Status: Active

Baby Mine

One: New Arrival

"It happened!" the twenty-eight year old cries, bounding into the living room with the phone clutched in his hand.

The two simple words set off a domino effect of panic and excitement in the house - bags are being packed, insults are half-heartedly thrown at inanimate objects, and the two men frantically pack for a last-minute journey across the state.

"Gerard- no that won't fit in there,"

"It'll fit if I make it fit, Frank!"

Frank laughs, then, looking up from his decision between two almost identical t-shirts, "You're such a stubborn little shit."

"Did you just call me a shit?" Gerard looks up, offended until he sees the playful look on Frank's face. He throws a pair of balled-up socks at him. "What am I even meant to pack, we'll only be gone for like a few days..."

"Clothes would be a good start." He grins, "We'll probably just be staying at Ray's until we can go see them and then again after because of visiting hours or whatever. Make a little trip out of it."

Gerard digs out a pair of sweats then, figuring he's probably going to need something to sleep in, and shoves them into his bag with the rest of his things. He quickly fastens the bag before he has time to think too much about whether he's forgotten anything or whether he should choose something different.

"I didn't realize I married a girl." Frank laughs, earning himself a glare. He shakes his head in amusement and carries both bags downstairs with Gerard following. "Do you think we should take a gift or something?"

"Like what?" Gerard asks, cocking his eyebrow at the younger man. Frank shrugs.

"Champagne, maybe? To celebrate."

"Great idea for a breast-feeding woman." Gerard says sarcastically.

"Alright, point taken."

The couple pack up their crappy little car, throwing the bags carelessly into the trunk and making a couple of trips back to the house to double and triple check all the electricity is off and all the doors are locked. Once satisfied, they duck into the car and Frank pulls out of the drive and starts the near half hour journey from Newark to Kearny.
♠ ♠ ♠
A whole new world,
Every turn a surprise,
With new horizons to pursue.


And so begins the latest addition to the many-fics-of-Lauzz (and Megan).

I don't have too much to add right now, besides enjoy, and please leave feedback if you read. Don't be shy.

Happy reading,
Lauzz & Megan xo