Status: No idea when I will update, but will try to update asap

Unconventional Falling

Strange sensations and suffocations

She walked down the corridor of her school, going up two flights of stairs and walking down another corridor till she got the the dreaded room. It was her first detention in the year and it just had to be with him. She wasn't sure whether she was happy about that, or not. She was gonna pretend she wasn't...but if she was pretending she wasn't, that meant she truly did prefer it to be with him...wait. What. 

Kate shook her head to free her of her thoughts. Reflect on the small glass of the door was her face. She'd realised her ears had turned red. She didn't understand why. 

Her hand reached to grab the door knob, twisting it slowly (whether from anticipation or reluctance, she wasn't sure), she then pushed the door open and stepping inside the room. 

Kate walked towards her desk in the science room, sighing as she sat down after dropping her bag down on the floor beside her. All throughout this, Mr Evans kept his eyes fixed on his computer, transfixed by what he was typing.

"Kate." Mr Evans said, turning to look at her with his piercing blue eyes. "I want you to tell me how you got that bruise underneath your eye."

Kate's eyes widened ever-so slightly. 

She repeated her lie, stuttering whilst saying it, she wasn't sure whether it was because she found it difficult to lie to him, or if he just made her nervous. Both, she thought. 

There was a pause, as Mr Evans continued staring at her. Kate shifted uncomfortably in her seat, whilst he kept staring. Neither of them could deny they felt a strange tug towards the other, but neither knew the other felt it too.

"You're not a very convincing liar." He said, slightly amused. Kate's ears turned red.

"Yes I am!" She shouted, standing up dramatically, as Mr Evans stared at her with amusement in his eyes.

"You've just admitted to lying, Kate." He said, entertained by her actions.

Kate stared at him dumbfounded then sighed and sat down, completely deflated.

"It doesn't matter how I got it." She mumbled, looking down at her lap and fiddling with her hands awkwardly.

"Then you won't have any problem in telling me." He replied.

Kate stared at the floor, wondering what excuse she could make up and how convincing she could make it sound.

"By now you should know you can't lie to me." Mr Evans interrupted her thoughts. "What sort of secret is it that you have to keep it from everyone? Does your boyfriend abuse you? Or is it your parents?" He asked.

Kate froze. No. No, no, no, no, no. This couldn't be happening. He guessed it right off the bat. What could she say? Shit. Think, Kate, think.

"No, sir. It's no big deal." She said. 

"By your reaction, I can tell it's something I said." He decided.

Kate swiftly grabbed her bag off the floor and got up, whilst scraping her chair back. 

"I have to go." She said, hurriedly making her way out the door, leaving her physics teacher lost in his thoughts. She felt that same tug forcing her to stay, but she fought against it. He felt that tug forcing him to follow after her, but he fought against it. Neither knew the other felt it too.  

She breathed a sigh of relief once she was out. She had to see him, to tell him to stop; people were noticing. He could get in trouble...maybe he'd see sense in that. By some great other-worldly power, she hoped that was the case. Of course, it wasn't just because people were noticing that she wanted him to stop...she didn't like getting hit, but she couldn't tell him that, he'd just say she made him do it and hit her again. She had a reason this time and she hoped to God that it'd be enough to make him stop.

He sat at his desk, thinking and contemplating what it was that got to her so much. He wondered if it really was her parents, but he'd met them countless times and they seemed to be likeable people. However, no one knows what happens behind closed doors...

Or maybe it was her boyfriend. He did once overhear her and Vylette talking about him, even though they were mainly, if not all, positive things. Well, they were only talking about how good looking he was, nothing about his character. Teenage girls, he thought. If it really was her boyfriend, she probably wouldn't want to leave him, she was probably too scared to.

 Mr Evans felt a strange sense of protectiveness wash over him. He didn't know why. Why did he feel the need to protect her? Why did he think so long and hard about her? But, most importantly, what was this strange sensation that he felt, drawing him to her? He had never been this confused in his life and just by one extremely smart teenage girl at that.

Kate knocked on Adam's door nervously. Her heart pounded in her chest; to say she was scared was an understatement. She knew what the wrong choice of words meant.  

As always, she heard a grunt come from the inside of his room, telling her it was okay to come in. Kate slowly and timidly walked inside, wondering how she should phrase it.

As soon as she entered, she was pinned against the wall. Adam bit down her neck harshly, as she groaned.

"Adam..." She mumbled.

"What?" He growled, continuing to bite her neck painfully.

She raised her hands and placed them on his chest, pushing on it to get some space between them, but he grabbed both her hands with one of his and pinned them above her head. Kate's heart beat increased rapidly. She didn't know what to do to make him stop. She was scared beyond belief, she didn't want this. Not here. Not now. And definitely not with him. She had to get away, but she didn't know how. He towered over her and was quite muscular; it was just about impossible to break free from him. She didn't want to tell him to stop because he'd hit her if she did. Needless to say, she was trapped.