Status: No idea when I will update, but will try to update asap

Unconventional Falling

Vylette

"Where were you?" He asked dangerously calmly, for a moment she thought of her physics teacher, but he didn't have that danger laced in his voice.

"I...I forgot I was supposed to come here." Kate whispered, looking down at the ground.

"What?" He asked. "Stop mumbling. You know I hate it when you do that." 

"Sorry, Adam." She whispered slightly louder. 

Suddenly, she felt his fist connect with her face, as she fell to the floor on impact. Kate gasped.

"Fucking hell. Why do you make me do this?" He yanked her hair to pull her up as Kate groaned. She decided then and there she'd get a haircut. She tried grabbing his hand to loosen his grip, to no avail. His hand gripped her hair like a vice.

"Stop." Kate whispered, tears in her eyes. "Adam, please stop..."

He grabbed her arm, tightening his grip painfully.

"Stop." Kate said louder.

"Don't tell me what to do." He growled, letting go of her arm and throwing her onto the floor. He bent down next to her, before shaking his head. "Why do you make me do this?" He sighed, getting up and walking away, leaving her on the floor.

The next day, Kate went to college with a gash underneath her eye. She tried covering it with make up, however it didn't work, since she had no idea how to put on any of the like.

She'd already made up a lie for it and when her parents heard it, they just shook their heads and laughed good-naturedly at her.

"I saw a cat walking across the road and a car coming towards it, so I thought I'd save it and it scratched my face." She'd told them and that was the lie she'd stick to if anyone asked.

She reached school and saw her friends.

"Oh, look what the cat dragged in." He friend, Vylette, smirked. 

"Shut up!" She shouted, sitting down.

"What happened to your cheek?" She asked.

Kate repeated her lie as Vylette scowled, not buying it, but not saying anything.

"N'awwwww, Kate." Felicity, her other friend, said before the topic changed to something not exactly extraneous.

"So, how's the sexy beast?" Vylette asked causally, a hint of a smirk on her face.

It was true. Adam was extremely good looking. He had shaggy golden blonde hair with a few green and purple streaks in his fringe, chaotic electric blue eyes that always seemed to make you think he was up to no good and spider bites. His spider bites were what topped the cake for her. 

On the other hand, thinking about it now, Kate just didn't find herself attracted to him in the same way she did several months ago. It was most likely because he was abusive.

"He's not yours!" Kate screamed, standing up and pointing at Vylette.

"I didn't say he was." She retorted, a hint of a smirk heard in her voice. "How is he, though?" 

"He's fine, just how he usually is." Kate shrugged, sitting back down, as if she didn't just scream her lungs out. Vylette nodded, then yawned just as the bell rang. 

"Wooooo, fun. Physics." Vylette mumbled, rubbing her eyes after getting up, as the rest of her friends got up too. "The new teacher's pretty good at teaching..." She mused, walking on before shaking her head. "He picks on me too much, though." She muttered darkly. "Whatever." She shrugged. "Kate! Hurry the fuck up!"

"No!" Kate screamed, walking slower than she already was to annoy her friend. 

Vylette groaned then walked on alone. 

Kate sat down just as the last student came running in. She saw Vylette with her head on the desk, trying not to let her eyes close. Kate smirked inwardly, she was always awake till ungodly hours. 

"Kate." She heard Mr Evans' voice calling her name off the register.

"YES SIR!" She screamed, as everyone laughed, used to her strangeness. Vylette looked up and smirked, before shaking her head and lying her head on the desk again. Mr Evans continued calling out the names, as if her screaming wasn't new to her. She wondered how nothing seemed to surprise him...

He finished doing the register and started the lesson. Not even ten minutes in, she heard him picking on someone.

"Vylette." He said calmly, as Vylette groaned quietly. "Who thought of the idea of continental drift?" He asked. 

"Wegener." Vylette replied without batting an eyelash.

"What was his first name?" He asked.

Kate knew Vylette thought he was just being picky, so she couldn't help the laugh that escaped her mouth.

"Kate. You are to behind after the lesson is over." Mr Evans said, without looking at her. Kate felt her ears turn red and she knew Vylette would be smirking. Mr Evans turned to Vylette again.

"Alfred." She said simply, yawning despite herself.

"Correct." He said, turning to continue the lesson. Less than fifteen minutes later, she heard Vylette being picked on again.

"Vylette, name one piece of evidence that supports continental drift." He said.

"Similar fossils were found on different continents." She replied, not needing to think. Vylette and Kate both knew she knew this stuff, he just wanted to make sure she was paying attention, which she wasn't, therefore, it was a good thing she was smarter than she looked.

 Vylette was also Asian, but her skin was darker than Kate's, her almost pitch black eyes were always lined with heavy black eyeliner and her long elbow-length hair was either out or pulled up into an extremely messy bun, so much so that most of her hair fell out of it. Vylette wasn't one to care about society's views on beauty and such.  She always had her black skinny jeans and a random black top on. Her most noticeable trait? A fairly large beauty spot underneath her right eye, but that was normally covered up unintentionally by her fringe.

Vylette's parents weren't the nicest people around. They were what she called "Christfags". Although identifying as a Christian herself, she was extremely liberal in what she thought and because of this, she was hated by her parents and many Christians in her school who thought she tarnished the reputation of what a Christian should be. Of course, Vylette couldn't care less.

Kate looked over at her friend sitting a row and a few seats to the left behind her. She saw a tear slip out of her eye, but she thought she could be imagining it. Vylette never cried in public. Ever.

The bell rang, as everyone got up, everyone but Kate. 

Mr Evans wished his class a good morning as they left. He waited till everyone was out until he turned to her and look at her with his piercing blue eyes.

"I want you to come and see me after school." He said serenely. Kate didn't see the point in this, if he wanted to see her after school, he should have just said so instead of making her stay behind. 

"Yes sir." She replied, not exactly upset by the thought. Wait, no, she was annoyed, definitely annoyed...