Colin took a picture together they were embracing each other, smiling at one another and quietly talking. They were in their own little world when they noticed a click of a camera on a phone. His mom said it was too cute of a picture not to take.
Before it was game time Eden went to change into her #7 jersey and to send Colin a quick message telling him she loved him and good luck. When she came back all the players were on the field ready to play. The crowd was cheering loudly. Adrenaline was pumping through everyone. The first half was not their best with only 3 points on the board. During the second half everyone had to sit through a power outage.
Finally the game started up again. The guys were starting to get some points on the board and her man scored a touchdown! Before they knew it the game was over. She was so upset Colin lost. You could see the disappointment clear on his face.
When they met back at the hotel Eden had everything ready to go. Colin didn’t say much and she knew he wouldn’t. He just grabbed their stuff and they headed towards the airport. When they got on the plane he put his headphones on and listened to his music. She grabbed his hand and held it. She figured this would be a better way of comforting him then trying to talk. He looked at her and gave her a small smile but it didn’t reach his eyes. She sent him a text. She didn’t want anyone to hear them talking.
I’m sorry =’[
It’s not your fault. I should’ve played better.
It’s not just you Colin. You’re a whole team.
Yea but I’m supposed to be the one to lead them
And you did your best. I’m proud of you. You got this far. You can always do it again next year.
I know
Harper had my mom text me. She wants to come this week to see us. Well mainly you. She doesn’t care about me anymore. You’re her Colin =[
This made him smile a little.
I can’t wait to see her. She’s my BFF!
LOL! Well that’s good because my mom’s bringing her on Tuesday and she’ll be with us until Thursday and you my dear have to win me 50 bucks.
I got this babe.
You better ;)
They smiled at each other and enjoyed each other’s company for the rest of the flight.