Status: Active (:

The Hollow Days

Chapter Five

"What the hell was that?" Tyler walks up to me, shoving me back. "You like hitting girls? Huh? You probably get a thrill out of that kind of whacked out shit, don't you?"

I pat my gym short pockets for anything, but I don't even have my phone. "No!" I shake my head, backing up and glaring at him. "I don't. It was an accident, you know it was!" I clench my teeth, squeezing my eyes shut but trying not to let them water at the same time.

"Do I?" He arches a brow, a slow smile spreading on his face. He cracks his knuckles, and I dart out of there. Off the field, into the locker room. I don't even change, I just grab my backpack and run out. It felt like my heart was in my throat and that I couldn't swallow it. I ran into a nearby bathroom and into a stall. I locked the door behind me and changed quickly, trying to calm down as I came out of the stall and leaned on the bathroom sink.

So, today was going to be one of my bad days. Tears sprung to my eyes and I put my face in my sleeve as an attempt to hide them, from who I don't know, maybe myself. I dried my eyes off and put on fresh cologne. I splash my face with water and muster up enough courage to walk out of the bathroom and wander the halls. Sometimes I wish I took Spanish again, but I didn't. The class seemed a bit too much for me this year. I spot the girl from earlier, what the fuck was her name...Emma, I spot Emma sitting in the front row. She raised her hand anxiously at so many questions. And of course she got them all right. I heard her speak some pretty fluent Spanish, something she probably learned from her other school.

"Elliot?" I freeze at my sister's voice. She's just a freshman. "Are you skipping?"

Every muscle in my body tenses. I sigh, "no."

"Then why do you have all your stuff?" She puts a finger to her lips and I'm just about to answer when she continues, "and why are you just wandering through the halls?" She laughs. "I'm telling dad."

"Come on Allyson, he's already pissed enough at me." I shake my head. "Please?" When she laughs I growl, "don't be such a daddy's girl!"

"Don't be such a mama's boy!" She yells, clenching her fists, taking a step towards me.

"What's going on here?" The Spanish teacher comes out of her classroom. I gape as my eyes flicker to Emma, who was staring at me with a quizzical look. My eyes find the teacher's face again but I feel as if I just got the wind knocked out of me. "Well, what do you have to say for yourselves?"

I stare at my sister's lips, her stupid fucking black-mailing lips. They pull up into a friendly smile. "Oh, nothing Senora, please forgive us. We'll get on to class, lo siento. We just got into an argument."

I look down at my feet and nod, glaring at myself, basically. I hate myself for not having the balls I should. To stand up to Tyler, to stand up to my own sister. I look back at Emma, who seems to look down out of respect. Maybe I was too harsh earlier, maybe I was wrong.

Nah.

I don't look back at my sister, I just keep walking as the bell rings. I put my earbuds in and crank up my music loud, letting it coat my hurting heart, letting it vibrate throughout my body, making it pulse. I break through the crowd of people and get to my class. I was pretty damn good at English, but I didn't exactly show it. Emma walks in, and I suddenly regret coming to this class.

She walks down my row, much to my dismay, and stops at my desk. "Hey are you okay?"

I nod sharpy, refusing to look at her. I probably looked like a giant pussy back there. She thinks I'm a pussy doesn't she? Well, I'm not. I'm not. But I don't care what she thinks. She's just some stupid high-class whore. She walks by and I watch the classroom flood with more students. I could feel her eyes burning a hole through the back of my head, I could feel her stupid big brown eyes belittling me more and more by the second. I couldn't get the thought of her thinking less of me to stop bothering me.

"Alright class, please take out your books."

As soon as I hear that I groan and raise my hand, willing Mrs. Lore to see me. When she does I say, "I forgot it."

"And why is that?" Her skeptical green eyes narrow behind her thick-framed glasses.

"My bag got thrown around a lot yesterday and I guess it fell out and I forgot to put it back in." I lick my lips, this weird feeling of dread coating my mind. And it isn't a lie, my sister was kicking and throwing my bag around and everything in it just fell out everywhere. It was hard to tell people that, though.

And again, I can feel Emma's eyes on me. And I feel like I know what she's thinking; what a liar, what a freak, what a wimp.

What a liar.

What a freak.

What a wimp.
♠ ♠ ♠
Back to Annnerrr<3 Comments/subs/recs would be greatly appreciated (: