Big Girl Panties

drunk patrick kane

“Damn, Trix.”

Patrick Kane guzzled the last of the beer from his can and cocked the left side of his mouth into a smile. There was no doubting that Kaner had past the point of sobriety hours ago and anything that he said or did couldn’t really be held against him.

“You are looking mighty fine wearing that black bikini. If you weren’t like a sister to me…I would toss you in my bed and destroy you.”

Bollig, Shaw and Sharpie had over heard Patrick’s comment to Trixie. Unable to hold back their laughter, the three men held their bare stomachs and kept themselves from dropping their beers.

Trixie tucked her oversized sunglasses into her hair and took a sip from her vodka and lemonade. She contemplated banning Kane from drinking for the rest of the afternoon and night as it already looked as thought it would be a night of her babysitting him. There were other things Trixie would rather be doing than spending her time watching over Patrick Kane to make sure he didn’t end in the back of a squad car with his hands behind his back and a list of charges he would have to answer to a judge.

She snapped back. “You’re forgetting that I’m also married now. And besides, even if I were single, from what I hear on the street, there’s no way you would be able to handle me in bed.”

There was a collective series of groans and bursts of laughter that came from everyone who had been in ear shot of what Trixie had said. She was proud of her self having executed the comeback flawlessly. Drunk Patrick Kane shook his head in shame as he reached into the cooler for another beer and wondered off to find a place to sit down. Between the June humidity and the alcohol, everyone was fairly surprised Patrick wasn’t either passed out or vomiting overboard.

It was a beautiful day to be out on Lake Michigan. The guys had each put in a couple dollars, rented a boat and bought beer and liquor to farther celebrate. The parade was less than twenty-four hours away and it was nice way to relax and still celebrate before the excitement of tomorrow’s activities began.

What Trixie and Daniel looked forward to the most though was bringing their son home in just a day and a half. Some how the couple had managed to put together a make shift nursery for Jack. With Dan’s impending trade, they had decided months ago not to formally decorate the room in their townhouse they had dedicated to Jack. Once they were settled in whatever city they would end up in, then Trixie would finally break out the paint and paint brushes and give her baby boy the room she knew he deserved.

She wouldn’t have time to worry about; she would have it all. As Trixie took another sip from her refreshing drink, she was suddenly okay with the fact that she would have all the time in the world to dedicate to not only Jack but also to Dan. She would be a devoting mother and wife and that seemed like the most important thing and it amazed her to realize that months ago she had thought her career was more important than her family.

“You doing okay?” Dan wrapped his arm around Trixie’s waist. His breath had tickled her ear when he softly spoke into it.

For the first time in months, Trixie felt like her smile was truly genuine.

“I’m perfect.”

She placed her lips on top of Dan’s for a loving kiss. She missed the feeling of simply melting against Dan and she counted her blessings that the feeling hadn’t gone away. She was afraid that with everything that had happened in the last several months their relationship wouldn’t make it until forever.

“Are you excited to experience your first Stanley Cup parade?” Trixie mimicked Dan and wrapped her arm around his waist.

“Fuck yeah, I am.”

Trixie giggled at Dan’s excitement. She couldn’t blame him for she felt the same amount of excitement about tomorrow.

“We learned the hard way back in 2010 that getting totally shitfaced before ten in the morning isn’t the best idea.”

Gathering Trixie’s long hair in his hands, Dan moved it out of the way to allow him the chance to plant kisses on the milky skin along the nook of her neck.

“Neither of us can get too out of control tomorrow. Don’t forget, we have the Rush concert afterwards.”

The feeling of his lips on her skin was making Trixie feel giddy. “We’d better seriously enjoy it because it’s our last night childless.”

Turning her head, Trixie tried to capture Dan’s lower lip between hers but was rudely interrupted.

“Trix, Danny! Quit the PDA” Jon called out. “Get over here, we’re picking teams for flippy cup!”

Flipping Jon her middle finger, Trixie placed her hand on the back of Dan’s neck and claimed the kiss she had been wanting for the last ten minutes.



Emerging from the steamed bathroom with her hair wrapped in a towel and her terrycloth robe tied securely around her body, Trixie jumped on the bed (ignoring the pain that ripped through her abdomen) and landed on her sleeping husband.

Dan’s eyes jolted open and a series of groans escaped his mouth as he wasn’t expecting to woken up in such a way.

“Wake up, wake up, wake up, Carbomb!”

Straddling her husbands hips Trixie leaned down and kissed his lips several times. He was still attempting to get over the shock of being jumped on.

“Do you know what today is?”

Dan was slightly hung over as he had hit the bars the pervious night after their adventure on Lake Michigan. He realized he should have taken Trixie’s advice and gone to bed early as she had but there was no way he was going to admit Trixie had been right. It was 7 in the morning and while he was feeling almost miserable and wanted more sleep, Trixie was chipper and ready to enjoy every second what would be one of the most memorable days of their lives.

Before Dan even had a chance to answer, Trixie crooned.

“It’s parade day!” Rolling off Dan, Trixie walked over to their dresser and pulled out a pair of Blackhawks panties from her top drawer. He wanted as she slid them on and in his mind all he wanted to do was rip them off her hips. “Not only did I already make coffee, but there is also a plate of blueberry pancakes in the microwave specially for you.”

Dan tossed the blankets off his warm body. The cool air that hit him like a ton of bricks was not welcoming.

“Look at you, being all domestic and shit.”

“I was awake so I thought, what the hell.” Trixie started brushing out her long and damp hair with the brush she found her dresser.

Dan knew the real reason why she was awake so early and knew for a fact she hadn’t gotten any more sleep than he had. “You were in there again last night, weren’t you?”

Trixie avoided Dan’s eyes as she felt like missing her son was something to be ashamed of. She felt like she had finally lost her mind. The last three nights, Trixie had spent hours just sitting in the rocking chair in Jack’s room with her sons stuffed teddy bear clenched tightly against her chest.

She nodded before she spoke. “I did. I’m so ready for him to come home.”

Before she had a chance to start rambling, Dan walked over to her and pulled her into his body and shut her up with a kiss. “Today it’s just the two of us. It’s our day. Don’t think of anything else and tomorrow when we finally bring Jack home, you can start worrying. Have fun, baby.”

Trixie didn’t have the heart to tell Dan that she had already popped and drank a bottle of champagne with her breakfast to kick off the day’s celebration. There was no way she would be sober by three in the afternoon.

“Have you ever seen two million people in place before?” Trixie asked.
“No. Why?”

Trixie patted Dan’s shoulder before heading in the bathroom to finish getting ready. They were expected at the United Center for photos in 40 minutes.

“Today, you will see something so beyond amazing. Two million people coming together to celebrate with you guys. And then tonight, when it’s just you and me and a bottle of champagne, we’ll have our own celebration…in bed.”