Big Girl Panties

food poisoning?

Trixie pushed a lock of her long raven hair behind her shoulder as she covered her mouth while laughing. It was the first time in a long time she had thoroughly enjoyed a date, and it obvious considering this was the third date they had been on in the last week. Twirling a few long noodles from her large plate of fresh spaghetti, Trixie could feel Alex (her date) staring delicately at her over the soft candle light.

“I’m really happy you called.” Alex admitted as he topped off Trixie’s wine glass.

She thanked him as she put her fork down and reached for it. For Trixie, it was a relief she didn’t have to rely on the alcohol to get her through awkward conversation and forced laughter. The last guy, who had taken Trixie out, a lawyer, had been such a bore she thought about excusing herself midway through the meal for the bathroom but taking off instead.

“I’m really happy you answered.”

Alex Garret was one of Chicago Finest. A police officer who patrolled the streets of the First District. They had met nearly two weeks ago when Trixie had been sitting outside her building smoking a cigarette. Alex and his partner had come out of the deli munching on sandwiches when Alex spotted the young beauty sitting with her legs extended in front of her. He asked if he could bum one off her, Trixie handed him two and in return he handed her his card with a wink telling her to give him a call. It had been such a cliché meeting, Trixie thought about tossing the card right into the garbage but he was rather good looking and she was a sucker for a man in uniform. Besides, she was happy she hadn’t tossed it away.

After the bill had been paid, Trixie and Alex headed out into the cold. When the blast of cold air hit her, Trixie wished she had put on pantyhose but the black dress she wore made her legs look great when she wore black platform pumps and she didn’t want to hide them. If she was right and had him right where she wanted him, cold legs were well worth it.

Sliding her free hand into the pocket of her pea-coat, Trixie’s strides matched Alex’s as she guided them towards her place. What surprised her most was how perfectly her hand fit with his. She could feel him begin to graze her thumb with his as he told her stories about the interesting and mind boggling things he had seen on the streets. The restaurant had only been about six blocks away, and when they reached her building, Trixie dropped his hand.

“Well, this is my building. You want to come upstairs? I have a really good bottle of wine I picked up while I was in France over the summer.”

Trixie could see the devilish smile spread across Alex’s lips and she was thrilled to see he had gotten the point that drinking wine wasn’t exactly what they’d be doing. “Yeah, that’d be great.”

She lived in a 900 square foot condo on the thirty-eighth floor of The Legacy building on E. Monroe St. It had taken Trixie a year after she had started looking to buy her own place did she find her condo. One bedroom condos were hard to come by in the city, especially one with a view. She lucked out that her front room overlooked Millennium Park.
Strutting across the lobby, Trixie could feel Alex place his hand on the small of her back and it inched its way lower and lower as they waited for the elevator. The second the doors opened, Alex pushed her in and giggles filled the small space as she pushed the button for the thirty-eighth floor. Trixie didn’t notice the bar was digging into her back as Alex pressed his body against her and closed the gap between their mouths. His lips sealed around her bottom lip as she ran her fingers through his hair. It was long enough for Trixie to grip it between her fingers and give it a slight tug as he pecked her lips then butterfly kissed his way down her jaw to her neck.

The elevator binged when they reached her floor. As soon as the door opened, Trixie grabbed his hand and walked down the hall, occasionally stopping to engage in a lip lock. Rounding the corner, Trixie stopped short in her tracks when she saw a particular someone sitting on the floor beside her door.

“Umm,” Trixie stuttered. “What, what are you doing here?”

Her eyes darted between Alex and Dan, who pocketed his phone and stood up. Alex looked rather uncomfortable being in the presence of another man who seemed to know Trixie far better than he did. “I wanted to talk but it looks like you’re already busy.” He started walking towards the elevators.

Trixie pushed the hair out her face and called out, “Danny…wait.”

She really wanted to talk to him. She really needed to talk to him. Turning to Alex, she felt like a bitch for the words the words that were welling in her throat. “I’m really sorry, Alex. I’ll call you.”

There was no doubting she’d never hear from him again. He simply pursed his lips, nodded his head and responded with the generic, yeah, yeah. Yeah, it was safe to say she could delete his number from her phone.

Inside, Trixie tossed keys on the table beside the door and flipped the lights on. Her heels clicked against the hardwood as she walked into the kitchen with Dan following behind her. From the fridge she pulled out a 7-Up, sipping slowing from it, hoping to settle her stomach.

“I had no idea you were on a date.” Dan said nonchalantly, taking a seat on one of the barstools Trixie had. He rested his arms on the island, watching her as she looked through cabinets.

What she was looking for was her Pepto-Bismol chewable tablets. She had been living off those for the last three days. “It’s not exactly any of your business.”

If he hadn’t noticed, Trixie was still slightly pissed about Dan brining his flavor of the day to Jonny’s. They hadn’t really spoken since; just exchange a few words in the locker room. Four days was the longest they had gone with that little interaction.

“What the hell was up the other night? At Jonny’s. You just took off.”

“I didn’t exactly want to be around you and the broad you had just banged minutes before.” Trixie took off her heels and leaned against the island, too. Now she really wasn’t feeling well and immediately regretted her decision to order dessert.

Dan could see right through her, everyone could. There was no doubting she was jealous but there was no way she would ever admit it. Just like he would never admit seeing her with the guy in the hallway had caused jealousy in him.

“Do you, like me?” Dan crooned. “Like, like me, like me. You like me. Trixie, you want me all to yourself, admit it.” Getting up from the barstool, Dan walked around the island so he was standing in front of her.

“I do not.”

Pointing to herself then to Dan several times, she tried thinking of words to say. “This, is just a fling. Sex. Simply sex, no strings attached.”

Now she really felt like she was going to be sick.

“Keep telling yourself that, Trix,” Dan moved closer to her, brushing his thumb against her cheek. She hated the fact she felt such electricity surge her body. What she wanted to do was push him away from her, start a fight and throw him out of her condo. That’s what she did best. It was easy for Trixie to be a bitch then to let anyone in.

“Why won’t you let me in? I like you, Trixie, a lot. You’re a pain in the ass but that doesn’t stop me from feeling the way I do about you.”

Her eyes fluttered. She had heard everything that Dan had said but this wasn’t the time for her dig deep down and explore her feelings, too. She had a bigger problem. “I’m gonna puke.”

“Do I really repulse you that much?”

Running to her bathroom, Trixie didn’t bother with the light as she dropped to her knees, retching everything she had consumed in the last two hours. She held her hair back with one hand and the other arm wrapped around the toilet. Dan came in and turned on the light and fan for her.

“Food poisoning?”

Trixie knew it wasn’t. It was now clear as to what was making her sick the last few days. “Under my sink, there’s a First Response box. Grab it for me?”

Pure shock was what Dan’s face read. It was as if his body had forgotten how to do simple tasks. When he failed to do what Trixie had asked, she flushed the toilet and pushed him out of the bathroom, wanting a few minutes to herself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you ladies are enjoying it so far! If I can get 5-10 comments, I promise to have an update posted by either tomorrow night or Thursday afternoon.