Unexpected Love

New Begginings

After Eden had texted Colin they made plans to hang out that upcoming weekend since they both didn’t have to work. They planned to go to dinner and then to see where things went from there.
It was Friday night and Eden was finishing up her paperwork when her phone vibrated.
Hi Edy Bug we still on for tomorrow?
Hi Colin. I guess I can still make time for you tomorrow ;)
You better. I’ve been looking forward to this all week J
I was just kidding Kaep. We’re still on. I will meet you at 7.
Yay!! Boy that just made me sound like a girl LOL
You’re a dork. See you tomorrow!
Night Edy!
Eden put her phone away with a smile on her face. She was excited to see Colin tomorrow but she knew she had to keep her walls up. She also had to tell him she was single. Which he would be happy about.
Eden decided to put off the rest of her paperwork for Monday, she was just in too good of a mood to concentrate on work right now.
When Eden got home she was greeted by Colin sitting on her front porch. Eden felt sudden panic wash over her.
“Colin is everything ok?”
“Yea.”
There was a moment of awkward silence.
“So what are you doing sitting on my porch at almost 9 at night?”
“Well I was wondering if you wanted to hang out now too. I’m really bored.”
“Wow, the football star doesn’t have a date tonight?”
“No.” Colin said a little sad.
“I was just playing with you Colin. We can hang out.”
Colin’s face lit up like a Christmas tree, he was so happy she said yes.
“Do you want to hang out here? I mean you just got off work and I don’t think you want to go to a club or anything. And there’s my roommate at my house and I kind of wanted to be alone with you…. as friends.”
“Yea sure. Come on in. Beware though I have a mastiff and he likes to jump on people.”
“Wow you have a really awesome house. So where’s your dog.”
Eden’s dog Brutus came barreling around the corner and jumped on Colin almost knocking him over.
“Colin that’s Brutus.”
Brutus jumped off Colin and ran over to Eden to greet her.
“So what do you want to do?”
“Uh maybe we could watch movies and order pizza or something.”
“Sounds good I’ll go grab the menus. Feel free to look around. And you can pick out a movie. They’re over there on the shelf.”
Colin began looking around at Eden’s pictures.
“I didn’t know you had a kid.”
“I don’t. That’s my sister. She’s 2.”
“Oh sorry. There are just a lot of pictures of you two together. You both look a lot alike.”
“It’s ok. She spends a lot of time with me so she gets mistaken as mine all the time. Here are the menus. You can pick.”
“No you pick.”
“No its ok, you can pick.”
“Really Eden pick. I’m just happy I don’t have to spend Friday night alone.”
“Fine, does Chinese sound good?”
“Sure.”
“Since I picked what we eat you pick the movie.”
Colin nodded and went over to Eden’s movie collection.
“You have a lot of Disney movies.”
“When you have a two year old sister who loves princesses and fairies that’s pretty much all you get to watch.” Eden said with a laugh.
“How about the Incredibles?”
“I do have other movies besides Disney Colin. We can watch whatever.”
“I know. I just really love this movie.”
He was too cute. How could anyone tell him no. how could anyone not want to spend time with this guy? He was absolutely amazing.
“The Incredibles it is!”
Eden did a super hero pose as Colin busted out laughing.
“You’re such a dork Edy.”
“I know.”
They smiled at each other before they were interrupted by Eden’s phone ringing.
“I’m sorry it’s my mom. If I don’t take this she’ll worry.”
“It’s ok. I’ll just put the movie in.”
Eden gave him a nod as to say she heard them as she went into the next room to take her call. 15 minutes later she came out and sat next to Colin on the couch.
“So we’re having dinner at my mom’s house next Friday. She said you have to come since she you’re in the wedding and she hasn’t seen you in ages. If you want you can ride with me there.”
“Uh huh sounds good.” Colin was fixated on the TV screen.
“Colin did you hear what I said?”
“Yea dinners at your moms. And I’m going to ride you.”
After realizing what he had just said, he turned to a mortified looking Eden.
“I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to say that. That was horrible. I really did hear everything you said to me. I was just into the movie and I wasn’t thinking. Eden please believe me.” Colin said in a pleading tone.
“It’s ok. Um I’m flattered you want to ride me. But we’re just friends so that’s not going to happen. Ever.”
“Yea I know Eden.”
Colin turned back to the screen and stared at it blankly. His mind was a million miles away. He did want Eden but not just for sex. He was really into her just because she was herself. She didn’t throw herself at him like the millions of other girls did. She didn’t even follow him on twitter or instagram. She was just a genuinely nice girl who he wanted to be with. As Colin was sitting there thinking something crossed his mind.
“Hey Eden, how’s come you’re not out with your boyfriend?”
Eden had totally forgotten about telling Colin she had a boyfriend.
“Oh we broke up. Just wasn’t working out.”
“I’m sorry to hear that.” Colin said sincerely but deep down was doing a victory dance.
“Eh, it’s no big deal. Turns out he likes guys way better than girls.”
Colin’s face was priceless.
“So he’s gay?”
“Yep. Can’t say I’m surprised I’ve known the guy since I was 14.”
“Wow, yea that’s really Wow…”
The doorbell rang and Eden went to go get their food when Colin stopped her and said he was getting it. Then the two began arguing about who was going to pay. Eden finally won and told Colin he could get it next time.
The two sat in comfortable silence while they ate and watched the rest of The Incredibles. When that movie was over Eden picked for them to watch Step Brothers.During the movie Eden turned towards Colin and said she needed to ask him an important question.
“You can ask me anything Eden.”
“Ok then….. Did you touch my drum set?” she said in her best Dale Doback impression.
That was it for Colin he burst into fits of laugher and Eden joined in. before they knew it Colin had Eden pinned against the couch kissing her. When Eden realized what they were doing she pushed Colin off best she could with his size.
“Eden I’m sorry I don’t know what came over me.”
“I think its best you go now Colin.”
Colin nodded and left but not before he apologized again.
“I’m sorry. I’ll understand if you don’t want to go out with me tomorrow.”
Eden just nodded. Too afraid to trust her own words. She would tell Colin to stay and they would pick up where they left off. She wanted him but she couldn’t let her walls down for him. She watched Colin leave before she broke down into tears.
So much for protecting her heart.