Status: Active

Baby Mine

Two: Baby Boy

"Man, I hate these places," Gerard mutters, shuddering as he and Frank walk through the hospital corridors, surrounded by plain white walls and the overwhelming smell of disinfectant. "They're full of needles and creepy machines and death."

Frank laughs quietly, bringing Gerard's slightly trembling hand to his lips to kiss lightly. It eases Gerard's trembling slightly but not so much his discomfort.

"We're in a maternity ward," Frank reminds him reassuringly. "Full of excited parents and new life."

Gerard tries to relax as they reach the Toro's room, pushing open the double door and stepping in with Frank, greeted by a more than ecstatic Ray, who engulfs the pair in an enthusiastic hug the moment they enter the room, and a tired but glowing Christa. The couple gush out their congratulations and Frank hands over their gift. They had spent the whole drive worrying about what to get before they finally decided to stop off and buy a small white stuffed rabbit and a couple of baby onesies.

"Thank you, guys, they're wonderful!" Christa beams, laying out the striped onesie to dress the baby in later.

"Follow me," Ray instructs, heading towards the door. "He's in the room across the hall, I'll introduce you."

Frank and Gerard follow eagerly, excited to meet the little bundle of joy. They can't help but laugh at how Ray literally bounces to his baby, they have never seen anyone quite so excited and not even slightly worried about being a first-time parent.

He leads them to the crib in the far right corner, near the window, and Frank and Gerard immediately begin to fawn over the tiny boy, kicking his legs inside the crib and gurgling contently.

"He's got your nose, Toro," Gerard coos in a child-like voice, tickling the soft little cheek with his index finger. Ray thanks him with a light laugh, and leans over to lift his son and hand him to Gerard.

Gerard gasps slightly as he feels the baby's warm weight against his chest, cradling the tiny person in his arms, one hand supporting his bottom and the other cupping his tiny arm, and his head resting comfortably in the curve of Gerard's elbow.

The child stares up at Gerard with large, curious eyes and Frank watches with a mixture of fascination and this pure, unfaltering love he can't quite comprehend as his husband coos the boy.

"Hey little man, I'm your Uncle Gerard," he murmurs in the same babyish tone as before, looking up from the baby to beam at Frank. After a moment he offers him for Frank to hold, but the young man declines as Ray informs them it's time for the baby to be fed. He's kind of desperate to get Gerard out of there anyway.

"We could come back this afternoon," Frank offers, and Ray happily agrees.

"That'd be great. Thank you for coming."

"Like you could tear us away,"
~
Back outside the couple reach their car, but before Gerard can actually get in it, Frank is shutting the passenger door that was just opened and pushing Gerard against it to press an eager kiss to the elder's lips. Gerard is taken by surprise but complies anyway, kissing back and clutching at Frank's waist.

When they separate, panting ever so slightly, Gerard grins lopsidedly, not moving his hand from Frank's waist.

"Not that I'm complaining, but what was that for?" He asks. Frank wraps some of Gerard's hair around his fingers and pulls his head down, keeping them close.

"Do you have any idea how fucking gorgeous you look holding a baby?" Frank demands almost aggressively, releasing Gerard's hair and stepping back just a little bit. "Fuck, I love you."

He guides Gerard away from the passenger door knowing he himself is in no fit state to drive. Gerard takes the hint and walks round to the driver door, getting into the car and putting the key in the ignition.

"Home," Frank says desperately, not caring for an unfamiliar place right now, just needing to be in their house, in their bedroom. Seeing Gerard with that baby had made Frank love and want him more than he thought he ever could. Gerard glances over with a raised eyebrow.

"But I thought we were staying at-" Gerard tries, but he's cut off by Frank repeating himself in a more demanding manner and the elder's eyes widen at the sight of Frank trying to subtly readjust himself through his jeans.

Gerard bites his lip and doesn't question again, simply pulls out of the parking lot and doing as he's told, his hands gripping the steering wheel tightly to try and keep control of the car.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let's spend the night together
Now I need you more than ever
Let's spend the night together now.


The main story is gonna have a fairly slow progression.
It's quite a serious plot and I can't afford to rush this kind of story.
But it should still be an interesting read, if I do it right.

Your feedback would be really helpful, particularly at this early stage, so if you could leave a comment when you read I'd be more than grateful.

Happy reading,
Lauzz xo