Don't Let Me Go

Chapter one.

Becca stared at her reflection in the full-length mirror, tilting her head to the side ever so slightly to study the girl staring back. Blonde hair tumbled to the side as her head tilted further with inspection, the light locks cascading down so the tips sat cosy on her breasts. Green startled eyes stared back, the large almond shaped orbs looking slightly out of place settled upon such a delicate pixie face. Full pouty lips parted as steady breaths left and entered through the tiny agape hole, all nerves steadying for the day’s events.

“You look beautiful,” Her father stood behind her, staring at his eldest daughter with love and adoration. He stepped forward, looking ever so handsome in a midnight blue tux, contrasting against the crème waistcoat underneath, the tie around his neck and the delicate hanky nestled within his left pocket. His salt and pepper curls were sleeked back in a stylish fashion, rather than his usual sloppy tousled manner. Lisa had obviously given the stylist strict instructions.

“Oh daddy,” Becca let out a small cry, turning around and running into her father’s hard and welcoming chest. “You look so handsome.” She muffled against his dark blazer, ensuring her eyes didn’t touch the fabric and stain it with her black mascara.

“Don’t cry darling,” Jensen cooed against his daughter’s hair, planting soft kisses across the top of her head. “You sure you’re up for walking down the aisle? You’re looking a little peaky!” He held Becca at arm’s length and stared at the young girl who had been a true blessing, despite his relationship with her mother being cut short, conceiving their beautiful daughter had ensured those ten years were not a waste.

“Of course,” Becca giggled, dabbing gently at the bottom of her eyes to make sure she didn’t rub any of the make-up that had taken a good 30 minutes to apply. Lisa and her father had gone all out in terms of hair and make-up people to assist Becca all morning. She had dismissed the hair stylist, deciding she wanted to let her blonde locks loose, with the simple flower embroidered head piece nestled perfectly on the mound of locks. The theme was Midsummer Night’s Dream; something Becca had decided was a perfect theme for a wedding. Her dress was white that hugged tightly to her breasts and tiny hips, before gently cascading into a flutter of more white material to the tops of her knees.

“That’s my girl,” Jensen smiled, placing a kiss to Becca’s forehead, before announcing his departure. He was due to leave for the church any moment, with Lisa and the bridesmaids following shortly after. Becca would be in car between the two, ready to walk down the aisle after her father and before Lisa.

Jensen had made sure his two girls played big parts in his wedding. Lisa had chosen Becca as the maid of honour without needing to be asked, whilst Chloe, his youngest, would be right in front with her basket of petals, performing the role of flower girl and ring bearer. He wanted both his girls fully involved in this ceremony.

“I’ll see you there, dimples.” Jensen smiled.

“I’ll be right behind you,” Becca added, fixing the handmade headpiece that had slightly fallen to one side. Jensen left, leaving Becca with herself and the girl in the mirror, once again.

This time the reflection held a smile and eyes that shined because a fresh coat of tears graced the surface. She was ready to make this day perfect for her father and Lisa and everyone else who travelled far or near to be here. She would walk down that walkway with the biggest smile on her face, because this wasn’t a day for her insecurities and fears to take over; it wasn’t her place to pull the spotlight from Lisa and she would ensure nobody else did.

“Are you ready?” A sweet voice asked from behind and Becca smiled at the handsome young man who would officially become her family after today, even if it was only a cousin. Louis made a loop with his arm, allowing Becca to guide her bare arm through and lock it with his. They had met only twice previously, but Louis had been sweet to her, despite her worries that such a famous young man wouldn’t look twice at such a nobody like her. “You look stunning.” He smiled, giving her a reassuring smile. Becca returned it, following the boy down the stairs and into the awaiting car. They had been paired together during the rehearsals after one of the bridesmaids had bailed last minute and one of the groomsman had fallen sick from alcohol poisoning from the stag do. Lisa had panicked, but only for a moment because in the end it worked out that both Louis and Becca had lost their partners. They would walk together and so the problem had been solved.

In the car, Becca stared nervously at her hands, shifting a little so her dress didn’t crumble up beneath her.

“Are you okay?” Louis asked, his brown eyes crinkling at the corners when he smiled.

“I don’t do well with crowds,” Becca admitted, smiling nervously, “I guess it’s different for you, since you deal with crowds on a daily basis.” She added, referring to his millions of fans around the world.

“I use to love theatre at school, so I’ve always loved being in the spotlight; but I understand from some of the boys in the band that it takes practice to be comfortable around it all.” Louis spoke from experience, so he held an almost wise aura around him that Becca couldn’t help but stare at and listen contently to.

“I could use your confidence later; I’m dreading making a speech, despite having planned it for weeks now!” Becca whined, placing her head in her hands. Louis placed a hand on her leg and sent her a reassuring smile.

“You want my advice,” Louis replied. Becca nodded, knowing she could do with as much advice as possible at this point, “Forget every word you planned. Forget reciting the words you spent endless days trying to come up with. Just speak from the heart, because I guarantee that it will sound a thousand times better than any speech you had to plan.”

“You really think so?” Becca asked,

“Definitely!” Louis smirked as they pulled up outside the church.

They both stepped out onto the pebbled pathway, smiling at everybody who was still waiting outside. People complimented Becca, but mainly they were interested in Louis.

“Are you excited to start touring!?”

“I bet your family are so proud!”

“Are the other boys attending today?”

Questions were fired at him and at some point he sent Becca an apologetic smile.

“I can’t wait to get back on the road… My family are amazing and have stood by me… Yes, they are on their way.” Louis answered every question with a smile, but was secretly thankful when Jensen told people to respect the boys’ space. Some people looked embarrassed, whilst others just huffed and walked off.

“Thanks man,” Louis sighed, “I think people forget I’m just a normal guy sometimes.”

“No worries, your family now and family look out for each other,” Jensen smiled, patting the young boy on his shoulder. Louis smiled at that and gave Becca a bright smile.

“I guess I can call you Cousin after all this?” He had a cheeky tone to his voice and a mischievous smile that could melt the coldest of hearts.

“I guess so,” Becca blushed, “I won’t get like hate mail from your fans or anything?” Becca joked but Louis looked a little serious.

“Some fans are unpredictable and considering the photographer seems to have fun snapping up pictures of the both of us; I can’t promise some fans will not assume the worst.” Louis rubbed the back of his neck, “My girlfriend Eleanor had it a lot at the beginning and she still does get harassed to this day. In fact, here she is now with the guys.”

Becca’s eyes landed on a beautiful brunette stepping out a car, whose face lit up at the sight of Louis. She rushed over, doing surprisingly well by not falling over. The two embraced and shared a quick kiss.

“El, this is my new cousin, Becca,” Louis introduced, “Becca this is my girlfriend, Eleanor.”

“Oh my, you look absolutely gorgeous!” Eleanor beamed staring awestruck at the dress and lacing one of Becca’s curls around her finger. Becca blushed, looking down at her shoes.

“I have some amazing stylist’s to thank for that,” Becca replied.

“Complete crap right there,” Eleanor said proudly, “I’ve been around models a lot, and I can assure you that even the best stylists haven’t made them look this good. Natural beauty plays a huge part in the final piece.”

“I’ll leave you girls to talk—I’m going to go see the guys.” Louis kissed El on the lips and pecked Becca on the cheek.

“So how long have you and Louis been together?” Becca asked, taking a wine glass from the tray. Refreshments were being passed around since the bride was running a little late, and keeping the guests happy was on the agenda until she was on her way.

“Over two and a half years now,” She smiled proudly, staring adoringly at her boyfriend who was surrounded by four other guys. Becca found herself staring at each one in turn, noting how every single one of them were good looking in their own right.

One guy looked like he had some other culture running through his veins, with his gorgeous tanned skin and dark features. He had a brooding expression that could come across bored looking, but Becca recognised the look; he was a very guarded person. Next to him was another handsome guy with hair that looked newly grown since it wasn’t very long. He had a friendly smile that just like Louis, scrunched his eyes up in a cute fashion. Opposite him stood the only light haired member, with blonde and light brown spikes standing tall on his head. He was cute but extremely good looking, with bright blue eyes that stood out from even a distance. He looked over and sent her a bright smile.

And lastly, with his arm around Louis stood a boy that was staring right at her. He had a mop of curls that were styled back from his devilishly handsome face. Unlike Niall, this guy was properly looking at her, like he was trying to see through to her soul. He had a small smile on his lips and when he realised she was staring back, he held up his glass and nodded his head.

“Who is that?” Becca asked Elle, who was searching through her purse for something. Eleanor looked up and over to the boys who were all in a heated discussion with each other, minus one. Eleanor shared a small smile to herself.

“That is, Harry Styles.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Becca's wedding outfit!

So this is the long overdue, story I've been promising for a while. I did want to hold out a bit longer, just until I got some more pre-writes down, but I couldn't help myself. I love writing this story, especially because I hope to bring in some serious subjects within it and bring a new depth to my writing.

Anyway, do let me know what you think. But I must thank those who already recommended or subscribed before the story even began. You're all amazing x