Status: A Norman Reedus fanfic

Love Story (Complications)

Friend Drama

At the party the couple tried to find an empty room for some privacy. They needed to get away from their friends and the crowded room for a moment.
Norman and Jessie embraced each other in a loving way, not wanting to let go. His left arm went around her waist as his right hand tangled in her long red hair.
“I missed you.” He said, his voice barely above a whisper.
“I missed you too.” Jessie smiled.
They touched their foreheads together, both looking deeply into each other’s eyes. Jessie caressed his chin with her thumb, playing with his stub facial hair.
“I know it’s what we do but I’m sick of traveling. I miss being home with you and Ming.” She frowned.
“I know. He misses you too. A LOT!” They chuckled.
“What about you? Don’t you miss me when you’re there and I’m not?”
“Of course I do! I’m always traveling for interviews and The Walking Dead. It’s not like I can complain either.”
“I know.” She sighed.
“Hey look it this way though. We’re here now and after all these events are done we get to go home. I mean we FINALLY get our breaks. I’m done filming this season and you’re done with your sequel in Japan! We get to go home relax and finally spend some time together.” Norman clapped his hands together.
Jessie laughed at his enthusiasm. “You’re such a kid.” She said kissing his nose. Norman smiled widely, a big toothy grin like a five year old indeed.
“So ARE you.” He retorted.
“I never said I wasn’t.” She giggled. “But yes we have more time now. Ahh I can’t wait to get home. Finally!”
“Me either.” He smiled. “Are you happy though? That you moved in with us?” His face was serious now.
“Of course I am Norm!” She squealed. “What a silly question.”
Norman smiled. “I’m glad. Mingus absolutely loves you, and he loves having you around. Whenever I get back to New York with him and you’re not with there, he gets upset.” Norman chuckled.
“Aww I’m glad Mingus is so comfortable with me now, and he likes me so much. To be honest I was afraid he wouldn’t in the beginning. I was afraid things were gonna be awkward when I moved in.”
“Are you kidding me? When I told him you were gonna move in with us he practically bounced up and down the walls.”
Jessie chuckled. “He gets it from his father.”
“Well anyways, now we can be a proper family.” He said.
“Family?” She asked.
“Yeah. You, me, and Mingus.” He smiled.
“Norman…” Jessie sighed, not sure how she would say her next sentence. “I don’t want to pretend to be his mom. Ming already has his mom. I couldn’t do that.” She whispered.
“I know that and so does he. Helena will always be his mom, unfortunately.” He scoffed and Jessie playfully smacked his arm. “But that doesn’t mean the three of us can‘t be a family though.” He continued.
Jessie looked up at him. “You really consider me a part of your family?”
“Yeah. I do.” Norman replied softly. “You’re my woman Jessie. I love you and Mingus loves you. Like it or not you’re stuck with us.” He smirked. “You’re a part of us now.” He said seriously.
Jessie smiled, caressing his cheek with her left hand, tears almost appearing in her eyes. She never expected Norman to say she was a part of his family, their family. She knew he loved her greatly and so did Mingus, but nothing could have prepared for this.
“Are you ok?” He asked.
“Yeah I just….I never expected you to say that. I mean you know how my ‘family’ was.” She mocked the word family. “I just never expected anyone to say the word family to me again and mean it you know?” She shrugged.
Norman nodded, taking her face in both hands and looking into her eyes. “I know. But I can promise you we’ll be a real family. None of that ‘pretend. happy. so no one would be buzzing in the news shit.” They chuckled.
“I love you Jessie, and as far as I’m concerned that’s all that matters.” He kissed her forehead.
Jessie smiled giving him a small peck on the lips. “I know. I love you too Norm, and Mingus.”
They kissed. This time it wasn’t just “this is going to lead to sex kiss”. It a was a slow short but passionate kiss.
When they finally separated in need for air, Norman brushed the bangs out of her eyes and the two just stood there in each other’s arms. She loved him so much it hurt, no scratch that she LOVES him so much it HURTS.
Norman felt a familiar feeling in his chest. He loved, loves her so much it actually cause him agony.
“I love you.” He breathed again.
Jessie was opening her mouth to say something but was interrupted. “Hey Jessie! Jessie!” Her friend Stephanie called.
“Ugh.” Norman groaned in frustration and threw his head back.
“Unbelievable. Three times in one day..” Jessie sighed annoyed. “Yes Stephanie, dearest…how may I help you.” She said in a sarcastic tone making her friend blush.
“Um… sorry we didn’t know we were interrupting anything.” Stephanie said.
“Yeah I’m sorry, we were just wondering where you guys were.” Their friend Maria stepped in.
“And now you found us.” Norman said annoyed making Jessie swallow her chuckle.
Their friend Dennis, who was also there, scoffed while Stephanie and Maria frowned.
“Is there something we can actually help you guys with?” Norman asked irritated. Jessie laughed at Norman rudeness, not being able to hold it anymore.
“Well, you know, the world doesn’t just evolve around you two sick love birds. We wanted to spend some time with Jessie too. But since she became famous and you started hanging around her, she forgot about us.” Dennis said.
Norman opened his mouth to protest but Jessie raised her hand to stop him. She gave him a look like “I got this.” He nodded, understanding.
“First of all, I’m not some ‘celebrity’ the way you impose I am, I’m a working actress. And you know I I’m always traveling and working and can’t always come visit your lazy ass. Yes I say lazy because what the fuck do you do Dennis? You sit around in your computer all the day, the only ‘job’ if you can call it a job, that you have is watch your neighbor’s dogs. So I’m sorry if my life is too busy for me to come visit you when I’m actually working my ass off and living my dream. Second, of course Norman is more fucking important than you are. He’s MY MAN, and as far as I’m concerned Dennis, you and I aren’t exactly childhood buddies. We met in college and had one class together. Big fucking whoop!” She threw her hands up in the air. “By chance, we met again at some party last year. So don’t try to make yourself a priority in my life, you’re not that important FRIEND.” She emphasized the word friend while chuckling darkly.
Dennis and Maria looked shocked. It was true Jessie met them both in a college class, they weren’t that important in her life. While Stephanie on the other hand, was. Jessie and she were friends since kids. They considered each other as sisters. Stephanie knew none of her rude remarks were directed at her, and she also wasn’t surprised that Jessie was this rude with her friends. ‘Actually, that was probably the nice version’ Stephanie thought to herself, a smile creeping on her face. If she learned anything from her best friend at all was that Jessie could be a lot crueler than that, especially to people that she didn’t really deem important and tried hard to keep their friendship.
“FUCK YOU BITCH! Well now we know how much we really mean to you! You know what; you’re not even worth my time!” Dennis yelled. “Go slither back to your whole you fucking snake, see if we care. WE WOULD BE GLAD THAT YOU DON’T EVER COME BACK! In fact, why don’t you do us all a favor and go fuck your ‘awesome’ boyfriend, cuz the only thing you’re good for is opening your legs anyway.”
“Excuse me!?” Jessie barked. Before she could defend herself however, Norman lunched himself at Dennis and punched him square in the face. The scene before her happened so fast if she would have blink she’d miss it. Dennis was now down on the floor with his back touching the wall behind him. Norman was hovering over him, grabbing Dennis’ shirt with his right hand while he used his left to point at him.
“You ever disrespect my girl in front of me again and you won’t have any teeth left! I know that you liked Jessie in the past and probably still do but that’s not my fucking problem! YOU WILL RESPECT HER!” Norman shook him against the wall for a brief second before letting him go and stepping back.
Jessie walked up to Norman and put a hand on his shoulder. “Come on babe. I think we better leave.” She said.
Norman, who was still beyond angry and breathing heavily from the adrenaline cursing through his veins, he nodded while still looking at a helpless and surprised looking Dennis on the floor. Norman turned around to look at Jessie and his anger vanished.
“Come on babe.” She urged him taking his hand in hers.
~//~
“I can’t believe you punched him.” Jessie broke the silence inside he cab.
Norman scrunched his nose. “He had it comin.” He simply said, still slightly angry.
“I know. I just can’t believe YOU punched him. I’ve never seen you that angry before.” She chuckled.
“Yeah well I’m sorry but I wasn’t gonna sit there and let the asshole talk shit bout ya.”
Jessie nodded smiling, enjoying his angry accent.
“What?”
“Nothing.” She shook her head and bit the inside of her bottom lip to keep her from laughing.
“What?” Norman asked again, a little louder this time.
She shook her head giggling.
“What’s so damn ass funny?”
“I am sooo hot for you.” She finally said.
Norman crooked one eyebrow and smirked.
“And I thought I had the anger issues.” She smiled. “It was just so hot seeing you that angry.”
“Really now?”
She nodded giggling and scooting closer to him. “Seriously though. Don’t worry about Dennis, he’s a dick. And I was kind of bitch to him.”
“No you weren’t. You had every right to tell him off like that. The guy is snot.”
Jessie nodded. She laid her head in his chest, embracing him softly as the couple fell into a comfortable silence for the rest of the ride to their hotel room.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this chapter was kind of boring but I had it in my head and now it's on the internet. Don't worry you'll find out more about the three characters introduced later on or when I start writing the actual story for this. Anyways, hope you enjoyed. I'll try to put another scene up soon.