Don't Let Me Go

Chapter two.

The music began playing in the church as Becca stood beside Louis, staring hard at the wooden door and clinging hard onto his arm.

“Relax,” He whispered, his voice soothing her just a little. At least she had him to fall on if she did faint.

In front of them, the doors began to slowly open and soon the two couples in front began their descent up the aisle. Louis and Becca were last; being just before the bride herself, considering Becca was the maid of honour. They waited for the man hiding behind a pillar to count them in and reminded both them the formation of their feet and the timing. Who thought something simple like walking up an aisle would be made so damn confusing.

“And, go!” The man whispered, singing out the step formation although both already knew it backwards considering Lisa had them practice a lot. Everything had to be perfect.

Becca felt her chest tighten as she reminded herself to breath and keep her eyes straight ahead. Louis was chanting encouragements under his breath and if it wasn’t for him, she might have made a fool of herself. Half way up the aisle was when Becca made her first mistake; for a moment she took her eyes off the front and found them wandering ahead into the seats. Her eyes met with his again; those warm emeralds that were making her chest restrict and tighten. Harry was smiling as their eyes locked a little longer, a feeling neither could describe, passing between them. Luckily, she snapped out the trance just in time to part from Louis and take to the bride’s side of the stage, taking the front with the two bridesmaids behind her.

Coming down the aisle now was her little sister, an adorable three year old whose blonde locks looked beautiful entangled in flowers. In her hand was a woven basket full of white and pink petals that she began littering the walkway with. She had a cute skip to her step as she hummed along to the tune playing through the organ. Finally, when she reached the top, she handed the basket to Lisa’s sister also known as Louis mum, and in return was handed the embroidered pillow that held both rings.

Becca held out her hand to her younger sister, leaning down and kissing her rosy cheeks.

“You did great, Coco.” She whispered, keeping her sister close to her side until it was time for her next job; to hand over the rings.

The church was filled with a string of ‘Oohs’ and ‘Awes’ when Lisa made her descent down the walkway. Her dark chocolate hair was pinned back into an amazing up do, but with some loose locks hanging down by her shoulder. In her hair was the same flower headpiece, but instead it was attached to a veil. The veil didn’t cover her face like most brides did, because Lisa always believed that the face and make-up was just as important as the dress and to hide it, was a stupid idea.

Becca felt the tears prick her eyes when she looked at father and how his eyes glistened with a fresh coat of tears when he stared at his wife-to-be.

It had been eleven years since Becca’s mother had passed away and for many years after, her father and she had tried their best to move on. Six years after her passing, Jensen met Lisa and two years later, Chloe was born and finally Jensen and Becca found there place again. Her father had proposed two years ago, and this day had been long awaited.

The ceremony went on and soon the vows were over and the last hymn was sung. The bride and groom, now husband and wife, left the church together, followed by Becca and Louis who were both holding the hand of little Chloe. The courtyard outside was full of everyone congratulating the bride and groom, but mostly Jensen wanted to part the crowds and find his two girls.

Chloe’s tiny ballet pumps had untied, so Becca took the little girl over to a bench. She knelt gently on the pebbled stones, wincing as her bare leg became dented by the tiny stones.

“There you go,” Becca smiled, patting her sisters’ legs and sitting beside her, “You did good today, Coco, and you look beautiful.” Chloe smiled up at her older sister and giggled.

“Mummy so pretty and so is Becca,” Another giggle escaped her cherub lips.

“What about daddy?” Becca asked, playing with one of Chloe’s blonde locks.

“Daddy smells funny,” Chloe scrunched her nose up and flapped her hand by her nose.

“That’s his perfume, Coco,” Becca laughed, placing an arm around the little girl and pulling her onto her lap. “He looks handsome though, doesn’t he?”

Chloe nodded, smiling over at her parent’s before jumping to her feet and running off into Jensen’s arms. He looked over at Becca and blew her a kiss before signalling that he would be over once he could get rid of all these people. Becca didn’t mind so much though, she was enjoying just sitting here in the quiet.

“Hey, you mind if I join you?” A came voice from her left. Becca lifted her head up and met those emerald eyes that she had momentarily forgotten about.

“Sure,” Becca mumbled a reply, shifting over so the boy could take a seat. Silence surrounded them for a moment before Harry spoke up.

“You’re Jensen’s girl, Becca, right?” He asked, Becca giving a small nod in reply. She wasn’t the best at meeting people because this wall she had up always made her weary around new people. “You don’t talk much, do you?”

“Sorry,” Becca grumbled, finally turning back to meet his stare, “I guess I’m a little overwhelmed by all this.” It was an honest reply, but not the true reason behind her silence. This boy made her nervous and she didn’t like how his eyes seemed like they were reading her soul; reading all her darkest secrets. Those green orbs penetrated the wall she had around her and so she felt bear around him. Nobody had this effect on her, not even her own father.

“Understandable,” He replied, offering her a piece of gum. She rejected it kindly. “My names Harry by the way. I’m Louis friend and band mate.”

“I recognised you from my little sisters poster,” Becca smiled a little, watching as her sister was now giving Zayn and Niall the third degree, asking them all sorts of questions.

“She is adorable,” Harry said, looking over at the little blue eyed girl, “She looks a little like you!”

“We have different mothers,” Becca blurted out thinking it somehow mattered, when really she didn’t need to divulge that information, “I mean, we both have our father’s eyes and mouth. The blonde comes from my mother’s side, but I’m not sure where her golden locks come from.”

“Most children have light hair when young. I wouldn’t be surprised if she turned dark chocolate by the time she reached your age.” Harry suggested, chomping down on the gum in his mouth. She could smell the mint from his breath and it sent tiny goose bumps down her spine.

“True,” Becca said in a barely audible voice.

“So, what do you do then, Becca?” Harry asked, giving her a dazzling smile that most probably had the entire female population of the world dropping their panties.

“I just finished my stylist training, but the place I was learning the practical was hell and I recently quit. So I guess you could say I’m a struggling stylist!” Becca let a half-hearted laugh escape, but Harry knew her heart wasn’t in it.

“You would love my friend Lou; she is the bands stylist and an amazing woman. She couldn’t make the wedding, but perhaps I could give her your number. She’d love to give you advice and such if you ever need it!” Harry’s eyes were shining, feeling great that he was doing a good deed for someone.

“That would be great,” Becca whispered with a small smile, feeling a little embarrassed and like a charity case. Harry retrieved his phone and after tapping for a while, he handed it over.

“This isn’t some plan to get my number for yourself, is it?” Becca raised an eyebrow and smirked, both of them startled by the hint of flirtation in her voice.

“I would never con a beautiful young lady like that,” Harry replied in mock-innocence. Becca blushed at being called beautiful, but Harry was busy saving the number to notice.

“My dad is waiting for me, but I guess I’ll see you at the party shortly?” Becca stood up, noticing her father watching the couple with a hint of suspicion and wonder. Harry looked up at her and smiled.

“Of course,” He replied, standing up next to her. With her heels on she was almost the same height, but her heels were ridiculously high and uncomfortable. “I’ll make sure to keep an eye out for you.” He gave her a small wink, before wandering off back to his friends.

Becca stood there for a moment and just stared at the spot he was just standing. She imagined him standing there still and how she would lift herself up higher onto her tiptoes before kissing his pink lips. She could imagine him tasting like mint, but it would be a taste different to any other guy chewing on gum. It would be a perfect taste that would linger on her lips for days after.

The daydream was cut short by her father’s voice breaking through the bubble that had surrounded her. The image was lost in her mind and she was slightly thankful because she was ashamed of herself. She had known Harry for only five minutes, and already she had pictured such an intimate scene. She shook her head and told herself to stop being so foolish. She pretended not to know the curly haired boy, but the truth was she knew him all too well. She knew he was a heart breaker and bed hopper. He was a womanising man who wouldn’t look at her twice for anything other than a quick fling.

She was worth more than that.

Wasn’t she?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm trying my best to get updates out. Bear with me, I have a new full time job and I'm trying to adjust to the new routine. Hopefully updates will be coming quicker in due time!

Thank you <3