I'm Falling Head Over Heals

The Boy

Why are you doing this to yourself? Honestly, teenage girls are the most destructive people on the face of the earth. I’m sorry that I’ve hurt you, but I can’t help the way I feel. I don’t have any strong feelings of infatuation or love towards you. And yeah, you should try to move on. Try to get over me, cause I don’t need this drama.

Don’t you stare at me like that! You think I’m the most uncaring person in the world, don’t you? Why? Just because I don’t like you as more than a friend? That’s complete bullshit. You wanna know how much I care? Okay. I care so much, that I’m going out of my way to tell you that I have commitment issues, and can’t be with anyone right now.

Why don’t girls believe me when I say that? Just cause I’m a guy, doesn’t mean you have the right to treat me like a piece of shit. I’ve got feelings, too, as much as you don’t think it. I’ve just been trying not to make the situation awkward, and you’re ruining it. You’re putting yourself in this position that you don’t need to be in. And I do care that I’ve hurt you! You don’t think it hurts me to know that there’s a girl in my life who’s heart I’ve broken? I understand that you’re on the receiving end, but how do you think it feels to be the one who did the breaking in the first place? Huh?

I’ve never felt this way before. I’ve never broken someone’s heart before, and I feel awful. I was just trying to figure out who I was, trying to become the man I want to be that I didn’t realize what I was doing. So I’m sorry, okay? I’m sorry for everything I’ve ever said or done to you that’s hurt you in any way. That’s what you wanna hear, right?

Next time you try doing something like this; think about what your consequences are. Think about whom you’re talking to and how they’re going to react. I’m almost positive that you didn’t expect me to come back at you like this. I don’t care if the guy is always supposed to be the one who screws up; you screwed up this time. Even if I was the one who screwed up before, you screwed up now. You hurt my feelings.

And I’m man enough to get over it.