Unexpected Love

New Beginnings & Moving On

From that point on Eden and Colin was a couple. Most of the time they were both working with Colin preparing for the upcoming NFL season. He was the backup quarterback but he always liked to be prepared and in shape just in case. Eden was always buried in paperwork and emergencies and running the zoo. But they made time to talk to each other each night and spent their weekends together.
Colin went with Eden to meet Jeremy and his new fiancé at the airport. It was a happy reunion. Dinner at her parents’ house went just as well. They told their families they were together but they didn’t want anyone else to know. They didn’t want to go public, at least not yet anyway. Eden hit it off with Tanya and told her she would be the maid of honor at their wedding.
For the first few months everything was going smoothly. Colin and Eden were really happy together. They didn’t get to go out much just for the fear of being in the public eye and word getting out Colin had a girlfriend. This weekend it was Eden’s turn to go to Colin’s house since his roommate was going to be gone.
When Eden and Brutus got there they were greeted by Colin’s family. Brutus had also become part of their new extended family. Eden would watch as Colin would play video games with his brother and casually talk with his mother and sister. Everyone was getting along and enjoying each other’s company when the doorbell rang. Eden said told everyone to stay put and enjoy their time with Colin while she answered the door.
“Hi can I help you?” Eden greeted.
“Yea I’m looking for Colin.” The stranger said.
“May I ask who you are?”
“I’m his girlfriend.”
Eden felt as if someone stabbed her in the chest a thousand times.
“His girlfriend?” Eden asked shocked.
“Yea we’ve been together for like 2 months. Who are you?”
“I’m…. nobody. Let me go get Colin.”
Eden walked back into the dining room where everyone was sitting. All eyes were on her as she came back.
“It’s for you Colin.”
She started to grab her things and got Brutus on his leash. She had a roomful of confused eyes on her.
“Who is it? Where are you going?” Colin asked.
“Some girl looking for you. I think its best I leave.”
Eden said goodbye to everyone and made her way to the door with Colin trailing after her.
“Eden where are you….”
Colin was cut off by the mysterious girl wrapping her arms around him and pulling in for a kiss.
“Hey baby I missed you so much!”
“What are you doing here?”
Eden couldn’t stand to see the sight in front of her anymore. She made her way to her car and got herself and her dog in and drove away. How could Colin lie to her? He promised her. She knew she couldn’t stay in San Francisco anymore. She called the one person she knew she could count on.
She waited for the person on the other end to pick up.
“Dad? I’m coming home.”
Eden made it home and packed her bags along with all Brutus’s things. Avoiding all the calls and texts she got from Colin and her concerned mother. Colin’s mom must have called her mom. She got online and booked her flight to go to Hawaii. She would worry about the rest of her things later. She called her boss and told her she would be taking a leave of absence and didn’t know if or when she would come back.
She finally called her mom and asked her to drive her to the airport. Her mother begged for her to stay but Eden needed to go. She needed to be far away as possible from everything Colin.
While she waited for her mom she let curiosity get the best of her and looked on the unknown females twitter and cyber stalked her. On her page she found pictures of her and Colin. Colin wouldn’t even let her send a picture to her dad in fear that it would get leaked. But here was this girl with her arms around him and posing. Finally Eden couldn’t take it anymore. She picked up her phone and texted Colin.
Don’t ever talk to me again. Don’t text, email, tweet or anything to me. You can give my stuff to my mom. I’m leaving California. I need to get away from you and all the hell you put me through. I guess I should have known I would be played a fool. Shame on you if you fool me once. Shame on me if you fool me twice. Have a nice life with that skank you call a girlfriend.
Eden didn’t bother to read the response Colin sent her. She shut her phone off and made her way to the airport with her mom. Just because Eden didn’t respond didn’t stop Colin from calling her mom. Her mom put it on speaker phone as she answered.
“Hello?”
“Mrs. Montgomery, its Colin. Is Eden with you? I’m really worried. She won’t answer any of my texts or calls. I just need a chance to explain to her.”
“I’ll ask her if she wants to talk to you.” Eden’s mom tried to pass the phone to her.
Eden shook her head no and pushed the phone away.
“Colin? She doesn’t want to speak to you. I think it’s best if you leave her be.”
“Is she really leaving California?”
“Yes Colin she is. I’m not going to tell you where she’s going either. I’m rather mad at you right now. My daughter is leaving because of you. You promised you wouldn’t hurt her Colin.”
“I know. I hate myself so much right now. You have no idea. Please don’t let her leave. I can’t handle knowing she’s not going to live close to me.”
Eden grabbed the phone and yelled:
“I guess you should have thought of that before you screwed me over with that tramp!”
Eden hung the phone up and handed it back to her mom. Her mom gave her surprised look. Normally Eden was so well tempered. It took a lot to get her upset enough to yell. When they made it to the airport Eden checked her bags and Brutus in and went to wait at the terminal. When her flight was called she hugged and said goodbye to her mom.
When she arrived in Hawaii her dad was waiting for her and that’s all it took for Eden to break down in tears. It had been a long time since she seen her dad but it never stopped him from being there for her when she needed him.
“It will be ok baby girl. I’ll kill him if you want me too.” Steve wanted to kill him for breaking his only daughter’s heart.
That made Eden laugh a little as she shook her head no. they got her bags and her dog and made their way to Steve’s house. Eden had forgotten how beautiful Hawaii was. The water was always blue and it was always sunny and warm with a few days of rain every now and then. It would take getting used to living here again but she couldn’t be in the same place as Colin. Deep down she hoped he would keep his promise to fight for her. But she had very little hope.